Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Craigslist guy gave me 7 fake $100 bills....

I ****ed up. I'll learn from it..

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Ouch man. You will likely never see the scammer again but maybe if you try posting a fake ad again selling another ipad for $700, you may get that same scammer wanting to buy it from you. $700 is a lot of money, it can buy you a great tv, a decent vacation and etc. but learning from this is the best thing you can do. if you ever plan to do something like this again, ask the interested buyer to only give you a money order or a cashier check.

Hey guys! GREAT fcking news. The guy had shut his phone off, when I found out the money was counterfeit. Today I tried calling back with my boys phone and mine, and it rang out about 5-6 times then hit voicemail. It HAS to be a real phone, and a real plan. I don't think this guy knew I would find out so quickly, maybe he thought by then I used the money it'll be too late, I won't have any contact on him, etc.

He fcked up. If this is a REAL number, I'm a mile closer to finding this guy. I'm waiting monday for my moms friend who's a cop to trace his number, whenever he goes to work. It's OVER for this ****head.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Hey guys! GREAT fcking news. The guy had shut his phone off, when I found out the money was counterfeit. Today I tried calling back with my boys phone and mine, and it rang out about 5-6 times then hit voicemail. It HAS to be a real phone, and a real plan. I don't think this guy knew I would find out so quickly, maybe he thought by then I used the money it'll be too late, I won't have any contact on him, etc.

He fcked up. If this is a REAL number, I'm a mile closer to finding this guy. I'm waiting monday for my moms friend who's a cop to trace his number, whenever he goes to work. It's OVER for this ****head.
    assuming these breaking news are real and not made up in response to the circlejerk, scout his house if you do track down his domicile and after you are sure the house is alone, break in and steal all his electronics and leave monopoly currency in a clearly visible location.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz

You obviously never heard of burners?

Burners?

He texted my boy back asking "who's this". My friend said its definitely a sprint plan.

Did you wipe the iPad before you sold it? Any chance you could use the "Locate my iPad" software from another Apple device?

It's a long shot, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    Did you wipe the iPad before you sold it? Any chance you could use the "Locate my iPad" software from another Apple device?

It's a long shot, I know.
    Wiped it bro :// well I didn't, but I logged out of iCloud like an idiot, I was never logged in to begin with :///