Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: my quitting smoking journal

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    People who smoke in NY make me laugh. It's $11 a pack. ELEVEN DOLLARS. you have to be nuts to spend $11 a day on something that essentially is killing you and not in a subtle fashion.
    Addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    People who smoke in NY make me laugh. It's $11 a pack. ELEVEN DOLLARS. you have to be nuts to spend $11 a day on something that essentially is killing you and not in a subtle fashion.
    Personally, I find it more disgusting when people eat fast food; I don't know, just the reputation it has: highly unhealthy, sh*t in some of the burgers, some are made of horses, and it is clearly the most dangerous thing you can do to your body (heart disease and obesity kill more people than smoking and car accidents).

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Personally, I find it more disgusting when people eat fast food; I don't know, just the reputation it has: highly unhealthy, sh*t in some of the burgers, some are made of horses, and it is clearly the most dangerous thing you can do to your body (heart disease and obesity kill more people than smoking and car accidents).
    niko is actually one of those people, so I find his comment both repulsive and hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba
    thats how it starts.

i give you 3 months til your smoking 10-15 cigs.

and most people will back me up.
    Ive been regularly smoking since june 2012. There have been some nights when I go over 5, and then there are some days when I don't even touch one.

people with addictions have weak personality or should i say no personality at all

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    people with addictions have weak personality or should i say no personality at all
    This makes absolutely no sense.

you have 10000 posts on an internet forum. some would say your addicted to inside hoops. would you say you have no personality??

Saw a basketball once

Exclamation Re: my quitting smoking journal

lol

5-time NBA All-Star

To be honest you don't really need one.

Being the silent, mysterious brooding guy who smokes cigarettes and grunts or the alcoholic is just as valuable as the loquacious witty dude

Very brave of you, my daddy stopped smoking and since his health have been so much better. I remember him gaining weight in the early stage of quitting, my guess is cigarettes makes you eat less (loss of appetite or something along those lines). Then my mom made him go jogging and he looks much better now and also doesn't smell that dreadful smell.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

I'm not a smoker but I do think smoking can be relaxing. I kind of envy the people who grab a nice smoke outside on a beautiful day and let the smoke run freely through the air or at a cafe(obv not in the states) after a nice coffee.

That being said I still won't ever smoke.

To the smokers why do you smoke exactly? Do you have a oral fixation or is it actually relaxing?

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    I'm not a smoker but I do think smoking can be relaxing. I kind of envy the people who grab a nice smoke outside on a beautiful day and let the smoke run freely through the air or at a cafe(obv not in the states) after a nice coffee.

That being said I still won't ever smoke.

To the smokers why do you smoke exactly? Do you have a oral fixation or is it actually relaxing?
    Smoking is not relaxing at all. The whole relaxation thing is an illusion only a nicotine addict can experience. What that means is that the only relaxing aspect is the fact that you are relieving a craving that is irritating you. If you arent a fiend for nicotine than nothing about smoking is relaxing

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    And 20% of deaths from heart disease were directly caused by smoking..

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    And 20% of deaths from heart disease were directly caused by smoking..
    Saturated fats in food is probably the leading cause of death for people with heart disease and then you add the percentage from other diseases such as obesity and cancer and the food you eat is clearly the leading cause of death in the US.