Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61

Thread: Charles Barkley Turns 50

  1. #1
    NBA sixth man of the year Round Mound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,504

    Default Charles Barkley Turns 50


  2. #2
    Sentenza AngelEyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    City of Wind
    Posts
    3,855

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    I commend your persistence.

  3. #3
    NBA sixth man of the year Round Mound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,504

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    I commend your persistence.
    Statistical Proof

  4. #4
    Big Booty Hoes!! NumberSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Internets
    Posts
    28,536

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    Ring counting idiots who were 5 years old when Chuck was a Rocket are the only people who don't think he's the best.

  5. #5
    NBA sixth man of the year Round Mound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    7,504

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Ring counting idiots who were 5 years old when Chuck was a Rocket are the only people who don't think he's the best.
    [B]Exactly . I Wish Barkley Would Have Retired in 1996 So People Wouldn
    Last edited by Round Mound; 03-21-2013 at 09:20 PM.

  6. #6
    Kobe Apostle Deuce Bigalow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    11,065

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50


  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California of America
    Posts
    19,100

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    Barkley is hard to judge as a PF. He put up great stats for the future generations to read.

    Those that have seen him play can say he failed the eye-test. Watching him play it seems like he puts up empty stats. Was never a good leader and wasn't very clutch.

    The man played for 3 freaking teams, unheard of for anyone that is considered the best.

    This is why I don't value Shaq much, he played for 6 teams. That's almost journeyman status.

  8. #8
    Sentenza AngelEyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    City of Wind
    Posts
    3,855

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Barkley is hard to judge as a PF. He put up great stats for the future generations to read.

    Those that have seen him play can say he failed the eye-test. Watching him play it seems like he puts up empty stats. Was never a good leader and wasn't very clutch.

    The man played for 3 freaking teams, unheard of for anyone that is considered the best.

    This is why I don't value Shaq much, he played for 6 teams. That's almost journeyman status.
    Are you on medication?

  9. #9
    Lebron fan dh144498's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,066

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    even if you take away all of Tim Duncan's chips and MVPs, he is still better/greater than Barkley. Stay salty.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    California of America
    Posts
    19,100

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    even if you take away all of Tim Duncan's chips and MVPs, he is still better/greater than Barkley. Stay salty.
    I would have to agree. Barkley was a better scoring version of Charles Oakley. There games are pretty much similar and they were pretty much role players. Barkley was a great player but his attitude and leadership made him stand out less. He was more of a great role player.

    Can't lead a team worth damn.

    You have to play like a leader to be considered the best in the game.

  11. #11
    Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,238

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    People that have to use statistical proof are in denial, watch the games it's like saying statically Westbrook is the best PG in the game when in reality cp3 and tony parker are on another level. Or like saying Dwight Howard is a better center than Marc gasol this year because he has better stats

  12. #12
    Big Booty Hoes!! NumberSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Internets
    Posts
    28,536

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    Quote Originally Posted by dh144498
    even if you take away all of Tim Duncan's chips and MVPs, he is still better/greater than Barkley. Stay salty.
    Might as well have Shaq at #1 if we're counting centers.

  13. #13
    Lebron fan dh144498's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,066

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Might as well have Shaq at #1 if we're counting centers.
    he's a pf. No one has ever said Shaq was a pf. tim Duncan was always talked about as a PF.

  14. #14
    Big Booty Hoes!! NumberSix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Internets
    Posts
    28,536

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    People that have to use statistical proof are in denial, watch the games it's like saying statically Westbrook is the best PG in the game when in reality cp3 and tony parker are on another level. Or like saying Dwight Howard is a better center than Marc gasol this year because he has better stats
    Westbrook and Dwight actually don't have better stats.

  15. #15
    Lebron fan dh144498's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,066

    Default Re: Charles Barkley Turns 50

    Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Westbrook and Dwight actually don't have better stats.
    Dwight has better stats, Westbrook and CP3 are a wash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •