Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip Xbox

Default Re: Rip Xbox

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    So you game on a mac then?
    no i have a custom gaming rig currently running windows 7. pretty much only use my mac for work and surfing the net for now.

Sony took a massive SHIT on Microsoft. Shit was funny to watch lol

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    no i have a custom gaming rig currently running windows 7. pretty much only use my mac for work and surfing the net for now.
    So in other words, you are still using Microsoft. Microsoft wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    So in other words, you are still using Microsoft. Microsoft wins.
    maybe if i had actually paid for my copy windows 7 they would be winning. microsoft did not get a penny out of my pocket when i built my gaming rig.

the last time i paid for any microsoft software was when i bought ms office in like 1998 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    maybe if i had actually paid for my copy windows 7 they would be winning. microsoft did not get a penny out of my pocket when i built my gaming rig.

the last time i paid for any microsoft software was when i bought ms office in like 1998 or something.
    Eh, if you are using their OS they are still getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Eh, if you are using their OS they are still getting paid.
    Since I didnt buy some Dell or HP and all components were ordered from newegg or amazon, MS doesnt get to collect their license fee from the manufacturer of the machine.

Yeah MS might be getting paid a little bit, but its not money out of my pocket. If enough games become available on Linux someday I will probably switch my gaming rig to Ubuntu or something.
    Last edited by Nanners; 06-11-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ

Go PS4!

If this trend continues pretty soon we'll only be allowed to do one play-through per disc.

I rule the local playground sommervilleCdn's Avatar

K.I.S.S (keep it simple.. )...microsoft forgot the kiss rule. so, they can go eat a bag of rocks for all i care

Oh damn. Well I'm a Playstation boy anyway (PS One, PS2, PS3, PSP) but still sucks cuz now it's gonna be harder to find a PS4 when it comes out

why would anyone anyways give microsoft their money.........a shit company...just look at windows 8........

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    People blowing this connection thing out of proportion. Most of you are probably connected most of the time anyhow.
    It is a problem leading down the road of DRM and always needing online connectivity. Look at the colossal f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck up that Sim City was. This is not the way we want to go. What happens in 10 years time when Microsoft shuts down the servers? Do they release a patch so we can play without checking in online, or do they force us to throw the old system out so we are forced to buy a new console? We can't say now, but even considering that is a possibility at all is kind of scary.

As consumers we should have SOME control over the products we buy. We can't unhook the new kinect. We can't lend games (more than once). We have to check in. The video game industry is making more money than it ever has but we are being squeezed for every penny we have. None of it is right.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Oh damn. Well I'm a Playstation boy anyway (PS One, PS2, PS3, PSP) but still sucks cuz now it's gonna be harder to find a PS4 when it comes out
    I wouldn't (and won't buy it on release anyway). Not the best idea imo, and there will still be plenty of great games coming out for PS3 for a while.

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

I don't see what the big deal is

With the Xbox ONE you can play your games ANYWHERE on any system as long as you are logged into your Xbox LIVE account. All your games are installed on your system and stored in the cloud. You can share all your games with your family if you have multiple Xbox in the house without a physical disc.

IMO Microsoft is more forward thinking on this. Sony is stuck in the 90's still needing a physical disc.