Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Default Games you cannot stop playing.

I mentioned how big of a WWII nerd I was in Meticode's Demonoid thread, but I need to reiterate.

Wow. I hadn't played a video game outside of Tiger Woods 09 (which was OK) in years, and suddenly I'm devoting hours on end to this:

I had this game when I was a kid, and wow. It might be the single most complete WWII simulation ever. 10 crew members, and every friggin' one is playable. Pilot the plane, gunners, bomb aiming...the Norden has damn near the full complexity of the real one. It's an FPS, action, and tactical sim all wrapped in one. The amazing thing is, every single station, whether it be waist gunner or pilot, is with a full instrument panel and controls. Anyone who has any interest in the topic will steal this game via Demonoid postaste.

Which brings me back to the OT: What games have you or do you guys play that you just cannot stop?

High School Varsity 6th Man Ben Jordan's Avatar

Default Re: Games you cannot stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    I mentioned how big of a WWII nerd I was in Meticode's Demonoid thread, but I need to reiterate.

Wow. I hadn't played a video game outside of Tiger Woods 09 (which was OK) in years, and suddenly I'm devoting hours on end to this:

I had this game when I was a kid, and wow. It might be the single most complete WWII simulation ever. 10 crew members, and every friggin' one is playable. Pilot the plane, gunners, bomb aiming...the Norden has damn near the full complexity of the real one. It's an FPS, action, and tactical sim all wrapped in one. The amazing thing is, every single station, whether it be waist gunner or pilot, is with a full instrument panel and controls. Anyone who has any interest in the topic will steal this game via Demonoid postaste.

Which brings me back to the OT: What games have you or do you guys play that you just cannot stop?
    I'll have to check that one out.

When I was a kid, PS1 was my thang and I spent hours playing this:

This game is fun but requires a bit more time invested:

I never could get into the Civilization/AOE type stuff, but Vigilante was legit as hell. PS1 was a sick machine. I don't care to remember what percentage of my life was wasted on Tony Hawk/Coolboarders games.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    What games have you or do you guys play that you just cannot stop?
    Dark Age of Camelot

I really have troubling dropping my online game Dark Age of Camelot. The Player versus Player aspect of the game is what keeps me coming back to it and this is mainly why I play this over say something like WoW.

And any basketball game I just can't put down. I still play NBA 2K9 on PS2 sometimes.

High School Varsity 6th Man Ben Jordan's Avatar

Blu Ray

Combat Arms. I'm currently ranked #2,544 out of 383,550. I'm in one of the oldest, most notorious FPS clans around [the leader says they've been around in every FPS game since about 10 years ago]. I'm ranked sixth in that clan, soon to be fifth when I level up to Lieutenant. Ah, let's see. We're probably the best melee clan in the game. One of our members is #1 in overall melee kills, and another five in the top 20. I'm one of the best shotgun users in the game.

Here's an HD video of me playing, make sure to watch it in HD.

Edit: I'm now ranked #2,497
    Last edited by pete's montreux; 06-16-2009 at 08:47 AM.

Diablo 2. I come back to that game every few years.

i kind of wish this thread was over in the half dead videogames forum.

we need more than random NBA 2K threads in there...

anways....

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Jordan
    I know man. There was this one guy on Dr. Phil who played Everquest and he had a wife and two kids and absolutely did nothing around the house. In one instances his child was passed out on the couch and he thought she was sleeping because he wasn't paying attention and she was actually unconscious. Then when his wife said "It's me and the kids or your game." He chose the game and kicked them out. He was able to do this because he owned the house totally. And this is a man in his later 30s early 40s with kids like 8 years old. After he realized what a mistake that was he came on Dr. Phil.

I'm no where near like that. I used to play DAoC all the time before I met my wife. I now play maybe every other day a total of like...6 hours or so a week at most? Before I met my wife it was probably near 30 hours a week.
    Last edited by Meticode; 06-15-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Another game I've always liked or any variation of it that looks similiar (I don't like the 3D version of the game).

Street Fighter

Burnout 3. One of the top ten best games ever.

WoW

Im not playing it now,but it's only a matter of time before i get the urge again

PvP is fun for me,i did nothing but world pvp.Tried Warhammer but my comp could not handle it

Also,Tetris.

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Combat Arms. I'm currently ranked #2,544 out of 383,550. I'm in one of the oldest, most notorious FPS clans around [the leader says they've been around in every FPS game since about 10 years ago]. I'm ranked sixth in that clan, soon to be fifth when I level up to Lieutenant. Ah, let's see. We're probably the best melee clan in the game. One of our members is #1 in overall melee kills, and another five in the top 20. I'm one of the best shotgun users in the game.

Here's an HD video of me playing, make sure to watch it in HD.
    For whatever reason, this seems like THE last thing I'd expect you to be proud of/post a vid of. You're a badass though.

I'm a recovering WoW player. Quit 2 years ago, now I'm just waiting for the Old Republic. The past three years I've played the **** out of AoE III online every weekend. It never gets old to me. Recently I picked up Empire: Total War which has taken up a bit of my time.

Blu Ray

Yeah, sounds nerdy, but at least It's an FPS game and not some nerdy game like Warcraft.

No offense, that's a great game, just not my cup of tea.