Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: 5-Year Old Tragically Kills Baby Sister with Rifle 'Made for Youths'

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    u can't be this dumb? can u?

Well you didn't even knew what death rate was, so yeah u are dumb

According to this Einstein, this is apples to oranges because geography is different, you know mountains and rivers are different, not comparable.

wow you really want to take the crown for most retarded on this thread from bmulls.

I wonder why you rednecks keep saying US is the best country in the world, it's apple to oranges comparison, no other country have the same size

It's simple as this, and it's pretty obvious on this thread, intelligent people want gun restrictions, really dumb people don't.
    Intelligent? Do you even have a college degree?

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: 5-Year Old Tragically Kills Baby Sister with Rifle 'Made for Youths'

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Holy s[COLOR="Black"]h[/COLOR]it dude. You really need to relax. Scared? I lived in Texas my whole life and I was never scared at all.

Plenty of children have been taught how to safely use a gun under parental supervision. Why do you idiots think passing laws will guarantee anything?

It's ok for a five year old to shoot a gun under parental supervision but he shouldn't have been "playing around" with a gun.
    You are mentally challenged and not worthy a reply but I'll do it anyway.

You logic fails completely and scared isn't really the right world, uncomfortable is a much better fitting word.

So me feeling uncomfortable is crazy and I'm an idiot but rednecks like fail to see the bigger picture. I'm not the one who's so paranoid that I feel the need to protect myself with a gun, people like you are..

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I could use an awful lot of illegal weapons for self defense. Just depends on the situation.

For example...

Im guessing if I install a gang of land mines around my house with signs saying they are there....the government arrests me(carefully no doubt)...you are on my side?

Is a land mine on my own property not defending said property?

I have signs.

Anyone hurt is likely at fault. Either they didnt read or they were violating my posted signs.

Is a land mine ok for self defense?

Military style heavy duty machine guns?

You cool with me owning anything that doesnt blow up?
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katko_v._Briney

This is a famous court case that is taught in most entry level tort law courses. It will explain why "booby traps" like landmines are unlawful. The gist is that we as a society value life over mere property. If you are home, you are justified in shooting an intruder. You are not justified in booby trapping your house.

As far as machine guns, I'm not sure if you were aware or not, but there are already a quarter million legally owned machine guns in the United States. That's 240,000 fully automatic machine guns owned by civilians. Now don't shit your government loving pants just yet. As of 1995, there were a grand total of TWO murders committed with machine guns since 1934. Two murders in nearly 80 years.

edit for source:

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcfullau.html
    Last edited by bmulls; 05-02-2013 at 03:25 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Intelligent? Do you even have a college degree?
    Intelligence has nothing to do with a college degree, you're the best example of that. You are mentally challenged and a redneck and I guess that you have a college degree so you're basically the perfect example.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

It has nothing to do with rights to begin with.

People respect rights as far as thye want to. I bet much of the country wouldnt want to respect a terrorists right to remain silent. I wouldnt. If dude in Boston knew where a huge terror cell was hiding...and we knew he knew..like...we had his cell phone video footage of being there with them planning future attacks..id want it beaten out of him. **** his rights.

If one of those insane church types forever talking about dead soldiers being the wrath of god pickets a funeral of my family....id feel in the right if I go beat his ass. Forget what he has a right to say.

And to an extent thats how it works. You cant incite a riot...cant yell bomb at the airport....cant threaten to murder the president at the gate of the whitehouse.

There is a LOT you arent free to say.

But thats cool....because its about safety.

Given time the second will go the way of the first...protected as much as makes sense given the times.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Intelligence has nothing to do with a college degree, you're the best example of that. You are mentally challenged and a redneck and I guess that you have a college degree so you're basically the perfect example.
    I'm unintelligent because I disagree with you, is that how it works?

You're creepy as fck stealing peoples pictures dude, get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC system
    These morons forget when comparing America to these other counties that they don't have nearly as many minorities as America. They also don't have shithole mexico next to them to bring in more poverty, violence and drugs because the moron obama won't do shit about the border and illegal immigration.
    Right south of my country one if not the most brutal war/conflict since WWII took place. Many people immigrated including war criminals. Still nobody felt the need to change laws to liberal gun use, because they felt threatened.

