Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: 5-Year Old Tragically Kills Baby Sister with Rifle 'Made for Youths'

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Exactly. I remember when my dad first showed me how to shoot a fcking BB gun. He acted like it was the most serious shit ever. This is not a toy, never point a gun at anything you don't intend to destroy, keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire, etc. I grew up with a respect for guns, not a fear.

Kids need to be taught respect and responsibility, not fear.

Well I guess we should supervise 5 yr olds and let them drink and also drive too so they learn to respect that too...

The posts above mine (not Balla Status) are examples of an irrational fear of guns.
    its actually common sense.. but I see you and hawker dont have much of that..

kids can wait a few years before you have them shooting guns... they wont have any less "respect" for it..

and it has nothing to do with infringing on people's right to own guns. Some Americans are just dumb asses and paranoid over their guns..

Default Re: 5-Year Old Tragically Kills Baby Sister with Rifle 'Made for Youths'

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    So you're going to compare total stats with countries that have different population amounts?

Retarded sheep

*peace*
    death rate

death rate refers to the number of deaths over a given period divided by the person-years lived by the population over that period. It is expressed as number of deaths per 1,000 population.
    I'm not even going to insult you.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Well I guess we should supervise 5 yr olds and let them drink and also drive too so they learn to respect that too...

its actually common sense.. but I see you and hawker dont have much of that..

kids can wait a few years before you have them shooting guns... they wont have any less "respect" for it..

and it has nothing to do with infringing on people's right to own guns. Some Americans are just dumb asses and paranoid over their guns..
    Dude, kids can drown in swimming pools too. They can suffocate in plastic bags. They can get hit by cars, fall out of apartment windows, drink bleach. There are a million ways kids can (and do) die with household objects. We don't ban these things because parents are expected to teach their kids the dangers of these items.

This is why your fear of guns is irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    If it can help prevent more accidents like this, why would you say no? Do we value rights over life?
    You can only wish that each and everyone of this gun loving idiots that are ok with thousands of people dying because they have their "rights", would lost everyone they love by the misuse of a gun.

Dude, kids can drown in swimming pools too. They can suffocate in plastic bags. They can get hit by cars, fall out of apartment windows, drink bleach. There are a million ways kids can (and do) die with household objects. We don't ban these things because parents are expected to teach their kids the dangers of these items.

lol this dumbass calling someone else irrational after comparing swimming pools and plastic bags to guns.

the only difference is that guns are specifically designed to kill things. they only have one purpose... you don't swim in a gun... you cant clean your clothes with guns.. they dont have any other practical purpose but killing..

So lets give a 5 yr old a gun so he can blow his sister's head off instead of waiting until the kid is older...

part of 'respecting' guns is understanding that they do not belong in the hands of children..

that makes what Im saying very rational...

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

the only difference is that guns are specifically designed to kill things. they only have one purpose... you don't swim in a gun... you cant clean your clothes with guns.. they dont have any other practical purpose but killing..

So lets give a 5 yr old a gun so he can blow his sister's head off instead of waiting until the kid is older...

part of 'respecting' guns is understanding that they do not belong in the hands of children..

Didn't know killing people was an olympic sport...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Is your argument really that since kids can die from literally anything that guns shouldn't be targeted for potential recklessness ? Such a dumb argument..

You're deflecting the problem.

Decent college freshman

Just plain false. There's no point in debating you if you're just going to lie or make shit up. You can target shoot with guns. 99% of the bullets fired every year are fired at paper targets. Target shooting is an Olympic sport. People use guns for recreation MUCH more often than they use them for killing (including hunting).

The fact that some stupid parents let their kid have unrestricted access to a gun does not mean we need more fcking laws that punish the millions of the responsible parents.

It's pathetic and embarrassing how you want the government to control every aspect of your life, and the fact that you're proud of it is even sadder.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Is your argument really that since kids can die from literally anything that guns shouldn't be targeted for potential recklessness ? Such a dumb argument..

You're deflecting the problem.
    No, I already said the parents are stupid and should be charged with manslaughter.

