Default Rate your job satisfaction

Completely based on your own opinion:

Field Interest/Passion (Is your job interesting? Do you enjoy it? Or does it simply pay the bills?)

Salary/Pay (Based on average pay, pay for your qualifications/experience)

Work Environment (Dress attire? Boss? Co-workers?)

Time Consumption (work at work and home, how often do you think of work at home?)

My girlfriend works unreal hours and stresses a ton, while I work much less hours and dont stress at all, and we make about the same. Just trying to see how much ISH enjoys different aspects of their jobs.

Here is mine:
    Job Field: Logistics/Retail

Field Interest/Passion: 7/10. Office work is, office work.

Salary/Pay: 7/10. Make a little less than average, but, not bad for no degree.

Work Environment: 10/10. By far one of the coolest places I could imagine working.

Time Consumption: 9/10. I work between 40-45 hrs per week, but once I am gone, I am gone. I don't take any work home with me.

Overall: 8.5/10. I am very satisfied with my job and a great place to work until I advance.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Rate your job satisfaction

Field Interest/Passion (Is your job interesting? Do you enjoy it? Or does it simply pay the bills?):
    7/10: Aerospace Manufacturing - It's got it's moments. It often feels like a puzzle solving exercise, and it can be really rewarding figuring something out, or hitting on an idea that works. But it's also something I do in part because I'm good at it. For example, there are guys here who are helicopter buffs and military buffs, I'm not really into it like that.

Salary/Pay (Based on average pay, pay for your qualifications/experience):
    7.5/10 - Based on the middle class chart that someone posted state to state last week, I'm 66% above the mean middle class number, 20% below the very top of the middle class, and that was for a family, and I'm doing that myself. So I guess I'm doing pretty good.

Work Environment (Dress attire? Boss? Co-workers?):
    5.5/10 - This is a tricky one for me. There's no dress code, which is nice. And for the most part I get along well with everyone. But man do I hate my boss. My direct boss I really like. He's really smart, and listens to people's ideas, but we both feel hamstrung by the big boss, and frankly the guy is a salesmen by trade who happens to be president of the company, and he just oversells the shop non-stop and then brow-beats and points fingers at everyone else because we can't get all the work out. At the same time we can't hire more help without his approval which he acts like a jerk about as well. He's about 5 years from retirement and my boss will be moving into his spot.

Time Consumption (work at work and home, how often do you think of work at home?):
    6/10 - Way more often then I'd like, but some of it I don't mind. I have a lot of good ideas once I've got some distance from the work. I do stress over knowing I'm going to get reamed out for delivery every weekend through no fault of my own though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    Field Interest/Passion (Is your job interesting? Do you enjoy it? Or does it simply pay the bills?):
    7/10: Aerospace Manufacturing - It's got it's moments. It often feels like a puzzle solving exercise, and it can be really rewarding figuring something out, or hitting on an idea that works. But it's also something I do in part because I'm good at it. For example, there are guys here who are helicopter buffs and military buffs, I'm not really into it like that.

Salary/Pay (Based on average pay, pay for your qualifications/experience):
    7.5/10 - Based on the middle class chart that someone posted state to state last week, I'm 66% above the mean middle class number, 20% below the very top of the middle class, and that was for a family, and I'm doing that myself. So I guess I'm doing pretty good.

Work Environment (Dress attire? Boss? Co-workers?):
    5.5/10 - This is a tricky one for me. There's no dress code, which is nice. And for the most part I get along well with everyone. But man do I hate my boss. My direct boss I really like. He's really smart, and listens to people's ideas, but we both feel hamstrung by the big boss, and frankly the guy is a salesmen by trade who happens to be president of the company, and he just oversells the shop non-stop and then brow-beats and points fingers at everyone else because we can't get all the work out. At the same time we can't hire more help without his approval which he acts like a jerk about as well. He's about 5 years from retirement and my boss will be moving into his spot.

Time Consumption (work at work and home, how often do you think of work at home?):
    6/10 - Way more often then I'd like, but some of it I don't mind. I have a lot of good ideas once I've got some distance from the work. I do stress over knowing I'm going to get reamed out for delivery every weekend through no fault of my own though.
    The no dress code thing is a big reason I like working where I am working. While my girlfriend spends an hour getting ready in the morning, I shower, throw on jeans and a collared shirt, and am ready in 15 minutes. That and our Office Olympics, putt putt courses built around our office, and summer hours are all a plus too.

I asked my SO the same thing, your job seems more stressful than enjoyable. Why not consider a change of scenery?

Field Interest/Passion: 9.5/10 I rep for one of the largest sports nutrition companies in the world. A dream job for someone who studied nutrition and into fitness. Only thing better would be the owner or a product developer

Salary/Pay: 9/10 I hover around 6 figures. Could be more if I got into sales and made commission. My car is expensed, the gas, phone, internet, part of my home for office...all paid for by the company. I basically have no bills.

Work Environment: 9/10 I have to dress up because I'm meeting our customers. I am a satellite employee so I work from home. My job is to upkeep, educate, and help market Dymatize so I have to look professional. Boss is cool. The industry is super cool. I also get $200 worth of supplements free a month

Time Consumption: 7/10 The job is literally 24/7. I wake up, answer e-mails until I go to bed, work trade shows on the weekend, constantly on the road or travelling afar. I do get to go to all major body building events and health shows

I'd give macmac a 10/10 on all 4.
    I work for a bank but I am not happy at all.
    Hopefully one day I can start my own business venture and play poker on the side.

That's the dream.
    Right now, I'm just grinding and looking to buy a home.
    Once that is settled and I finally hit the six digits (hopefully in 5-6 years), I can legitimately go to a bank and get a loan.

I really am considering of flipping houses.
    Right now I am an analyst at a bank; really boring. I just analyze numbers, audit accounts and debrief my findings to the branch manager.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    rezznor, macmac and Macho Man probably has the best jobs here.

Not sure what Macho did but he was always on vacation. Like more than rezznor it seemed. RIP Macho.
    I feel like dude up there has a pretty sweet job.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    rezznor, macmac and Macho Man probably has the best jobs here.

Not sure what Macho did but he was always on vacation. Like more than rezznor it seemed. RIP Macho.
    Macho didn't have a job