Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: North Korea sure has been a hot topic in the news lately (CNN)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
    Yea but America can't afford to have anymore blood on their hands.

So someone else like China & Russia would have to support wiping
    them out.

I think most countries would see how fcked up NK and its leader is.

I don't think there would be much opposition, but I think they would need the support of China.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    I think most countries would see how fcked up NK and its leader is.

I don't think there would be much opposition, but I think they would need the support of China.

We cannot afford to "shoot our nukes" first... NK would have to be caught doing
    something sneaky first... and by then, the damage will be done

Kim wants to get north korea wiped off google maps

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinningFam
    Kim wants to get north korea wiped off google maps

I honestly don't think any of the 'rogue' nations that are hellbent on developing nukes would ever in a million years use them. I think even the ones who could be borderline insane have to know that say Iran nuking Israel or NK nuking the South or Japan would 100% guarantee that their country would be obliterated within a week.

They do it because they know it gives them bargaining power. It gets them a seat at the big boy table. Look at the deal that Iran just worked out thanks to them trying to develop nukes. They got a cool $100 billion and a bunch of countries making new trade deals with them. They set themselves on the road to being a World power down the line.

Without that technology, no one outside of their immediate neighbors would give a shit about them.

Pretty much the only group you have to worry about actually using nukes are terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    I honestly don't think any of the 'rogue' nations that are hellbent on developing nukes would ever in a million years use them. I think even the ones who could be borderline insane have to know that say Iran nuking Israel or NK nuking the South or Japan would 100% guarantee that their country would be obliterated within a week.

They do it because they know it gives them bargaining power. It gets them a seat at the big boy table. Look at the deal that Iran just worked out thanks to them trying to develop nukes. They got a cool $100 billion and a bunch of countries making new trade deals with them. They set themselves on the road to being a World power down the line.

Without that technology, no one outside of their immediate neighbors would give a shit about them.

Pretty much the only group you have to worry about actually using nukes are terrorists.
    That, and the fact that iran is sitting on them oil fields, cant be contaminating the product, North korea aint getting shit, then again maybe they will time will tell

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinningFam
    North korea aint getting shit, then again maybe they will time will tell
    Depends on how Kim plays his cards. When Iran was playing the same game a few years ago, Hillary reached out to their leadership to see if they were willing to make a deal instead of possibly heading to war. They said yes.

I'm sure there are secret envoys going between John Kerry and Kim as I type this.

How this ends is 100% up to Kim.

   

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    ...How this ends is 100% up to Kim.
    seems like there's a level of desperation about his actions the past couple years.

i guess a nation like the US is actually an ally of sorts to him against his own military, as they probably ponder coup attempts on a regular basis.