My response was to the people saying kids shouldn't be allowed to use guns even when supervised by their parents. My point was that is just like saying kids shouldn't be allowed to swim even with supervision. I wouldn't let a 5 year old kid use a swimming pool by himself, but there's no problem teaching a kid to swim with adults around. Same thing with guns, yet people have this irrational fear of them. They try to use an isolated incident like this and then demand more fcking laws when there are millions of parents who teach their children responsibility every day.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

[COLOR=#000000]
    [COLOR=#000000]It's pathetic and embarrassing how you want the government to control every aspect of your life, and the fact that you're proud of it is even sadder.
    [/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]How is limiting access to say...land mines, hand grenades, or weaponized chemical agents more controlling than not letting a guy have a weapon that could kill 50 people in moments?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]Or do you think limiting all weapons is too much control?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]Where do you draw the line?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]I could kill more people with a gun than I could with one standard hand grenade. You ok with me getting a few no questions asked? You take my word that im not crazy just because you have no proof I am?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]What makes keeping me from getting a single use hand grenade reasonable but not a gun I could kill 30 people with in moments?[/COLOR]

Just plain false. There's no point in debating you if you're just going to lie or make shit up. You can target shoot with guns. 99% of the bullets fired every year are fired at paper targets. Target shooting is an Olympic sport. People use guns for recreation MUCH more often than they use them for killing (including hunting).
    you just said guns arent toys... How are they used for recreation then? your story isnt adding up...

either they are dangerous and need to be respected or they are for recreation and not harmful... which one is it?

The fact that some stupid parents let their kid have unrestricted access to a gun does not mean we need more fcking laws that punish the millions of the responsible parents.

newsflash>>>>> You are not a responsible parent if you give your 5 yr old a gun...

Like I said, if that is the case? then "responsible parents" should be able to let their kids drink and drive also.. makes about as much sense as giving a toddler a friggin rifle

It's pathetic and embarrassing how you want the government to control every aspect of your life, and the fact that you're proud of it is even sadder.

Oh cut it out... that whole "nanny state" argument is a copout.. You said yourself earlier that a gun is not a toy right?

well if it is not a toy? why give it to a 5 yr old?

you said yourself that kids suffocate themselves, and drown in swimming pools.... all types fo sh*t right???

So if a child is dumb enough to put a plastic bag over his own head and suffocate himself? how is it a good idea to trust him with a gun? It doesnt make any sense

a kid with a gun could shoot someone else's kid ..... didnt a kid recently shoot a grown ass woman?

you need a much better argument pal...
    Last edited by Rasheed1; 05-02-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    [COLOR=#000000][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]How is limiting access to say...land mines, hand grenades, or weaponized chemical agents more controlling than not letting a guy have a weapon that could kill 50 people in moments?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]Or do you think limiting all weapons is too much control?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]Where do you draw the line?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]I could kill more people with a gun than I could with one standard hand grenade. You ok with me getting a few no questions asked? You take my word that im not crazy just because you have no proof I am?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]What makes keeping me from getting a single use hand grenade reasonable but not a gun I could kill 30 people with in moments?[/COLOR]
    I guess I draw the line at what can be reasonably used for self defense. You can not use a grenade, rocket launcher, chemical weapons or a nuke for self defense without risking serious collateral damage and killing innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status

Didn't know killing people was an olympic sport...

I dont see any 5 yr olds or children in those pics hawker...

no one is talking about banning guns outright... we are saying that regulations on gun use is very reasonable, but some americans (you and bmulls) seem to object to any common sense ideas on how to curb some of the senseless things that get people killed due to guns..

Decent college freshman

you just said guns arent toys... How are they used for recreation then? your story isnt adding up...

either they are dangerous and need to be respected or they are for recreation and not harmful... which one is it?

newsflash>>>>> You are not a responsible parent if you give your 5 yr old a gun...

Like I said, if that is the case? then "responsible parents" should be able to let their kids drink and drive also.. makes about as much sense as giving a toddler a friggin rifle

Oh cut it out... that whole "nanny state" argument is a copout.. You said yourself earlier that a gun is not a toy right?

well if it is not a toy? why give it to a 5 yr old?

you said yourself that kids suffocate themselves, and drown in swimming pools.... all types fo sh*t right???

So if a child is dumb enough to put a plastic bag over his own head and suffocate himself? how is it a good idea to trust him with a gun? It doesnt make any sense

a kid with a gun could shoot someone else's kid ..... didnt a kid recently shoot a grown ass woman?

you need a much better argument pal...
    A gun is not a toy, this has nothing to do with the fact that they can be used for target shooting. You're a fcking clown and your bullshit doesn't even deserve a response. I'm done with you, I'll respond to the non retarded posters instead.