Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Athletes signing autographs..

And nicest NBA player I ever met was BJ Armstrong.

Unless you count Clyde Mayes who was a family friend and player in the late 70s.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    That's very interesting. Was this after the games or near the hotels? For the megastars I could understand a little, it's been years and years of fans shouting at them and begging everyday, but I thought someone like Chris Bosh would be more friendly and willing. I saw another video of many heat role players (before decision) all signing and I thought that was pretty cool.
    This is after games. I think it is rude to approach those guys at a hotel. I don't have much experience with talking to NBA players outside of arenas except for one time my boy and I ran into Jermaine O'neal at a restaurant bar. We said hi and could not believe how much he was willing to talk to us. He pretty much started the conversation. I am sure the fact we were the only three black people in the bar might have had something to do with it

I have an autographed bball from Ron Artest from when he was a bull. He couldn't spell my name so I spelled it out for him and he still ****ed it up.

I have Pat Riley's autograph.

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I have an autographed bball from Ron Artest from when he was a bull. He couldn't spell my name so I spelled it out for him and he still ****ed it up.

Banned

Me and some of my buddies had breakfast with Bobby Jones All NBA defensive player for the 6ers in 70s/80s when I was in high school. He was known as a really nice guy and the reputation didn't disappoint. He gave me tips on playing defense and signed all my shit while taking pics with the group.

Also met some NFL guys, but it was in the gym so I just shook their hand and told them whats up.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I've noticed NBA players are generally more friendly than NFL players. Or for me they have been.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerOO
    Ive never asked or wanted a signature in my life. I don't get it. Whats so great about having something with an athletes signature. What am I gonna do with it? Just stare at it?
    For every stan who actually wants an autograph for fap material there is 10 middle aged white dudes trying to get an autograph so they can turn around and sell it to make it a quick buck. whitepeople

I've never had an opportunity to ask for an autograph from an athlete, and to be honest, I probably wouldn't depending on the circumstances.
    I have taken a pic with Gary Payton, though. He was nice but didn't talk much since he was leaving the arena with 2-3 of his friends.

some players have contracts forbidding them to sign autographs unless it's a sanctioned event, like a sponsored event or something. most fans who wait after games asking for autographs are professionall autographs sellers anyway.

a player who rarely signs autographs raises the value of their autographs and vice-versa. so you can see from a business pov why it pays to sign only on sanctioned signing sessions.

Banned

Lebron is a joke. There were like only 3 dudes that wanted his sig.

Very good NBA starter

mentioned it before but almost 2 years ago David Robinson signed the macbook pro I'm using. He came in to the coffee shop I work at, was really cool. we talked for 20 minutes at least

I don't idolize other human beings, so autographs are silly to me. They are just our peers the same as any other guy. It is weird for a grown man to ask another grown man for his autograph. Plus some of them just want to sell it.

If I was a player, I would only sign autographs for kids.
    Last edited by bmd; 06-03-2013 at 06:52 PM.

Rip you gotta ease up with the Lebron obsession bro... Relax start a agenda free thread for once... ISH is praying for you

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    mentioned it before but almost 2 years ago David Robinson signed the macbook pro I'm using. He came in to the coffee shop I work at, was really cool. we talked for 20 minutes at least

You done ****ed up your resale value, son!