Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Default Re: Paul George is already the 3rd best SF...

I saw glimpses of young Kobe in those books

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    People here really unconditionally hate melo
    If Melo played any kind of defense, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Very good NBA starter

Classic prisoner of the moment thread.

Local High School Star CHi1PriDe's Avatar

If I were to trade deng for a sd, give Paul George anyday over melo. Can play team ball or create his own shot while playing defense.

Banned

I think most NBA GMs would take Paul George over Melo right now. The guy is only going to get better as a scorer, and Melo sucks at defense and getting assists so you're not winning anything with him. He doesn't have to become as good of a scorer as Melo to be a better player than him. There's a lot more to the game than scoring. George is stepping up big under the bright lights right now and his team is putting a scare into a team with three starting all stars on it. One of the most stacked teams of all time.

Decent playground baller

Paul George needs to have the mindset of being able score whenever he wants and in which ever way he wants. I still don't see that in him. This is why the comparison to him of Melo or a young T-Mac still doesn't hold true yet.

The drive on Lebron and finish over Birdman, that was something special in the making, but he needs to do that on a consistent basis. George also needs to have a go to pull up jumper move. Sooner or later, team can defend your stand still 3 point shot or trap you on your drive, what makes Kobe and Melo (when he is on) so good is the pull up jumpers. When George has that, his offensive game will be in the same conversation of Durant and Melo.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Damn I missed this dunk. Can somebody tell me what Chris Anderson was yelling about and to?
    He was yelling at the ref because if you look at the play, David West gives him a nudge in the back right before he gets humiliated that knocks him off balance right before he jumps to contest. I still think he probably gets yammed on anyway, but that shit made it worse for sure. If you look at him right before he gets banged on, he's leaning forward and jumping up and outward because of the slight push, that's why it looked so awkward on his end.

Anyway, whether or not he's the third best SF or not in the league right now, if I was starting a team, the only SFs I'd take over him are Lebron and Durant.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

fhcking cut it out... Melo is the better player RIGHT NOW.

Maybe after next season I'll give it to George.

That was some lousy defense from LeBron. Nobody should beat you that badly with their off-hand dribble. Nobody.

And no, he isn't better than Melo.

Learning to shoot layups

Nah lebron still dropped 38.. 10 of 13 on George.. If George can be a premier player for 10 years than talk about melo.. This is his first big year and he didn't put up superstar numbers..

Melo won a title at Syracuse then at 19 took a bottom dweller nuggets and made them respectable every year he was there while dropping 21 ppg as a rookie
    Last edited by JoHnNyBoXeR; 05-25-2013 at 03:43 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
    already went further than CP3 ever did in his career
    That's the first I've heard. Made me pretty happy :)

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    That was some lousy defense from LeBron. Nobody should beat you that badly with their off-hand dribble. Nobody.
    Why not? George is a good dribbler on both hands and he beat Lebron from using a hesitation cross dribble - hard to stop because you can not time and predict where the offensive player is going to go especially if they have a quick first step.

Learning to shoot layups

Melo improved his defense since Woodson took over.. People act like all he can do is score.. He led the Knicks in rebounds this postseason and is basically a beast on the boards because of his strength.. He's a pretty good defender as well.. He was head and shoulders the best player on any team he's been on.. Can u say the same forngeorge?

Wow the hate on melo is nuts.. The typical NYC inferiority complexes.. He will go down as one of the best offensive players in nba history and is a good defender

People are over reacting to one play.