Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Default Re: Battle of Eras: Walt Frazier's comments vs Lebron's on the Heat's streak

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Bynum has the size to bother any center to ever play, and hes as strong as an ox. Gasol obviously isn't as graceful as Hakeem, but hes undoubtedly an 18/10 guy in any era. And yes, Howard would get taken to school by Shaq. Everyone did though, whats your point?
    I think it's pretty obvious what my point was since I stated it in my reply to you. If you truly believe those three have what it takes to be in the top five post players of the 90s then there's nothing left to say...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Battle of Eras: Walt Frazier's comments vs Lebron's on the Heat's streak

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    26 games in a row is 26 games in a row. The league and/or a certain conference has been thought to be weak before and only one other team has pulled this off. LeBron has elevated himself to a level where he is clearly one of the best to ever do it, and his team is about to win a second straight title and its third straight Finals appearance. The Heat have four HOFers (three in their primes) and decent supporting talent. They will be regarded as a great team in the future. Deal with it.
    I don't think it's a question of whether the Heat are a great team on their own.. It's that they aren't being tested by other great teams. That was the whole point.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    I don't think it's a question of whether the Heat are a great team on their own.. It's that they aren't being tested by other great teams. That was the whole point.
    I thought Clyde said, "I wouldn't call them a great team." I'm addressing his comment.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    Frazier is an idiot first off dresses like a clown also secondly I stopped taking what he said seriously when he said Heat have 2 HOFers.. They have 4 on their team. Yes Bosh should make it..Ray, Wade and Lebron are locks
    lol Bosh will be HOF,I can't stop laugh

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    They will be regarded as a great team in the future. Deal with it.

They will be regarded as great by ESPN Boys like yourself.

But for NBA Legends and Hoopheads like myself, they are just a stacked team in a 30 -team washed down league. ... top 25 team all time, but no where near top 10.

The 70s era was a joke. Mostly looked like high school players. 80-90s and onwards is when NBA can be taken serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
    I think it's pretty obvious what my point was since I stated it in my reply to you. If you truly believe those three have what it takes to be in the top five post players of the 90s then there's nothing left to say...
    Who said anything about top 5? I said they'd match up well.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    First reaction was who?

Some scrub from the weakest era of basketball talking about how his era was better? Yep sounds right, old people always like to talk about their day, as if it were better. Good ole nostalgia.
    LeBron dominant in a weak era that hv no Quailty Center

Decent playground baller Kovach's Avatar

Of course they would.
    You have players like Mike Gminski, of which you don't have the slightest clue who that is, averaging 15+/10 on title contending teams in the 80's and 90's yet Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Bynum would struggle.

This board is full of retards with agendas. F*cking idiots.
    Gminski? Yea, I only watched him when he dropped 40 on the 86 Celtics. Pure scrub.

Unlike the 3 above he could actually shoot.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Of course they would.
    You have players like Mike Gminski, of which you don't have the slightest clue who that is, averaging 15+/10 on title contending teams in the 80's and 90's yet Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Bynum would struggle.

This board is full of retards with agendas. F*cking idiots.
    IDK what our point is.. All three of those guys would be average centers in the 70s/80s/90s. And they're some of the best talent currently. It's actually pathetic. We went from

Prime KG
    Prime Shaq
    Prime Duncan
    Prime Dirk
    Prime Webber
    Prime Jermaine Oneal
    Even Yao was better than those guys..

Less than a decade ago to now. And you're propping up Pau Gasol and Dwight who are some of the best talent at the position, on the SAME 8th seeded team. What a joke..

Certified ISHiot.

For the record, the Heat have beaten 12 teams that will be in the Playoffs during the streak. If they keep it alive and beat San Antonio they'll have 30 wins and will have beaten the current #1, #2, #4, #5, #7, and #8 seeds from the West and the #2, #3, #5, #6, #7, and #8 seeds from the East.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    They will be regarded as great by ESPN Boys like yourself.
    I can't stand ESPN.

NBA sixth man of the year

When people say Miami is the most stacked team, they are referring to 2 HOF's on their team and another all-star...I think we all know that...Does that mean stacked? I don't know. But I kind've agree with Frazier, the competition is much weaker and there is no way this team would beat some of those great teams with great centers and great team defense. I just don't see it.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by lebeast666
    The 70s era was a joke. Mostly looked like high school players. 80-90s and onwards is when NBA can be taken serious.
    2011-2013 era is a joke............When Dwight is the best Center in this era,he is not even half as gd as Alonzo Mourning

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Riversna sobrang bobo and mahina ang utak

Pau Gasol would still be a very productive player in the 1990's. He's one of the best low post scorers today.