Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    -dallas, texas-
    Posts
    11,183

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Better stats in what regard? Show me because I'm looking at them right now.
    I'm on my phone but I believe Sam had better stats in everything except passing yardage, but Matt led the NFL in attempts

    Start at passer rating, which is an average of the 4 major stats, and look at Sams being higher than Matts, without Megatron


    I'm also waiting for you to explain how Matt is better than Sam, I am guessing that will never happen though...

  2. #17
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    -dallas, texas-
    Posts
    11,183

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    Sam Bradford: 21 TDs, 13 INTs, 82.6 rating
    Matt Stafford: 20 TDs, 17 INTs, 79.8 rating

    this is with Sam's #1 being rookie Chris Givens, after Amendola went out...and Matt's #1 being Calvin Johnson

    want to look at team wins?

    Rams 7-8-1
    Lions 4-12

    Sam's wins against WINNING TEAMS IN 2012:
    week 2 against the Redskins
    week 4 agaisnt the Seahawks
    week 13 against the 49ers

    and week 10 they tied the 49ers

    that alone trumps Staffords entire career...if we are talking team wins, I didn't even look at past year's from Sam


    so what angle is it that you want to take to say that Matt is better?....it your turn

  3. #18
    hugh mungus what? Nanners's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    oregon
    Posts
    10,116

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    I dont normally agree with Primetime when it comes to the OU graduates in the NFL, but I do agree that Bradford > Stafford.

    If Bradford was throwing the ball to Megatron, and Stafford was throwing the ball to Brandon Gibson.... we would not be having this discussion right now.

    That said, if you want to compare wins and losses you should also take into account that the rams defense is waaay better than the lions.
    Last edited by Nanners; 06-08-2013 at 02:58 AM.

  4. #19
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies GOBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Illadelph live 215
    Posts
    47,305

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    So he's in the same class as Sam Bradford right now. Got it.



  5. #20
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    -dallas, texas-
    Posts
    11,183

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    how about you tell me how Matt is better than Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I'm also waiting for you to explain how Matt is better than Sam, I am guessing that will never happen though...
    Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    so what angle is it that you want to take to say that Matt is better?....it your turn
    lol

  6. #21
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies GOBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Illadelph live 215
    Posts
    47,305

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    Stafford 59.8 compl % 82.8 QB rating
    Bradford 58.3 compl % 77.3 QB rating

    Career numbers

    Much like last season numbers you didn't show how Bradford is better. What you did was show he is in the same tier as Stafford. If both were free agents its a coin toss to who u sign. If one was clearly better than the other then you wouldn't have that problem.

    Win loss argument is stupid and you know it. I read your argument for Sam and don't walk away with Sauk g you are right Sam is better. Not shocking given how biased u are for Sam ranking him amongst the top 10.

  7. #22
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    -dallas, texas-
    Posts
    11,183

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    so you don't think matt > sam then? you think they are even?

    last season's numbers DO show that Sam was better...perhaps not by much, but all things considered Sam w/o Calvin in the NFC West was much more impressive than Matt with Calvin last year...

    like Nanners just stated, if Sam was on the Lions throwing to Calvin and Matt was on the Rams throwing to scrubs, then we wouldn't be having this conversation...

  8. #23
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies GOBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Illadelph live 215
    Posts
    47,305

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    Perhaps not by much = nitpicking trying to find a way to say Sam > Stafford.

    Lame tactic. Look at career numbers or did you overlook them because they don't side with Bradford? And even that goes back to my point that there is no significant gap between the two to crown either better than the other outside of personal preference.


    We can assume what Bradford would do in Detroit. I think Michael Vick would excel and be a much better QB in NE. He'd arguably be the best in the NFL. If you feel Bradford would fare much better than Stafford in Detroit? Solid. Not sure what the point is there besides you like Bradford better than Stafford.

    Neither QB wows me and has a lot to prove.

  9. #24
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    -dallas, texas-
    Posts
    11,183

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    I went with recent numbers because they are better than career numbers obviously when judging who is better NOW.

