Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Houston Had 2 Point Guards Already Better than Lin

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    No, actually people have posted as though the Lin cash machine is already in effect. I'm not saying you did, but others have.

Its obvious why Morey signed Lin, but I'd really like to know if the strategy really has paid off.
    Not in this thread. Posters just mentioned how marketable he is bc his International fame. No one said with certainty the Rockets are already making money off him.

No, actually people have posted as though the Lin cash machine is already in effect. I'm not saying you did, but others have.

Its obvious why Morey signed Lin, but I'd really like to know if the strategy really has paid off.

The Rockets owner has some major connections in China, and markets the Rockets there more than any other team in the NBA. MCombs also owns a company called Rocket Capital, which is a Houston-based private investment company that specializes in investments in emerging markets. The company has a strong focus on the China region.

I have no idea how much it actually pays off to sign these popular asian players though.

Learning to shoot layups

No, not even in NY. There was an increase in viewership and lots of jerseys sold but Linsanity didn't last long enough for the cash to really start flowing.

Houston took a chance that Lin would come somewhat close to Knicks numbers but then Harden became the main focus. The real money would taken some time with the stipulation that Lin could put up some decent numbers. For people to say Rockets only wanted Lin because of race is plain stupid, no one gave a crap about Wang Zhizhi or Yi Jianlian cuz they weren't very good.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoopDreams247
    So 13.4 ppg 6.1 ast and 3 reb 44/34/77 is a bad line for a first year starting PG?

Strong idiots ITT
    He sucks dude. The guy plays scared for Christ's sake.

Well let's see. Lowry wanted to go because he didn't get along with McHale. Dragic wanted a player option and we don't do that. We ended up with Harden out of all that. Good move Morey. We got Lin for the money he'd generate. Rockets got connections heavy in China.

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    It's amazing how much fear Westbrook strikes in average PG's in the playoffs. ***** is responsible for the death of Ramon Sessions career and is now scaring the crap out of Lin.
    Mario MOther****ing Chalmers.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Well let's see. Lowry wanted to go because he didn't get along with McHale. Dragic wanted a player option and we don't do that. We ended up with Harden out of all that. Good move Morey. We got Lin for the money he'd generate. Rockets got connections heavy in China.

Its a good move if you want to sell tickets. A bad one if want to make your team as good as it can be. From the perspective of a fan, it was a bad move. Lin sucks.

lol Houston's owner just wanted to be able to put more Chinese ads all around his stadium and get that China monayyyyyyyyyyy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Do Lowry or Dragic bring millions of fans from Asia?
    no and neither can lin retard

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Its a good move if you want to sell tickets. A bad one if want to make your team as good as it can be. From the perspective of a fan, it was a bad move. Lin sucks.
    Bro I think you totally glazed over the two reasons I gave you before Lin was even signed.
    Lowry wanted out
    Dragic wanted a player option and we don't do those.

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

If we didn't trade Lowry we wouldn't have gotten the Toronto pick which was a key piece in trading for Harden.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Bro I think you totally glazed over the two reasons I gave you before Lin was even signed.
    Lowry wanted out
    Dragic wanted a player option and we don't do those.
    You should have.

Dunking on everybody in the park

damn Lin getting more hate....

Lin will improve, come on support an asian brother!!

I do wish he would play more nasty against westbrook....too timid and now he's guarding Thabo....

The ? to All Answers TheAesirsFinest's Avatar

I don't have any numbers for you, but I've seen a lot of Chinese/Taiwanese ads at the Toyota Center and suspect a significant part of the Rockets' support this year despite being blacked out on non-Comcast networks has to do with Lin. Unfortunately, I can't really give you a comparison of the crowd demographics to previous years. I've only recently been able to go to Rockets games due to my aunt's Taiwanese company purchasing season tickets this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
    I don't have any numbers for you, but I've seen a lot of Chinese/Taiwanese ads at the Toyota Center and suspect a significant part of the Rockets' support this year despite being blacked out on non-Comcast networks has to do with Lin. Unfortunately, I can't really give you a comparison of the crowd demographics to previous years. I've only recently been able to go to Rockets games due to my aunt's Taiwanese company purchasing season tickets this year.
    I'm with you on that.

if China/Taiwan can even get 1 million fan to watch one Rockets game (because of Lin) for the single league of US$5 per game, that's $5 million right there for that one game. There are 82 games in one regular season. In addition to the jersey sales (authentic/swingman/replica), that $8 mil/year pays for itself in the long run.