Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Will Kevin Durant, Melo, and Dwayne Wade make it in Hall of fame?

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    IMO, anybody that has an MVP or a FMVP is an automatic HOFer.
    Glad you agree Rose is already a HOFer.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Melo is the only question. Durant and Wade would get in if they retired tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I understand that.

But Melo and Durant haven't won those yet. I don't see it happening in the future either.
    IMO, there's a very strong chance that Durant wins at least 1 MVP.

Do you y'all see these guys making the Hall of Fame in the future?

Top 50 or 100?

The way I see it is that there are only a few guys left in the league that are clear cut Hall of Fame guys.

Lebron
    Duncan
    Kobe
    KG
    Ray Allen
    Nash
    Pierce
    Dirk
    and a few other old guys.

Out of the younger guys that are playing now there's really only Lebron that's a clear cut Hall of Fame guy.

Do you think Durant, Melo, and Wade(teaming up hurt his legacy) will make it?

Are there any other young guys that you think are Hall of Fame bound?
    How can Pau not be on this list, and Kidd, and Manu. Nash? Jamison, and Artest might make it.

For young under 30 guys i've got KD, Paul, Howard, Melo, Griffen, Love as guys who will likely make it.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    And when you start thinking that ISH can't get any lower, a thread like this one appears.
    Wasn't wrong with this thread?

Do you have these 3 guys in your top 50 all time greats?

I understand Wade but Melo and Durant haven't won anything and probably won't win anything. I like all 3 guys also.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    Glad you agree Rose is already a HOFer.
    The HOF isn't just a list of the best players. It's also the history of the game. The MVP is one of the most significant annual awards. Obviously that is part of the history of the game. You're not gonna just disregard a particular year of the games history.

Why do you say Durant and Melo? They haven't won mvps or rings? Only scoring titles
    unless durant gets hurt, he is going to win more scoring titles and most probably a couple of MVPs at least. Durant will easily be top 20 all time player even if he doesn't win a single finals unless he chokes multiple times like lebron did in 2011 and even then he probably will get in.
    Melo just needs to get knicks into conference finals once and he will be a sure shot to get into HOF.

Love Live Life

How is Pierce more of a clear cut hall of famer than Wade ? Wade has considerably been better than him for years. Ditto for Durant. Even Dwight Howard is more clear cut to me as a hall of famer and again is better than Pierce and even Allen.
    I was gonna put maybe by Pierce. I don't see Howard as a Hall of Famer. Allen has the all time 3 point record.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    How can Pau not be on this list, and Kidd, and Manu. Nash? Jamison, and Artest might make it.

For young under 30 guys i've got KD, Paul, Howard, Melo, Griffen, Love as guys who will likely make it.
    Half these guys will be Danny Manning type guys. He was a pretty big deal at one point, but after he's gone, that's it.

We always act like the current big names will all win championships, but there's only one a year. They're hard to come by.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    IMO, there's a very strong chance that Durant wins at least 1 MVP.
    Yeah when people get tired of giving it to Lebron or Lebron gets hurt for a season(God forbid. I don't wish bad on anybody)

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Durant is 24 years old and is only starting to hit his prime. He will most likely but it's undetermined yet.

Melo should in no way, shape or form be in the HOF. What's his career accomplishments? Multiple chokes in playoffs and ONE scoring title? Please, it would be an embarrassment to the sport.

I was gonna put maybe by Pierce. I don't see Howard as a Hall of Famer. Allen has the all time 3 point record.
    Allen, no doubt. But Howard is better than him in his prime.

Howard's accomplishments:

-5x rebounding champ
    -2x block champ
    -1x fg% champ
    -4x seasons of 20/10
    -7x All-Star
    -7x All-NBA teams (5x First team; 2x Third team)
    -5x All-Defensive teams (4x First team; 1x Second team)
    -3x Defensive Player of the Year (First player to win the award 3 consecutive year)
    -Been considered the best center in the game for multiple season; Top 3-5 player at his best.
    -Lead the Magic to the Finals in 2009.

He's only going to get better here on out, if he's 100% healthy. He's most certainly a first ballot hall of famer and better than Pierce and Allen in his prime. And I don't even like him that much, these days.

Melo plays in new york. If he keeps averaging more than 25 PPG for next 3-4 years and gets them out of 1st round every year, he will be in HOF. If he was still playing in denver, there would be some doubt.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Allen, no doubt. But Howard is better than him in his prime.

Howard's accomplishments:

-5x rebounding champ
    -2x block champ
    -1x fg% champ
    -4x seasons of 20/10
    -7x All-Star
    -7x All-NBA teams (5x First team; 2x Third team)
    -5x All-Defensive teams (4x First team; 1x Second team)
    -3x Defensive Player of the Year (First player to win the award 3 consecutive year)
    -Been considered the best center in the game for multiple season; Top 3-5 player at his best.
    -Lead the Magic to the Finals in 2009.

He's only going to get better here on out, if he's 100% healthy. He's most certainly a first ballot hall of famer and better than Pierce and Allen in his prime. And I don't even like him that much, these days.

You right bruh.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Durant yes.
    Wade most likely.
    Melo no.