Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Default Re: Serious question, are the Lakers going to be better with Kobe gone?

Can't wait to see Nash back working with the big men.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Can't wait to see Nash back working with the big men.
    First Nash post in over 4000 posts

Get it out quick while you can right? ONE win and suddenly the Lakers are better without Kobe, one of the greatest of all time. Trolls trying too hard.

Anyways, Dwight and Steve Blake, great game

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    But I thought dwight is a scrub. But it seems he plays better without kobe.

Keyword: SEEMS.

Given the fact that both Shaq and Pau had most of their career success when both paired with a guy named Kobe Bryant I don't think there is an argument as to what will lead to more success. There is NO argument.

It's a no brainer that Dwight will average better numbers with Kobe off the floor- overall very probable. He will have to pick some of the scoring slack, be a floor leader more so than before and be on-guard at all times. That is in no way shape or form a dig at Kobe making him look worse, holding him back or preventing Dwight and the Lakers from having success. It means the team dynamics are different.

Dwight IS a scrub offensively. Is that any news or will haters want to deny that fact? There is only one true test- the eye test and it's as clear as night and day the shortcomings of Dwight on offense. When compared to a softie yet skilled Pau Gasol for example.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 04-15-2013 at 07:36 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller

Given the fact that both Shaq and Pau had most of their career success when both paired with a guy named Kobe Bryant I don't think there is an argument as to what will lead to more success. There is NO argument.

It's a no brainer that Dwight will average better numbers with Kobe off the floor- overall very probable. He will have to pick some of the scoring slack, be a floor leader more so than before and be on-guard at all times. That is in no way shape or form a dig at Kobe making him look worse, holding him back or preventing Dwight and the Lakers from having success. It means the team dynamics are different.

Dwight IS a scrub offensively. Is that any news or will haters want to deny that fact? There is only one true test- the eye test and it's as clear as night and day the shortcomings of Dwight on offense. When compared to a softie yet skilled Pau Gasol for example.
    Tyson Chandler is a scrub offensively. Howard is absolutely not. Scrubs can't produce the way Howard does.

****ing morons...

How can the Lakers be better when they lost an all-time great player and their biggest superstar? It's just like the Bulls losing Jordan to retirement. I'm not saying that Kobe is equal to or better than MJ but he's one of the best players of all time (top 10 IMO). Nobody can replace him except another all-time great player.

Of course, the Lakers might play well in the few succeeding games because they are motivated. Kobe's injury might have inspired them and they try to play harder to make up for the loss of their leader. They can't play like that forever so sooner or later, they will be playing at an average or slightly mediocre level. They might make it to the playoffs and make things hard for OKC or SA the first few games, but will ultimately succumb to superior opposition.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Tyson Chandler is a scrub offensively. Howard is absolutely not. Scrubs can't produce the way Howard does.

****ing morons...
    I don't know what's worse, picking on a word used as loosely as scrub or the fact that you are the moron. I guess that's what morons got these days - cherry picking for lack of better. Dwight is a scrub offensively - I give two rats what your definition of scrub is, and to what degree, for Dwights stature anyway compared to his peers.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 04-15-2013 at 08:32 AM.

I don't know what's worse, picking on a word used as loosely as scrub or the fact that you are the moron. I guess that's what morons got these days - cherry picking for lack of better. Dwight is a scrub offensively - I give two rats what your definition of scrub is, and to what degree, for Dwights stature anyway compared to his peers.
    What?

You just want to be able to say anything. If Howard is a scrub offensively...what is Chandler?

****ing moron...

You really are one of the worst on here. You have don

The Washington Wizards have the worst offense in the league clocking in with a 100.1 offensive rating.

The Lakers last night finished the game with a 97.5 offensive rating.

DAT KOBELESS OFFENSE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    The Washington Wizards have the worst offense in the league clocking in with a 100.1 offensive rating.

The Lakers last night finished the game with a 97.5 offensive rating.

DAT KOBELESS OFFENSE

Thats because the guys behind Kornbe in the rotation havent played in months. With a lil swagger from the win and Nash comin back to the lineup, the offense bout to go to new heights, one that Chuckbe could never produce but will predictably try to take some credit for with his contrived Coachbe gimmicks.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    What?

You just want to be able to say anything. If Howard is a scrub offensively...what is Chandler?

****ing moron...
    Wait since when I can't say anything I chose to say?

Ohh there is a new low here. Morons trying to dictate what someone can or cannot say.

BTW Chandler is another scrub offensively. He's in the league for a reason - defense. Just like Dwight even thou he's indeed a better all around player - still, a scrub offensively - post game is ridiculously bad. Not a dig, just a fact. Dwight is, despite his limitations, an athletic freak - allowing him to overpower the weak crop of centers of today. That too is also a fact. To say he's a good offensive player after what he has showcased this season is a stretch. Even healthy and on the perfect "Dwight" system he was very limited - benefiting from that system to maximize his "potential" - not much if you take defense out of the equation.

As for Shamer. Go back to your hole son. I don't give a shit what you think. Troll asking for too much attention. I seen way better.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Thats because the guys behind Kornbe in the rotation havent played in months. With a lil swagger from the win and Nash comin back to the lineup, the offense bout to go to new heights, one that Chuckbe could never produce but will predictably try to take some credit for with his contrived Coachbe gimmicks.
    He takes all the credit. Mamba too good, whether you like it not.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 04-15-2013 at 10:44 AM.

- Serious answer - I do expect them to play Great basketball in the playoff's....even maybe upsetting SA or OKC.

- and while they will play inspired , with all the role players stepping up and playing a more engaged style.

- How long will it last?...and how much will Kobe's creativity and skillset be missed?

- remember how well Chicago Played when MJ retired in 94?....they won 55 games and nearly upset the ECChampions Knicks in the 2nd round.

but it was MJ's closing games ability that IMO hurt them more then anything. The Bull's made up for most MJ's skillset ( offensive FG% and def points allowed all improved)....but couldn't make up the most important...MJ's ability to get any shot he wanted when the game is slowed down / in the post season.( although PIP did play amazing)

- I expect the same from LA......an upset in the 1rst round would not surprise me at all.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

You forget that Kobe has done next to nothing without Phil.

Wait since when I can't say anything I chose to say?

Ohh there is a new low here. Morons trying to dictate what someone can or cannot say.

BTW Chandler is another scrub offensively. He's in the league for a reason - defense. Just like Dwight even thou he's indeed a better all around player - still, a scrub offensively - post game is ridiculously bad. Not a dig, just a fact. Dwight is, despite his limitations, an athletic freak - allowing him to overpower the weak crop of centers of today. That too is also a fact. To say he's a good offensive player after what he has showcased this season is a stretch. Even healthy and on the perfect "Dwight" system he was very limited - benefiting from that system to maximize his "potential" - not much if you take defense out of the equation.

As for Shamer. Go back to your hole son. I don't give a shit what you think. Troll asking for too much attention. I seen way better.

He takes all the credit. Mamba too good, whether you like it not.
    Scrubs don't produce like Howard in the post 1 on 1.

He is absolutely not a scrub in any way. Go back to pretending that he's a "system" player....when playing 2nd fiddle on a team with terrible chemistry while fighting through injuries was able to average 17/12.

And that "system player" last night had a truly great game on both ends despite playing for a coach, system, and with players that are awful for his style. Oh, and he did it against Duncan.

****ing moron...