Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Something that always bothered me about the Kobe rape case....

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Plus most rapes aren't about sex, they're about control or dominance... Kobe and other hyper-alpha athletes definitely don't have control and dominance issues you guys.
    All due respect professor M but that's a lie propagated by feminists as a projection of their own opinions on sexuality. Much like how they think status and money and fame and being sassy gets them guys. It's a projection if what they themselves internally believe on to others.

Females USE sex to control and condition men. How many men withdraw sex in order to condition their girls behavior? How many women go around keeping their mouths shut about how an attractive dude hits on them? Very few, makes them feel powerful. Just like wives go into their little groups and talk about training their husbands and boasting about their matriarchal power. True story,

I assure you Rambo is correct in his horny assertion.

Also nothing wrong with seeking to be a hyper alpha. Part of it is insecurity but part of is mans instinct to dominate. I respect your opinions here but there's way too much psychological pseudoscience bulksh!t being spewed by Left winged folks to curb behavior and weaken men and propagate certain groups interests... To be passed off as truth

Adler Freud and Jung would absolutely cringe at the kind of lies being passed off as conventionsl wisdom in the here and now
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 04-04-2013 at 02:29 AM.

I personally don't believe Kobe would be willing to risk his family, his kids, his career, his millions of dollars, and a chance to spend years in prison... so he could rape some random chick on a road trip.

It has nothing to do with him being a celebrity, and everything to do with common sense. Is Kobe capable of raping a girl? Maybe. Do I believe he would take a chance at throwing away his life to rape some random girl? Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    No offense but either you lack reading comprehension skills or didn't read my initial post. I stated that this wasn't about his guilt or innocense, but rather this notion that a superstar athlete wouldn't rape because they have money and fame, which is patently false and a dangerous way of thinking. Again, NOT about his guilt or innocense.

It's completely logical to assume that someone who has more to lose, will take less risks. It's about risk vs. reward... and Kobe raping some random girl is risking everything for very little reward.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    All due respect professor M but that's a lie propagated by feminists as a projection of their own opinions on sexuality. Much like how they think status and money and fame and being sassy gets them guys. It's a projection if what they themselves internally believe on to others.

Females USE sex to control and condition men. How many men withdraw sex in order to condition their girls behavior? How many women go around keeping their mouths shut about how an attractive dude hits on them? Very few, makes them feel powerful. Just like wives go into their little groups and talk about training their husbands and boasting about their matriarchal power. True story,

I assure you Rambo is correct in his horny assertion.

Also nothing wrong with seeking to be a hyper alpha. Part of it is insecurity but part of is mans instinct to dominate. I respect your opinions here but there's way too much psychological pseudoscience bulksh!t being spewed by Left winged folks to curb behavior and weaken men and propagate certain groups interests... To be passed off as truth

Adler Freud and Jung would absolutely cringe at the kind of lies being passed off as conventionsl wisdom in the here and now
    Why're you acting like females using their only legitimate power over men to gain control is a bad thing? It is morally I suppose, but only as bad as us using our physical presence to do the same thing. Survival of the fittest isn't a male specific trait.

Good High School Starter

so after all these years we finally found out the op is katelyn faber

It's pretty darn obvious that Kobe was not a perfect gentleman that night. The problem with the concept of "rape" is that in a hookup culture, semi-rapes happen to thousands of women a day. But nobody can identify it as sexual assault, because the encounter was consensual, and in the heat of things stuff got a bit questionable.

So she felt really dirty and used, because that's what she was. But it's not like someone stuck a needle in her neck, dragged her into his hotel room, and railed her for hours while she shouted "no" and "stop". More likely, she had something different in mind than what she got, and when Kobe turned the tables, her will was divided and mostly against it, and her body was for it. She knew she had no case and that it wasn't obvious that Kobe did anything clearly bad.

But I sorta feel like sex in a hookup culture is either kinda pathetic or kinda rapey. If there's no love involved, you're just using the other person, either for her body in an act of male dominance, or as a temporary cure for emotional insecurities. And to be honest, the former is manlier, and probably more virtuous, than the latter.

