Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default John Andrew Welden Accused Of Killing Girlfriend's Fetus By Trickery

Decent playground baller Immortal Bum's Avatar

Default Re: John Andrew Welden Accused Of Killing Girlfriend's Fetus By Trickery

sounds like feminist bullshit. women really disgust me most times.

Earned not given

Default Re: John Andrew Welden Accused Of Killing Girlfriend's Fetus By Trickery

The baby is inside of the mother for 9 months. That's why she gets to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    It doesn't have to be if she gets rid of it.

Because the fetus is in the woman's body. Nobody can force you to get unwanted surgery, right? Switch it around and imagine if men gave birth instead of woman. If you were against abortions, would it be fair for the female to force you to get one?

The obvious retort is the correct one.. don't get anyone pregnant in the first place if you aren't ready for a kid! Especially if you're a man.

The idea that fathers should be forced to pay child support is ridiculous to begin with. It's the womans responsibility to mate with a man who will support her. When did it become the responsibility of judges and politicians to enforce that? If a woman sleeps with a bum guy who walks out on his kid, that's her problem. Without the laws I'm sure she'd be a little slower to sleep with random slobs off the street.

Decent college freshman

Yeah, and then the father is stuck paying child support for a kid he never wanted for 18 years.

As a man you should be able to go on record with the county or state or whatever before the baby is born and say that you wanted an abortion and the mother refused. Then you are legally off the hook for child support.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Yeah, and then the father is stuck paying child support for a kid he never wanted for 18 years.

As a man you should be able to go on record with the county or state or whatever before the baby is born and say that you wanted an abortion and the mother refused. Then you are legally off the hook for child support.

That would have saved me a pretty penny

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls

If you're willing to have sex then you have to be willing to suffer the consequences of the potential outcomes.

"As a man..."

Being a MAN means taking responsibility for your actions.

NBA rookie of the year

I completely support a woman's right to choose. If she wants to abort, then abort, if she wants to have the baby, then have the baby. Her body, her choice. You have misunderstood my point. I support legal male abortion, which is the right of men to opt out of the legal and financial responsibilities of fatherhood. A woman's right to choose can co-exist with a man's right to choose.

A woman can prevent motherhood via abortion or adoption. Men are forced to pay child support.

Abortion is often motivated by social reasons rather than medical reasons. I have know women who have aborted because they just got promoted and didn't want to go on maternity leave at a critical point in their careers, because they were in a new relationship, because they didnt want the father to have a long term role in their lives, because the pregnancy was the result of them cheating on their husband, etc. I know a woman who chose to have an abortion when she became pregnant while her husband was deployed in afghanistan. I am not judging her (we are all humans) just pointing out that abortion is often motivated by social reasons.

Women are given the choice of when to become parents. This is awesome. This choice should be extended to men.

To get personal I have a friend who got his girlfriend pregnant and didn't want to have a baby. They broke up and she made the choice to have the baby. My friend was not ready to be a father. The child support payments lower his quality of life, and fatherhood has limited his employment prospects and relationships with other women. Why is it ok for a major decision like whether to become a parent or not made for a man, but not ok force women to become mothers?

Earned not given

[QUOTE=MavsSuperFan]I completely support a woman's right to choose. If she wants to abort, then abort, if she wants to have the baby, then have the baby. Her body, her choice. You have misunderstood my point. I support legal male abortion, which is the right of men to opt out of the legal and financial responsibilities of fatherhood. A woman's right to choose can co-exist with a man's right to choose.

A woman can prevent motherhood via abortion or adoption. Men are forced to pay child support.

Abortion is often motivated by social reasons rather than medical reasons. I have know women who have aborted because they just got promoted and didn't want to go on maternity leave at a critical point in their careers, because they were in a new relationship, because they didnt want the father to have a long term role in their lives, because the pregnancy was the result of them cheating on their husband, etc. I know a woman who chose to have an abortion when she became pregnant while her husband was deployed in afghanistan. I am not judging her (we are all humans) just pointing out that abortion is often motivated by social reasons.

Women are given the choice of when to become parents. This is awesome. This choice should be extended to men.

To get personal I have a friend who got his girlfriend pregnant and didn't want to have a baby. They broke up and she made the choice to have the baby. My friend was not ready to be a father. The child support payments lower his quality of life, and fatherhood has limited his employment prospects and relationships with other women. Why is it ok for a major decision like whether to become a parent or not made for a man, but not ok force women to become mothers?

NBA rookie of the year

If you're willing to have sex then you have to be willing to suffer the consequences of the potential outcomes.

"As a man..."

Being a MAN means taking responsibility for your actions.
    Laws need to be fair to all adults. Current laws allow females to choose when the become a mother via abortion and adoption. Men have this choice made for them and are saddled with child support payments.

We need legalized male abortion, which is the right of men to choose to opt out of the financial responsibilities and burdens of fatherhood. A woman's right to choose should exist alongside a man's right to choose. It is only fair.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Laws need to be fair to all adults. Current laws allow females to choose when the become a mother via abortion and adoption. Men have this choice made for them and are saddled with child support payments.

We need legalized male abortion, which is the right of men to choose to opt out of the financial responsibilities and burdens of fatherhood. A woman's right to choose should exist alongside a man's right to choose. It is only fair.
    Nope, doesn't matter if you think it's fair or not. Laws also are not fair. This is a WOMENS RIGHTS issue. Men don't carry the child nor do they raise it for the majority of it's life. There are so many men that run away and aren't held accountable that it's sad.

With your logic, a man could go around and impregnate 10 women and because he can't support children due to him being a deadbeat and an idiot, then he gets let off the hook. Your opinion is clearly biased.

NBA rookie of the year

Was he held against his will when he stuck his d*ck inside of her with no condom? No? Then he needs to nut up and be a man. There is no gray area in this matter. Just because your friend was an idiot doesn't mean that he should get to decide what a woman should do with her body.
    If she wants to have the baby that is her right. Her body, her choice. He should have the right to opt out of the legal and financial responsibilities/burdens of fatherhood. Sex is natural and human. I would never tell a woman she should have kept her legs shut, and hate that it is ok to tell a man he should have kept it in his pants. Both of these people are consenting adults. The difference is she had the choice after the fact of whether she would incur the burdens of parenthood and he as a man was denied this right.

A woman's right to choose to be a mother can and should co-exist with a man's right to choose to be a father. Women can choose to abort the fetus or give the baby up for adoption. Men are forced to pay child support, this is intrinsically unfair.

And yes, abortion is at least partially about preventing motherhood. Many women choose abortion primarily because they are unprepared to be mothers, rather than medical reasons.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    If she wants to have the baby that is her right. Her body, her choice. He should have the right to opt out of the legal and financial responsibilities/burdens of fatherhood. Sex is natural and human. I would never tell a woman she should have kept her legs shut, and hate that it is ok to tell a man he should have kept it in his pants. Both of these people are consenting adults. The difference is she had the choice after the fact of whether she would incur the burdens of parenthood and he as a man was denied this right.

A woman's right to choose to be a mother can and should co-exist with a man's right to choose to be a father. Women can choose to abort the fetus or give the baby up for adoption. Men are forced to pay child support, this is intrinsically unfair.

And yes, abortion is at least partially about preventing motherhood. Many women choose abortion primarily because they are unprepared to be mothers, rather than medical reasons.
    Condoms and birth control were invented so that people could have sex with very minimal risk. Did your friend use protection? Because, you know, that's a choice too.