Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: LeBron's decision was a smart one.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Ne 1 I agree with what you posted...people did believe the hype and thought because those players came up big in the regular season and won so many games which is why they were favourites against teams they had no business being favourites against.

Magic for one killed them in their main weaknesses. Mo Williams was an all-star that one year due to how well he played in the regular season but a team of one superstar and role players isn't getting it done vs better balanced teams. It's why people do get things confused with regular season and playoff basketball.

Jamison for one people saw his very good stats on a bad team and thought it would carry over and didn't.

this makes no sense...

- they played great in the Playoff's...and made it to the ECFinals...??

- how is it some people say a 66 team wasn't meant for the playoff's??...when they make it to the ECFinals??

- even in 2010...they lost to the ECChampions.. ..

- were the 11' Heat not meant for the playof's because they lost to the WCChampions?? ( many people blame Lebron for disappearing in the Finals)

- If Lebron plays like " 2012' Lebron" in 09' and 10'.....Cavs get to the Finals and possibly win.

- Lebron refined his game...that's why teh Heat won.....he could have done that in Cleveland if he stayed.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

It's so funny to me... For years, people said Cavs fans needed to "move on" from James. I rarely if I ever see threads about James created by Cavs fans.

However, there is a constant looking back by his fans on his years in Cleveland.

Who cares? He has been gone for three years. Everything that could possibly be discussed has been discussed at extreme length. Move on.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 04-19-2013 at 08:03 PM.

April 19, 2013

I'm jst trying to keep it 100% pure....

- in no world does a basketball fan say a 66 win team that makes it to the ECFinals...or a 61 win team that loses to the ECChampions is not a good team/playoff team..

- again....answer me this...was the 11' Heat not meant for the playoff's?

they lost in the Finals ( just like the 07' Cavs)...

- I'm done with it...I used to prop LBJ up on platform...I knew he would bring Cleveland a Title...I knew he would never leave and play for his hometown forever!...I knew he was real...I knew he would change history and bring Ohio what it deserves!

F that sh!t......I'm done with that B!tchz.....great , he is a champion now....personally I think he is a good man.....but what he did aint right.

at anyone saying a 60 win team wasn't good enough.....y'all are Fing crazy.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    ya it's sorta like how ewing went to the bulls to win. oh wait, that didn't happen.

lebron gets no respect.
    Maybe he should've.

Mind you, I loved those early 90s Knicks teams. They're the reason I started watching basketball and I wanted them so badly to beat Chicago. But Ewing just didn't have the horses behind him. Now what is he remembered for? Being Scottie Pippen's biotch. That's what he gets for doing things the "right" way?

Now I'm a grown man and I don't idealize the way a player's career should be. Rings and money are all that count when a career's said and done. Get them however you can. If you can get both get both.
    Last edited by Goldrush25; 04-19-2013 at 08:16 PM.

I see Lebron as a successful corporation merging with other successful corporations and driving out competing businesses. It's a smart move, but it doesn't mean that I like it. He had every right to do it though, and since he wanted championships, why not? I just don't like it, but he's not going to lose any sleep over one random guy's opinion on him.

Lebron's a great player, and one of the best to ever play the game, but I would think that most people just don't like the decision he made, even if it was smart and is bringing him more success than he's ever had. It's an emotional reaction, not a logical one.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I see Lebron as a successful corporation merging with other successful corporations and driving out competing businesses. It's a smart move, but it doesn't mean that I like it. He had every right to do it though, and since he wanted championships, why not? I just don't like it, but he's not going to lose any sleep over one random guy's opinion on him.

Lebron's a great player, and one of the best to ever play the game, but I would think that most people just don't like the decision he made, even if it was smart and is bringing him more success than he's ever had. It's an emotional reaction, not a logical one.
    That's totally fair. I remember being a Saints fan in the mid-90s and was so pissed when Deion Sanders went to the 49ers and then Cowboys. I was like @#%^, like they need more help. But looking back on it, I was only mad because they were so good. What sense does it make to hate on a team for being too good?

My perspective now is you just have to tip your hat and appreciate game. It's like hating on the guy that always gets hot women. Don't hate, get yours.

It's Pat Riley's doing. Who else in the summer of 2010 even thought it was possible to get all 3 of those guys together?? Was Chicago talking about it? Was New York talking about it? Nope, they were talking about getting 1 or maybe 2 of the 3. And that's the big difference. Pat Riley was the only one that thought he could get all 3 and that's why it happened for him. I believe if Chicago would've offered all 3, they'd be in Chicago. Same goes for New York.

Really, he thought like the Lakers of old thought. Why? Because he was a Laker. Lakers have always been the team to go out and take what they want. That's why they have the chips. That's all Riley did. He went and took what he wanted while everyone else was just hoping they'd get 1 or 2 of the 3. It's the difference between a top front office executive and second rate ones.