While I appreciate that there are some thought out points contributed, I really went out of my way to point out that I wasnt making this thread about Bryant's guilt or innocence. I have strong feelings about his guilt or innocence, but if I wanted to rehash that, I would've created a thread to re-litigate the case itself.

Once again, my point is that I found it disturbing that so many people gave him an automatic pass because of his celebrity status and the fact that he could "get women", which is a seriously flawed argument and gives celebrities an automatic benefit of the doubt over "regular" people that they shouldn't get.

It's completely logical to assume that someone who has more to lose, will take less risks. It's about risk vs. reward... and Kobe raping some random girl is risking everything for very little reward.
    Sorry, but that's just ridiculous. There have been people who have thrown away their lives for nothing and had the world. Bernie Madoff was already a multi millionaire and successful. He didn't have to committ fraud, and yet he did and is now going to be in jail for the rest of his life as opposed to enjoying his riches in old age. I could type a long essay on people who threw their lives away for "little reward". As I pointed out in my initial post, what was the reward for Mystikal, a multi-platinum artist on the biggest rap label at the time, filming himself sexually assaulting a woman? Sorry, but your argument is far from a given, there are many many examples to refute it.

As for everyone else who replied with nonsense having nothing to do with the topic, I actually appreciate it. Gives me an easy list of some people to throw on the ignore list for being stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    People who would be risking the same/more have done it, so why would you think he's immune?
    I didn't say he's immune. I said my first thought, given only the circumstantial evidence, is that it's unlikely. Given the specific evidence I've heard through the media, I would say it's highly unlikely. Under the premise innocent until proven guilty, the burden of evidence falls on the accuser... whom apparently dropped the case.

The general point is that I'm not going to ignore the general circumstances surrounding the incident. A homeless, ex-con gets accused of raping a girl in an alley... and my initial thought would lean towards guilty. A multi-millionare celebrity with a beautiful wife and children, who has thousands of women throwing themselves at him, gets accused of raping a girl that came to his hotel room? My thoughts lean towards innocent.

Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't, but I'm not going to ignore the circumstances surrounding the case.

I don't have a problem thinking it's unlikely, but as long as you don't dismiss it with that being your only argument. There are people in this world who thrive on that stuff. They do it because they know they can get away with it, and they find it to be a thrill. Imagine 2 brothers, 1 is a really nice and well behaved kid with a great reputation and the other is known as a trouble maker who gets into trouble all the time. Now, let's say the nice brother steals money from 1 of his parents. Then, the brother with the bad rep gets blamed and punished for it while the good brother gets away with it without anyone ever suspecting him of it (hell, even the bad brother doesn't suspect that the good brother would have done something like that). This plants a seed in the 'good' brother's mind and it can be awfully dangerous.

There have been plenty of rich people who stole
    There have been plenty of priests, pastors, ministers, etc. who have done unthinkable acts
    There have been plenty of politicians who turned out to be criminals

You say Kobe would be risking too much, but the average Joe wouldn't be? A person's own freedom is a grand risk. Doesn't matter who it is for the most part. I just don't like putting someone up on a pedestal, like the OP stated, as a person not "capable of the same failings and flaws as "regular" people".

Very good NBA starter

Something that's always bothered me about OP. If Kobe didn't exist would he be still be an obnoxious tool?

Seriously though. Cases like this: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=295190

is why I'm don't always crucify celebrities as guilty before all the facts come out. I know it's impossible for a lot of people to believe, but there are people out there that would use a serious crime like rape for their own personal agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl[B
    ]If it's so "obvious", why did so many people use that argument?[/B]
    Because it makes sense that the girl has more motive to lie than Kobe to rape her.

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Because it makes sense that the girl has more motive to lie than Kobe to rape her.
    This. Many leaned in Kobe's favor because of who had the most motive. Very few people said he was incapable of rape - it's just an unlikely scenario.

Is this just as bad or worse than the people who instantly labeled him guilty of rape because they didn't like him as a player or person? At least the former had legitimate reasoning behind their thinking.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Was the name of the chick who bent over and dropped panty KATELYN KRISTIN FABER by any chance?