    If we went by career numbers for everyone like you just did then:

    Griffin3 65.6 compl % 102.4 QB rating
    Brady 63.7 compl % 96.6 QB rating

    Career numbers


    and Bradford's second year he only played 10 games and he was injured during those 10 games...looking at last year's stats is a much better gauge

  10. #25
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies GOBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Illadelph live 215
    Posts
    47,305

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    Your comparison is moronic. Shocked you didnt edit it before I saw.

    Stafford has played 45 career games
    Bradford has played 42 career games

    Brady played 177 career games
    RGII played 15 career games

    (postseason not counted)

    See you tried to be a smartass with your reply and ended up looking like a dumbass.

    Stafford first two seasons were injury riddled as well. Especially his 2nd. So Stafford has the injury card to play with as well.

  11. #26
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    -dallas, texas-
    Posts
    11,183

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    if we are talking about who is better CURRENTLY, then we should look at recent stats, as in last season...this is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league when QBs are the subject

    you brought up Vick, well when we rank Vick we don't point at his stats from 3 years ago...we look at what he did LAST YEAR

    but hey, how every you want to reach in order to look correct

  12. #27
    Facts Are Misleading
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    A Court Near You
    Posts
    8,645

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    So we're suppose to ignore 2011?

    5000 yards, 41 TD's, near 100 rating and helped his team to the playoffs?

  13. #28
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    -dallas, texas-
    Posts
    11,183

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    So we're suppose to ignore 2011?

    5000 yards, 41 TD's, near 100 rating and helped his team to the playoffs?
    No but it should be a back story to 2012 don't you think?

    I'm not ever allowed to point at past years from Romo....hell I'm not even allowed to point to past games, its all one INT against the skins.

    No one gives Rivers any cred now for his past good years...its all about what has been done lately

  14. #29
    Facts Are Misleading
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    A Court Near You
    Posts
    8,645

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    Rivers has been in a funk compared to his "prime" years for two years now, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him return to the production he once had if they can protect him. The point is he has done it.

    Stafford had a down year last year....but he's already proven to put up some insane numbers and helped his team to the playoffs. Bradford has done....neither.

    Stafford & Bradford are of the same tier. Both are talented, but both have something to prove - Stafford needs to prove 2011 wasn't a fluke, and Bradford needs to prove he can be productive and help his team win now that he has the appropriate weapons around him (Tavon, great TE duo, Givens, solid line, great defense)

  15. #30
    Sixers|Eagles|Phillies GOBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Illadelph live 215
    Posts
    47,305

    Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

    Carbine what he did that season (41td playoffs) is irrelevant. Its about LAST season. Got that bud?

    Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    if we are talking about who is better CURRENTLY, then we should look at recent stats, as in last season...this is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately league when QBs are the subject

    you brought up Vick, well when we rank Vick we don't point at his stats from 3 years ago...we look at what he did LAST YEAR
    No my Vick toss in was for this reason. you said if Bradford was in Detroit he would do x, y and z and we wouldnt even debate who is better between Stafford and Bradford. To me thats a weak argument to use in this discussion.

    But you did the Bradford in Detroit bit because of this...

    but hey, how ever you want to reach in order to look correct
    Irony much? Because that applies to you my friend. Not me.



    We both agree Stafford has been overrated. We disagree on how good YOU feel Bradford is. I dont think Bradford is a bad QB or a limited QB ala Alex Smith. As I said he has to prove himself no different than Stafford. Carbine touched on it a bit with his recent reply.


    When it comes to Bradford you think highly of him which is what prompted me to ask you initially what makes him better than Stafford. There is no winner or loser here. This was just for you to reveal how you break down which QB is better for me to understand your comment. Follow?

    I read your support for Bradford > Stafford and walk away not convinced. Not out of spite its just nothing convincing me to feel that way. Would love both to prove themselves. I think Bradford is on a better team now than he ever has been.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •