Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Is Bill Simmons Crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Stats, FG%, overall TS, playoff numbers, rings as the man, etc. indicate that it's not really debatable.
    Kobe has a higher career TS. His best playoff runs (01,08,09,10) are at least as good as Duncan's best. There is a little difference between them statistically. In fact, Kobe's 2006 and 2003 season are more impressive statistically than any single Duncan season.

Oh yeah, and Kobe has outplayed Duncan in almost all their head-to-head matchups. When he got a good supporting cast, he reeled off three straight Finals and back-to-back chips, something Duncan could never do.

Anyone who doesn't think its debatable is a moron.

The funny thing about what's happening to Kobe right now, it's a peek into Lebron's future.

6,7 years from now, the discussion about Lebron will be, if he is in fact top10 material.

I mean the writing is on the wall, idiots think right now Lebron should be cementing his claim to GOAT, and all he is doing is cementing the idiocy of such claim.

Dude is 28 and his jumper is still broken beyond repair, when his atheticism fades, it's going to be uglier than Wade right now.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    The funny thing about what's happening to Kobe right now, it's a peek into Lebron's future.

6,7 years from now, the discussion about Lebron will be, if he is in fact top10 material.

I mean the writing is on the wall, idiots think right now Lebron should be cementing his claim to GOAT, and all he is doing is cementing the idiocy of such claim.

Dude is 28 and his jumper is still broken beyond repair, when his atheticism fades, it's going to be uglier than Wade right now.
    And he'll still be better than Melo.

Also, to people saying Kobe outplayed Duncan, wtf does that matter? Not like they go up against each other they are totally different players.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by chopchop20
    Despite all the things yall say about Duncan's greatness, why hasn't his team ever been dominant?

Kobe has went to 3 straight Finals on two separate occasions -- a 3-peat and a Repeat. People seem to forget how RARE a 3peat is.

Duncan has never repeated. In fact since the Lakers repeated in the 80's, only the '04 Pistons, Mavs, Heat, and Spurs have not repeated. That's almost 30 years.
    Very true. It should all mentioned that several of Duncan's rings have come through extreme luck.

99-Lockout.
    03--Injuries to Kobe and Shaq. Dirk out. Webber out. Plays worst Finals team in history.
    07--Suspensions to Amare/Diaw. Another historically poor Finals opp.

The fact that Duncan could never manage to even make back-to-back Finals appearances is definitely a black mark...

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Despite all the things yall say about Duncan's greatness, why hasn't his team ever been dominant?

Kobe has went to 3 straight Finals on two separate occasions -- a 3-peat and a Repeat. People seem to forget how RARE a 3peat is.

Duncan has never repeated. In fact since the Lakers repeated in the 80's, only the '04 Pistons, Mavs, Heat, and Spurs have not repeated. That's almost 30 years.
    So those who have repeated: Pistons, Bulls, Rockets, Lakers. so 50% have 50% haven't. When did Duncan lose in the Finals?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Oh yeah, and Kobe has outplayed Duncan in almost all their head-to-head matchups. When he got a good supporting cast, he reeled off three straight Finals and back-to-back chips, something Duncan could never do.
    1) Duncan is matched up with Shaq, and as he's gotten older, the Lakers have gotten better with a prime Pau/Bynum.

2) "Supporting Cast"? Kobe was Shaq's supporting cast son.

Kobe shit on Duncans in the playoffs that why Duncan never was good pick and roll and perimeter defender like KG that can shut down Kobe but Duncan cant cuz he a fausboiu

Local High School Star

Kobe has a higher career TS. His best playoff runs (01,08,09,10) are at least as good as Duncan's best. There is a little difference between them statistically. In fact, Kobe's 2006 and 2003 season are more impressive statistically than any single Duncan season.

Anyone who doesn't think its debatable is a moron.
    I'm with you all the way. But, I don't even need that TS and all those other stats. I mean there's a 1000 different metrics you could argue.

I remember ALL of those Lakers-Spurs matchups in the playoffs when Kobe KILLED San Antonio. The Spurs were helpless against Kobe. They HAD to sign Bruce Bowen just to have a chance of slowing him down

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange

What? LeBron's jumper has been pretty decent since 2009.

Reaching it's best in 2011 and THIS SEASON. And it's definitely better than Wade's from distance.

Wade is probably still the better mid range scorer and shooter, though. Bron will age fine.

He's got a PF sized body, put him in the post where he's decent, and watch his skill of passing and court vision give him extended longevity.

He will transition from perimeter freak athlete. A 6'8 265 lbs PG, into a 6'8 265 lbs PF who is still quicker and more athletic than the players at his position.

He'll age fine.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    So those who have repeated: Pistons, Bulls, Rockets, Lakers. so 50% have 50% haven't. When did Duncan lose in the Finals?
    The point being that if Duncan is go great, why didn't his team ever repeat?

And obviously he is undefeated in the Finals thus far....

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    What? LeBron's jumper has been pretty decent since 2009.

Reaching it's best in 2011 and THIS SEASON. And it's definitely better than Wade's from distance.

Wade is probably still the better mid range scorer and shooter, though. Bron will age fine.

He's got a PF sized body, put him in the post where he's decent, and watch his skill of passing and court vision give him extended longevity.

He will transition from perimeter freak athlete. A 6'8 265 lbs PG, into a 6'8 265 lbs PF who is still quicker and more athletic than the players at his position.

He'll age fine.
    He's just gonna move closer to the post as he age. He's still have an athletic edge over post players.

Yep... he'll be fine

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0

2) "Supporting Cast"? Kobe was Shaq's supporting cast son.
    Shaq was on the 08-10 Lakers?

The point being that if Duncan is go great, why didn't his team ever repeat?

And obviously he is undefeated in the Finals thus far....
    I never understood the obsession with repeating. Hey it's great if it happens, but I litterally see no difference between a team that wins in 05 and 06, as opposed to 05 and 07. Only time I actually take it into consideration, is when attempting to figure out whether teams can be consider dynasties

Very good NBA starter

I'm with you all the way. But, I don't even need that TS and all those other stats. I mean there's a 1000 different metrics you could argue.

I remember ALL of those Lakers-Spurs matchups in the playoffs when Kobe KILLED San Antonio. The Spurs were helpless against Kobe. They HAD to sign Bruce Bowen just to have a chance of slowing him down
    Exactly. People need to go back and watch those series in 2001, 2002, 2004 AND 2008. All series where Kobe thoroughly outplayed Duncan. People praise Duncan's defense, and rightfully so, but in the end Kobe's offense was greater.

Remember: Individual offense>>>>individual defense.

Banned

Shaq was on the 08-10 Lakers?
    Well, you did include his 3peat into the conversation, did you not?