Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
       

Default Re: French Open 2013

he's one of the greatest tennis players in history publically receiving an anniversary cake at one of the richest and most important tennis tournaments of the year. you work it out.

Federer in big trouble, not looking good for him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Federer out.

That Ferrer bet is looking pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Federer out.

That Ferrer bet is looking pretty good.
    Pretty much the best case scenario that I could have hoped for so far. Ferrer has been cruising and gets to play Tsonga in the semis. Both men are yet to drop a set, it should be a very good match.

I also placed a $2 bet on Tsonga to go all the way, it pays $150. So if he does beat Ferrer I could still win something.

Tsongas best is better than anyone else's. The thing is he so very rarely gets there which makes him much more vulnerable than his talent would make it appear

I feel like Fed has lost some desire. Tsonga certainly has the game to beat Fed, but I didn't see any fire from Fed last match. After he lost that first set, he went into cruise control.

I didn't watch the match but I seriously doubt that. The issue is I think he's running physically plus he just doesn't have the game he used to

Fed will have these type of days because hes old now. He was overmatched and he continue to find opponents who will have these days against him.

Tsonga is a shoo-in for the final. Theres no way DAHVID has the power shots to threaten Tsonga. Jo will have to have the worst day in his career to lose to DAHVID FERRER

I completely disagree. Tsonga is the favorite, but ferrer is the kind of guy who can give him trouble. Tsonga is more than capable of hitting enough ufes to lose

Facts Are Misleading

Federer is soon 32.

Him even making quarter finals and semis in grand slams is remarkable. It's a young mans game and he's well past his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Fed will have these type of days because hes old now. He was overmatched and he continue to find opponents who will have these days against him.

Tsonga is a shoo-in for the final. Theres no way DAHVID has the power shots to threaten Tsonga. Jo will have to have the worst day in his career to lose to DAHVID FERRER
    Ferrer has a 2-1 record against Tsonga and is a better clay court player.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

At this point, I hope Ferrer takes it all. It would be nice to see him win one. He's a very good player but one that just won't beat the top 4 when they are healthy. This is his best chance.

As expected Nadal crushed Wawrinka. Djokovic had a match point on Haas but Haas is refusing to lie down and just leveled the third set at 5-5.

edit: Djokovic clinches the 3rd 7-5 and wins the match.

Tsonga v. Ferrer and Nadal v. Djokovic on Friday.
    I'm hoping for a Ferrer v. Nadal final with Ferrer taking out Nadal in 4 sets. 6-4 4-6 7-6 6-3
    Last edited by enayes; 06-05-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    Tsongas best is better than anyone else's. The thing is he so very rarely gets there which makes him much more vulnerable than his talent would make it appear
    Tsonga at his best on clay would beat Nadal at his best on clay?

On clay probably not, but on hards or grass give me his best over anyone else's. He's a freakishly good athlete who's as fast/faster than anyone but maybe monfils when he's healthy. Plus he has monster ground strokes, huge first serve and surprisingly good touch. The problem is he's inconsistent but his best is a thing to behold. In short in the short times when he puts it all together he can move like the great defenders(nadal/djoker) and hit like the big guys