Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default Re: how do YOU approach girls?

I think the BEST THING TO DO, is not listen to other peoples advice. Because that just screws your head up. Just do anything you want.. there's no rule book, no guidelines. You have these guys out there like..."Approach her with a friendly hello.. ask this specific question.. call her after precisely 3 days.." NO!

Thinking along those lines will just make you stiff and awkward. I'd say just look at things from a larger perspective. You're a male who likes girls. There are girls out there who like males. You want to date/hook up with these girls. So you're going to try and make contact in anyway that feels right for you. You're a human being, you are designed to be able to figure out the details. Trust yourself, trust your instincts. And most of all, work on your confidence. Not just because "girls dig confidence," but because you dig confidence. It feels great. And once you're confident, you'll be in a position to trust those instincts.

So there's my advice.. don't listen to advice.

If I did have to give one piece of advice, I'd say don't be afraid of the "nice guy" syndrome, and start acting like a jerk. Girls don't like jerks.. they like you. You being you. You as yourself. The problem with "Nice guys," is that they are not nice guys. They are guys who lie about their intentions to girls, pretend to be their friends so they can trick them into sleeping with them later. And nobody likes a jerk, besides girls who like jerks. And why would you want a girl like that? Just be real, be yourself, be the BEST VERSION OF YOU...

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

how do you take girls out to eat?...you expect them to pay for you?...
    Hopefully ..

I read this whole thread...and only 2, maybe 3 actually know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
    I read this whole thread...and only 2, maybe 3 actually know what you're talking about.
    you just described the majority of the threads on this site..

nvm you can scratch that, 90 % of this forum has threads infested by trolls so the total is actually much lower.

I usually meet girls with my friends, so its not really hard for me. I just start with a simple hi and then ask about their background and shit.

NBA lottery pick

Is it that much of a struggle for you older guys to meet chicks?

In college it seems so easy either at a party most the girls are down to do shit, Or in school or work I just meet them and text them for a couple days then ask them to watch a movie at my house

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    if you can't afford to spring a little money for women then you have absolutely no business at all even being in a night club...
    Its pretty sad that you think its necessary to spend money on a woman to get with her. You dont htink she wants sex just as bad? You're putting her on a pedestal

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    Its pretty sad that you think its necessary to spend money on a woman to get with her. You dont htink she wants sex just as bad? You're putting her on a pedestal
    I don't think its necessary, I think buying a woman a drink is a normal ice breaker...

Honestly I think many in here are putting the drink on a pedestal as though buying a simple drink is some huge ordeal, wtf.

It's sad if I buy a woman a drink?...gtfo...its sad if you refuse to buy a woman a drink.

just be natural but make eye contact first, then smile

"hi, how's it going?" is a fine opener

make a comment that pertains to the environment, for example if she's in a mall, ask "so what are you buying today?" sh1t like that

then progress to medium talk with a few personal questions like "so, are you a student? what are you studying?" etc

rank sentamentalist

you just gotta be spontaneous, preferably funny, and not dominate the conversation. avoid deep potentially uncomfortable conversations as well as boring small talk, keep the topics light, interesting, and don't linger on anything for too long unless its of significant mutual interest.

i completely scared off this girl i was chatting up at intermission of a play a week or two ago and in hindsight couldn't believe how dumb i was. anybody who's read my posts on this webside im sure can easily imagine my idiotic ass falling into this trap lol. we were talking about what she did, she said she studied historiography, mostly of biology.... which i took as a terrific clue to launch into a tirade on pop science interpretations of evolutionary and psychology and all this crap. i really didn't know much of what i was talking about, she clearly knew that, listened patiently but i could tell while i was ranting that i was fking up (i was high, thats my excuse)... and then after the show when we were talking and i was juuuust about to ask for her number, a cab pulled over she said a quick goodbye and the opportunity was lost.

lesson learned haha

Honestly I think many in here are putting the drink on a pedestal as though buying a simple drink is some huge ordeal, wtf.
    most ishers are much younger than you which means most ishers are much poorer than you. i can only speak for myself but i suspect most under 25 guys aren't gonna be splashing money around if they don't have to. and the fact is, you don't. again it depends on the girl, and the odd girl you might be able to get with if you spend on her when otherwise she wouldn't give you the time of day... but for the majority of women its not exactly a prerequisite. just a safe easy opening if you can afford it.
    Last edited by RidonKs; 03-28-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Donks, thought you had retired...good to see you post.

Yes I was thinking my age was a big factor in this debate...

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Mang, I just be myself, always smiling, crack some jokes. Quite easy for me. Next step is where it gets tough.

now that I think about it, if you're under 25 then buying girls a drink as an opener is probably not that great...when I think back to myself at that age me and my friends were going to younger type clubs that had $2 drink specials and drinks were served in a plastic cup and dudes are runnin around with glow sticks like it's a fckin rave or something...and that just isn't the right setting at all to even try to act like a gentlemen

the setting I had and mind and was used to as of late is more like the bar in the movie Crazy Stupid Love

^^^ more like that

and I think one of his character's rules was "don't ask if you can buy them a drink, tell them that you ARE buying them a drink"...something like that

Asl

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Mate, If I would be buying every chick I try to talk a drink I would be broke in 5 mins. I usually come to the club with enough to get 2-3 drinks. Im that cheap(20 y.o). And usually get drunk before the club.
    parties are a different topic. Much better one.
    Last edited by CeltsGarlic; 03-28-2013 at 03:27 PM.