Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA Legend

Default Re: Democrats, do you believe Mexicans should be treated like humans?

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs

furthermore you again refer to a thesis, that reducing the minimum wage will stimulate economic growth and raise employment, for which you have provided no evidence.
    Are you serious?

It's a known dynamic that lower wages create more jobs.

Why the **** do you think so many factory jobs have gone overseas?

I'll wait. I want an answer to that. Because thats basically the thread holding your whole garbage post together and you completely whiffed on it. Agenda confirmed.

If wages dont affect employment availability, why did so many American jobs go overseas?

Its like one of the most basic economic principles and you apparently dont understand it.

rank sentamentalist

again you're just huffing and puffing questions you haven't thought through

there are plenty of reasons jobs have shifted from the industrial world to the developing world. as you well know, poor regulatory regimes are a huge part of it. but we aren't merely talking about the regulation of labour. business is moving its supply chain and increasingly its distribution abroad to avoid all sorts of red tape; environmental, health, safety, consumer protection, etc etc.

there is also international competition between state governments around the world, each attempting to lure foreign investment by big firms. there are many gifts bestowed upon businesses that agree to set up shop outside of america; subsidies, tax rebates, guaranteed loans, and all the rest. trust me, i live in a small canadian province lacking in capital and i see it first hand.

more than that, there are glaring tax loopholes that allow american companies to avoid the tax system by keeping capital outside the us. this isn't conspiracy, it's practically gospel at this point. there are enormous fiscal incentives to moving your capital outside of the united states.

more importantly than all of that, however, is that you still haven't offered any elaboration of your thesis. sorry but it isn't a basic principle of economics. it's conventional wisdom in popular economics discourse.

the effect a change to the minimum wage will have on the labour market will depend on the rest of the economy. this is why increases in the wage over the years have lead to different effects... which is why the issue is so contentious.

to reduce the conversation to "lower wages, get jobs" is obviously not a serious contribution to an important issue.
    Last edited by RidonKs; 11-24-2014 at 03:40 AM.

NBA Superstar

all i know is America without mexicans would be shit.

first off they take jobs nobody else wants. so many people snub their nose at min wage jobs but not mexicans. landscaping companies would all go out of business.

then theres the food trucks. pork tortas are delicious they're like the only ones running non chain mexican food joints and the more the merrier

and mexican girls are hot... imo. i also find most mexicans very friendly people in general

Came back to answer you're question and realized that I did over a year ago...to which you did not respond.

rank sentamentalist

it's weird he decided to double down on this particular thread, which is damn weak even by his standards. usually i can at least sympathize with the point of his rant by the end of it... but declaring democrats commit mexicans to slavery is just insane.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Summary: Democrats think the minimum wage should be increased while Republicans think there should be more jobs, even if that means that people are living off pennies.

Both parties

American politics

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    typically it is Democrats who attempt to block comprehensive immigration reform. They want open borders, and as many immigrants to come here undocumented and do as they wish as possible.
    stopped reading here.