Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: my quitting smoking journal

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    I post this shit every single time someone mentions trying to quit and I will post it again.

Download this book and read it. You will quit. It is that simple. Smoked for 6 years and quit cold turkey with ease after reading this.

If you are trying to find it online just google the title of the book and add the word "pdf" to your search.

will check that out... Thanks..

I'd like to make a few contributions to this journal in the future...

I'm about to be on day 5....

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    i post an average 8 posts a day mostly from my phone while watching soccer matches...
    you are weak, deal with it
    you have to make someone feel insecure over the internet to try and make them feel mentally weak. Yeh your heaps tough.

3-4 day is by far the hardest days, after that it gets easier! My best advice is to do activities in which you normally wouldn't associate with smoking. For instance, when I played basketball I could go hours and hours without smoking. Because.. who the hell smokes while playing basketball? So while quitting, I spent as much time as possible at the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    will check that out... Thanks..

I'd like to make a few contributions to this journal in the future...

I'm about to be on day 5....
    Good shit. To all of you who are in the process of quitting, I cant stress enough how useful the book is. The author is a very intelligent man who has a complete grasp on nicotine addiction. Understanding why you smoke makes the task of quitting MUCH easier, to the point where it is not much of a challenge vs. the draining struggle of quitting through any other method.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Just switch to electronic cigs? I've smoked on and off since I was 18 and am now 29 and have never found myself addicted. Generally it could be a money thing, but I seem to have weak lungs in general and get a cough from smoking when I've been smoking regularly often. I haven't had a cig in a couple months now, but the lungs aren't really that much of issue for me. My liver and the pounding I give it with alcohol is going to kill me before any kind of tobacco product could.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 04-05-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Just switch to electronic cigs? I've smoked on and off since I was 18 and am now 29 and have never found myself addicted. Generally it could be a money thing, but I seem to have weak lungs in general and get a cough from smoking when I've been smoking regularly often. I haven't had a cig in a couple months now, but the lungs aren't really that much of issue for me. My liver and the pounding I give it with alcohol is going to kill me before any kind of tobacco product could.
    electronic cigs are no good my friend. that shit will just keep you fiending since you are constantly taking in nicotine

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    electronic cigs are no good my friend. that shit will just keep you fiending since you are constantly taking in nicotine
    Well if you are a serious smoker and need to quit at least you are just sucking in that nicotine and not all those carcinogens from cigs.

Day 11

Almost gave up yesterday... I was literally driving to the store to buy a pack, and somehow I didn't give in.

gonna have to be more careful, because now it seems like the real battle has just begun...

Gonna try to read this Allen Carr book online today while I'm at work (if I can find it)...

just did a little research on it:

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness....html?page=all

I've kicked some hard drug habits but cigarettes, by far, is the hardest thing to kick

if I had to choose cigarettes or sex, it would be a toss up for me, that's how bad

btw I smoke 4 cigarettes a day

It's ugly ass B.Walton

Thats a great start. I'm a weird case though. Smoked pack a day 2 yrs straight, then quit cold turkey for 2 years. Started again a pack every 3-4 days for half a year, quit cold turkey again (and still going) with no cravings whatsoever. Even during my no-smoking phases like atm, I smoke at parties when im drunk. Like 2-6 cigs.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    If you cant stop doing something that affects your life negatively means you are weak
    as in cigs, alcohol, drugs, gambling etc etc.. not posting on internet forum or any addictions based on watching or training sport
    This is probably the most ignorant view of addiction you could possibly hold. Congrats

It's ugly ass B.Walton

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    This is probably the most ignorant view of addiction you could possibly hold. Congrats
    Dumb as hell, yes, but not even close to most ignorant. I know this one retard who, just because he could quit cigs cold turkey after 3 years of heavy smoking, said that not being able to quit it is pathetic and now the kicker: he then started comparing cigs to heavy crack addicts and said crack addicts were just mentally weak and stupid for not being able to quit cold turkey. Like he forgot there's this whole "physical addiction" thing, lol

Day 21 / Week #3

I finally downgraded my nicotine gum from 4mg to 2mg...

I got on the scale and was very disappointed to see that only weigh 175 lbs (I'm 6' 2" and trying to get up to 195)

I'll weigh myself again in another 3 weeks... hopefully by then I'll see a significant difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    Day 21 / Week #3

I finally downgraded my nicotine gum from 4mg to 2mg...

I got on the scale and was very disappointed to see that only weigh 175 lbs (I'm 6' 2" and trying to get up to 195)

I'll weigh myself again in another 3 weeks... hopefully by then I'll see a significant difference.
    congrats man! do you workout or follow a diet to reach your goal?

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    congrats man! do you workout or follow a diet to reach your goal?
    Not right now...

all I do is Push Ups and I eat whatever I can get my hands on...

I just want to make it to May 1st (without one cigarette) and then I'll have a better plan in terms of diet & exercise...