Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Paul George vs. Pippen

I'm having a discussion with my brother right now about Paul George vs. Scottie Pippen. Honestly, (and I was born in 1986), in this ECF Paul George looks practically as good as Prime Pippen to me.

Now, I know George isn't the player Pippen is All Time, but I'm dead serious when I say that he pretty much looks as affective as Pippen did. I know he doesn't play at this level all season long, but in my eyes he's about Pippen's equal right now in this series.

And for what it's worth, I never thought Pippen was that great. He was very very good, but not great in my eyes.

What do you guys think?

Default Re: Paul George vs. Pippen

he has the potential to be the next pippen, very good all around game, athletic, long, good defense, can pass, can rebound, can score, not a very good shooter

Banned

He's a better offensive player than Pippen already, and his defense is actually creeping up there, but the margin in their defense is still drastic.

Ya'll musta forgot how beastly Pip was on D.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Pippen could run an offense. George can pass.

There's a difference.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Pippen could run an offense. George can pass.

There's a difference.
    Ummmm......it's not George's job to run the offense. That's what Hill is used for.

he has the potential to be Pippen. He isn't there yet. If he pulls off game 7 I will definitely re enter this convo

Being born and raised out of the Chi, as a lifelong Bulls fan..... I love Paul George's game and make the Pippen comparison a lot. Had PG on my fantasy squad two years straight too so i watch him and check the stats religiously.

But also being a Chicago guy, watching Pip all those years, George still has a ways to go.

I actually give the mental edge to George already, he has been a great leader this year or at least in these playoffs, and at such a young age(23).

I just dont think PG will ever be as strong of a defender as Pip or as strong physically period.

Everybody has to remember what Pippen did the first year MJ retired.....nasty numbers, a great regular season, and if not for a controversial call, could have taken the Bulls back to the finals maybe....

Only time will tell how far Paul George can climb up the ladder of great SG/SF swing point forward hybrids.....sky looks like the limit though with this kid.

A long ways to catch Pippen but definitely possible, and Scottie is high on my list, especially when it comes to perimeter players.

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    He's a better offensive player than Pippen already, and his defense is actually creeping up there, but the margin in their defense is still drastic.

Ya'll musta forgot how beastly Pip was on D.

Anyway, George has pretty awful handles. Turns the ball over way too much. Has a good three though.

It's just an over reaction to one good series. Just like Hibbert being the best center in the league etc. If George can consistently produce over a season (he had like 18 points on 42% shooting lol), them maybe we can start a conversation on whether he *could* become the next Pippen some time in the future. Until then, all of you should calm down and keep it in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by DLeagueWannabe
    I'm having a discussion with my brother right now about Paul George vs. Scottie Pippen. Honestly, (and I was born in 1986), in this ECF Paul George looks practically as good as Prime Pippen to me.

Now, I know George isn't the player Pippen is All Time, but I'm dead serious when I say that he pretty much looks as affective as Pippen did. I know he doesn't play at this level all season long, but in my eyes he's about Pippen's equal right now in this series.

And for what it's worth, I never thought Pippen was that great. He was very very good, but not great in my eyes.

What do you guys think?
    To answer your question even more directly, and in short answer form.....

It's too early for you to say he looks practically as good as Pippen.... not enough evidence yet.....having a huge game 7 in a game that is basically un- winnable due to the corrupt NBA???? That would certainly help his legend, but he's not even close to Pip yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dengness9
    Being born and raised out of the Chi, as a lifelong Bulls fan..... I love Paul George's game and make the Pippen comparison a lot. Had PG on my fantasy squad two years straight too so i watch him and check the stats religiously.

But also being a Chicago guy, watching Pip all those years, George still has a ways to go.

I actually give the mental edge to George already, he has been a great leader this year or at least in these playoffs, and at such a young age(23).

I just dont think PG will ever be as strong of a defender as Pip or as strong physically period.

Everybody has to remember what Pippen did the first year MJ retired.....nasty numbers, a great regular season, and if not for a controversial call, could have taken the Bulls back to the finals maybe....

Only time will tell how far Paul George can climb up the ladder of great SG/SF swing point forward hybrids.....sky looks like the limit though with this kid.

A long ways to catch Pippen but definitely possible, and Scottie is high on my list, especially when it comes to perimeter players.
    And lets hope he doesn't take that next step, because it'll be another contender to go through for us Bulls fans.

The days of only having to worry about the Heat are over. We gotta worry about the damn Pacers too!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes

Anyway, George has pretty awful handles. Turns the ball over way too much. Has a good three though.

It's just an over reaction to one good series. Just like Hibbert being the best center in the league etc. If George can consistently produce over a season (he had like 18 points on 42% shooting lol), them maybe we can start a conversation on whether he *could* become the next Pippen some time in the future. Until then, all of you should calm down and keep it in perspective.

It's not an over exaggeration buddy. George's handles are better than Pip's, and his overall offensive game is more advanced than Pippen's. I've never put Pippen's offense on a pedestal.

It's not an over exaggeration buddy. George's handles are better than Pip's, and his overall offensive game is more advanced than Pippen's. I've never put Pippen's offense on a pedestal.
    You can't be serious?

Oh, and Pippen had a good back to the basket game; something George doesn't have much of right now.
    Last edited by KG215; 06-02-2013 at 06:01 PM.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Ummmm......it's not George's job to run the offense. That's what Hill is used for.
    Like it was on Pippen most of the time?

My point is that I don't see George as point forward. He's a G/F who can pass the ball relatively well. Pippen is the guy who took the point forward position to a new level.

imo, if you are getting compared to Pippen, you absolutely need to be a point forward. Otherwise there are better comparisons out there.

That's like saying player X plays like Dirk, except he can't shoot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Like it was on Pippen most of the time?

My is that I don't see George as point forward. He's a G/F who can pass the ball relatively well. Pippen is the guy who took the point forward position to a new level.
    The Bulls were set up to play that way. MJ instilled in Pippen that duty. The Bulls have never had a traditional PG. Always 3pt. shooting PGs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    You can't be serious?

Oh, and Pippen had a good back to the basket game; something George doesn't have much of right now.
    I'm dead ass serious.