Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Paul George is already the 3rd best SF...

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Why wouldn't I? Dude is in just his 3rd season, hitting huge shots in the ECF, playing great D on the best player in the league, and making plays for his teammates.

You guys will see when he's putting up 25+/5+/5+ in a few years while playing lockdown D.
    niqqa melo was already averaging 26/5/3 in his third year and at a younger age. he will be an all star for years to come but superstar? no

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Only question left is, does George have the ability to score at Melo's level?
    Not yet, but soon. He already finishes at the rim much better, now he just needs the jumper to be consistent. He already has a pretty nice arsenal of moves, but the jump shot isn't there yet. It will be soon though.

Reminds me so much of young Kobe
    That D by LeBron..

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Damn I missed this dunk. Can somebody tell me what Chris Anderson was yelling about and to?
    Help, to any teammate.

Why wouldn't I? Dude is in just his 3rd season, hitting huge shots in the ECF, playing great D on the best player in the league, and making plays for his teammates.

You guys will see when he's putting up 25+/5+/5+ in a few years while playing lockdown D.
    PG hasn't shown me takeover ability as in the ability to dominate a game. He's played great in spurts.

He is not a great scorer (yet at least). Fact is, the guy is a 41% shooter and only scores 17 ppg.

I see a very good two-way player, easily a multiple all-star. I don't see someone near the level of a Lebron or Durant. I don't see a transcendent talent, I don't see a dominant player. I don't see a #1 option either (I think Hibbert is).

This George hype is already worse than when James Harden was the newest toy in the playpen...

BTW Melo in his 3rd year already posted a very similar statline to your prediction for PG's next several years...
    Last edited by ClutchOver9000; 05-25-2013 at 01:50 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
    PG hasn't shown me takeover ability as in the ability to dominate a game. He's played great in spurts.

He is not a great scorer (yet at least). Fact is, the guy is a 41% shooter and only scores 17 ppg.

I see a very good two-way player, easily a multiple all-star. I don't see someone near the level of a Lebron or Durant. I don't see a transcendent talent, I don't see a dominant player. I don't see a #1 option either (I think Hibbert is).

This George hype is already worse than when James Harden was the newest toy in the playpen...
    The fact that you think Hibbert is a #1 option makes me question your basketball knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    The fact that you think Hibbert is a #1 option makes me question your basketball knowledge.
    I think Hibbert is the go-to-guy on this Pacers squad. Been playing like the best C in the league this postseason...

W/o Hibbert, Knicks beat Indy, that's how good he's been. He's been dominant against Miami as well (especially this last game).

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I think Hibbert is the go-to-guy on this Pacers squad. Been playing like the best C in the league this postseason...

W/o Hibbert, Knicks beat Indy, that's how good he's been. He's been dominant against Miami as well (especially this last game).
    Hibbert is given the ball for 1-2 seconds at a time and has been great at finishing with dunks and hooks.. But George controls the offense way more than he does.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    Melo's immaturity and lack of intangibles will always hold him back from being a superstar. He doesn't have the discipline to be a leader.
    Stop with this bs. Melo is a superstar, and has been for a while.

The league's leading scorer and top-5 paid players isn't a superstar?

If you want to knock his leadership skills and all-around play, have at it. But don't try to diminish his significance in ways that don't make sense.

already went just as far as melo did in his career

im sorry but he has been great thus far on offense against the heat. i didnt see too much of this against the knicks. shumpert lockin his ass up, while lebron isnt. lebron is supposed to be wearing him out when george is on defense. looks like melo wore him out more

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

You shit on PG for his 17ppg on 41% and then say the #1 option should be the big man who averaged 12ppg on 45% shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    You shit on PG for his 17ppg on 41% and then say the #1 option should be the big man who averaged 12ppg on 45% shooting.

I was referring to PG's scoring #s in terms of whether or not I currently see a superstar. I don't.

I do think Hibbert should be the focus offensively, when he's on his game, I believe he is more impactful to his team.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
    already went just as far as melo did in his career
    already went further than CP3 ever did in his career

No, he's not. He's on his way to being that, but I'd still take Carmelo over George.

Call Carmelo an inefficient chucker all you want, but the gap between he and George as scorers is enormous right now. George doesn't have the ability to take over a game and dominate like Carmelo can right now.

With that said, if I was drafting a team and had to pick a SF first, and both LeBron and Durant were gone, I'd take George. When/if George gets his scoring up to around 20 PPG on better efficiency, then we can talk. Of course if Melo starts to decline (which is very possible since he's nearing 30) then it won't matter, because George will still over take him for 3rd best SF in the game.