Saw a basketball once

i agree with the guy who said lebron ended up enhancing dwyade's ring count instead of countering it. he turned from the guy who could've had a magic-bird rivalry vs. wade but turned into the other guy's mercenary of sorts. i wonder if this has ever happened before. something that will go like bird going to l.a to team up with magic, wilt teaming up with russell, mj teaming up with barkley, and so on...

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - Totally disagree...they also had great young talent in Hickson and Varajeo....
    You used the word great. For the next two years they were subpar players.
    - They had solid role players and great perimeter play.
    You used the word great again. Who was solid? Mo would make about 5 FG per playoff game while shooting 40% and he was the shooter. Jamison was just a little bit better. The great Varajeon and Hickson were worth 9ppg and 7 rebounds together. In the playoffs Lebron lead the team in every major category by huge margins. None of them could be depended on in the playoffs.
    - again, they were great enough to win 60+ games 2 years traight....mainly due to the teams great defense and rebounding ..
    Once again you said great. No all team defenders and the best rebounder in the playoffs outside of Lebron was Jamison at 7.4.
    - no doubt the Cavs break through once Lebron expanded his overall game ( like he did in 12')
    Lebron improved his game just about every year.

- In what situation does the hometown kid leave his hometown team/fans after winning 66 and 61 games....( MVP....plays in the finals a few years before.....has teh best record in the league....)...and says it's not a great situation????

it was a great situation.....leaving a 61 win team.....and saying you are never going to win is F'ing CRAZY!
    You are basically saying he should depend on Jamison and Mo who hadn't proven they could handle playoff pressure - in fact looked really inept. A team with no real strengths outside of his play. They had one of the worse teams ever when he left. Yeah Lebron is worth 60 wins on bad team but the playoffs. Not one of his teammates played well.

Has to be said even in his prime Jamison always struggled when the pressure was on. Jamison made that Cavs team so much worse defensively....and it showed.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Has to be said even in his prime Jamison always struggled when the pressure was on. Jamison made that Cavs team so much worse defensively....and it showed.
    Yeah I still remember Garnett just straight up destroying Jamison.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25
    Maybe he should've.

Mind you, I loved those early 90s Knicks teams. They're the reason I started watching basketball and I wanted them so badly to beat Chicago. But Ewing just didn't have the horses behind him. Now what is he remembered for? Being Scottie Pippen's biotch. That's what he gets for doing things the "right" way?

Now I'm a grown man and I don't idealize the way a player's career should be. Rings and money are all that count when a career's said and done. Get them however you can. If you can get both get both.
    but you and i obviously see it different than everyone else. the new generation today would call him pippen's bitch, while people that actually watched the games remember ewing as the great player he was and he, along with malone, mark and stock get no less respect than mj and the bulls.

i do hear what you're saying though.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz
    but you and i obviously see it different than everyone else. the new generation today would call him pippen's bitch, while people that actually watched the games remember ewing as the great player he was and he, along with malone, mark and stock get no less respect than mj and the bulls.

i do hear what you're saying though.
    I feel bad for Ewing that he never won the big one. But utimately that was his choice.

Give it another 10 years and only the most diehard basketball fans will even remember Patrick Ewing existed. Everyone knows MJ though. Why, because he got the chips. The more time passes, all people remember are the championships, not the people who lost doing it the "right" way.

Rings are what count. The best athletes make a choice as to what is important in their careers.
    Last edited by Goldrush25; 04-19-2013 at 10:16 PM.

High School Varsity 6th Man NBAller's Avatar

What people meant by Cav fans need to move on is that they need to stop being butthurt/mad/sour/angry/rage/whatever word you want to use. Like burning his jersey? seriously? lol, or just hating the man in general for basically saying **** cleveland, and it's gm. Or telling other fans to move on because that's what you were told, like....move on already lol

Creating threads on the topic like mine is another story.

I'm also not 100 on the fact that those analysts provide their honest opinions on who they think will win. I think sometimes they do things for ratings or whatever.

and if Ewing wanted to stay in NY that's his decision, I'll respect that decision as much as I'll respect Brons decision to take his talents down south. I could be ridiculous and just absolutely trash Ewing for making that decision as well with shit like "Oh he's just a big giant panzy afraid of what fans will think of him if he decides to play with Jordan".

i like the way someone simply put it earlier.... Work smarter, not harder.
    Last edited by NBAller; 04-19-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2006suns
    i agree with the guy who said lebron ended up enhancing dwyade's ring count instead of countering it. he turned from the guy who could've had a magic-bird rivalry vs. wade but turned into the other guy's mercenary of sorts. i wonder if this has ever happened before. something that will go like bird going to l.a to team up with magic, wilt teaming up with russell, mj teaming up with barkley, and so on...
    This will always be a false argument because Bird and Magic had competent front offices.