I cannot believe that some people try to defend gun use by children. It's high risk and no reward.

The guns are inanimate objects that don't kill people argument is the weirdest though. How come(especially accidents where children kill others) nobody gets killed by stuffed animals?

The purpose of the gun is to put a projectile with high speed into an object, there's no other purpose, so you can't compare it to car accidents either, because their purpose is not to run over people. Scientists are working on guided traffic system that would prevent accidents.

If scientists would try to invent a system for guns so they can't kill people anymore it would render them useless. Shooting for recreational purposes is a sideeffect of the military industry and not the other way round.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katko_v._Briney

This is a famous court case that is taught in most entry level tort law courses. It will explain why "booby traps" like landmines are unlawful. The gist is that we as a society value life over mere property. If you are home, you are justified in shooting an intruder. You are not justified in booby trapping your house.

As far as machine guns, I'm not sure if you were aware or not, but there are already a quarter million legally owned machine guns in the United States. That's 240,000 fully automatic machine guns owned by civilians. Now don't shit your government loving pants just yet. As of 1995, there were a grand total of TWO murders committed with machine guns since 1934. Two murders in nearly 80 years.

edit for source:

http://www.guncite.com/gun_control_gcfullau.html

I asked you. Not a court case from long ago. I know its illegal. Thats the point. Im asking you if its self defense to booty trap your own home against intruders. I...dont even think its wrong to say it is. I just want to know what you think.

And ill ask again...you know know me...you cool with me having anything that wont blow up...because you dont know that im insane?

I can go get guns 3 miles from my house no questions asked. So can my felon friend who did just that.

Cool?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Then they fail to talk about how the areas with the most gun control (chicago) are what is making the rate so high
    Illinois is the only state in the US where nobody can legally carry a concealed weapon. So you mean that the gun control is actually why so many gets killed there? If everyone would be allowed to carry guns, would that make the situation better?

Then they fail to talk about how the areas with the most gun control (chicago) are what is making the rate so high

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Illinois is the only state in the US where nobody can legally carry a concealed weapon. So you mean that the gun control is actually why so many gets killed there? If everyone would be allowed to carry guns, would that make the situation better?
    The deaths would be the same with or without the law, making the law a waste of legislation and only harming people who actually obey the law and wouldn't shoot someone in the first place.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    It has nothing to do with rights to begin with.

People respect rights as far as thye want to. I bet much of the country wouldnt want to respect a terrorists right to remain silent. I wouldnt. If dude in Boston knew where a huge terror cell was hiding...and we knew he knew..like...we had his cell phone video footage of being there with them planning future attacks..id want it beaten out of him. **** his rights.

If one of those insane church types forever talking about dead soldiers being the wrath of god pickets a funeral of my family....id feel in the right if I go beat his ass. Forget what he has a right to say.

And to an extent thats how it works. You cant incite a riot...cant yell bomb at the airport....cant threaten to murder the president at the gate of the whitehouse.

There is a LOT you arent free to say.

But thats cool....because its about safety.

Given time the second will go the way of the first...protected as much as makes sense given the times.
    As long as a terrorist is a citizen of the United States he is guaranteed the rights afforded to him by the constitution. The Westboro Baptist Church has the right to whatever opinions they like, no matter how batshit crazy they are.

I respect these rights because, like our founding fathers, I don't trust mob rule.

Also, thanks for confirming what everybody already thinks, that liberals base their opinions on emotion rather than logic and facts.

NBA rookie of the year

I'm unintelligent because I disagree with you, is that how it works?

You're creepy as fck stealing peoples pictures dude, get a life.
    No, you're stupid because you don't have any arguments, your comeback to my long post about gun crimes in the US vs the UK was something like "you're fat"..

Yes.

Benjamin Franklin:
    Ironically one of the two most used arguments for guns is that you acquire a feeling of security it. The consequence of the wrong use of a gun though is taking away the freedom to live, which is the biggest freedom of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    The consequence of the wrong use of a gun though is taking away the freedom to live, which is the biggest freedom of all.
    We should take away the freedom to live then. This will solve the entire problem entirely! *liberal logic*