Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Serious playground baller TheGreatBlaze's Avatar

Default Re: There are only 3 guys I'd take over Damian Lillard.

Damian has a word for all the haters in this thread

I love how that since he's 22 he's maxed out according to people. Like players didn't come into the NBA for decades after spending 4 years in college and improve. I remember the same stuff was being said about Brandon Roy every year from his senior year of college. I'm not saying he's a top 3 player or anything but people saying he's peaked and this will be his best season? Give me a break, watch the kid play he's improving constantly and wants to be great. 27/7/7 tonight with 5 3's. I just hope he can stay healthy.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

To above...don't think people are really hating. Just not prematurely overrating the fhck out of him.

Not sure you can knock him being a 22/23 year old rookie when he already plays like a vet. He shows a ton of control out on the court and has skipped over a lot of the bonehead rookie growing pains.

I think its easy to say he won't improve or this will be his best season because his style of play doesn't scream future superstar. He still has plenty of things he can add to his game and his athleticism is underrated.

Some guys might have a higher ceiling than Lillard but I'm not sure how many of those guys have a higher probability than Lillard of actually reaching their ceilings.

To above...don't think people are really hating. Just not prematurely overrating the fhck out of him.
    I don't want to do that either. I don't think he's a top ten player right now. Or top anything.

I just realized the other day that he is the 4th most desirable prospect in the league because of a combination of factors. I found that more interesting than anything else. How for various reasons other players much better than him, or more talented, aren't as desirable as prospects because of some flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifton
    I don't want to do that either. I don't think he's a top ten player right now. Or top anything.

I just realized the other day that he is the 4th most desirable prospect in the league because of a combination of factors. I found that more interesting than anything else. How for various reasons other players much better than him, or more talented, aren't as desirable as prospects because of some flaw.
    Your scientific study belongs in the Scientology forum.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Just because you typed a long post doesn't mean it can't be crap. Your post is shit.

Saved, will neg later.

Lillard is overrated, lucky to be in a team that builds around him.

Really about the big 3 and now Griffin the gap is quite large...