Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: US to give Syrian rebels aid

Oh boy. Today we are giving aid the rebels. Tomorrow we are fighting the rebels. Do we ever learn? Didn't the whole Bin Laden thing teach us anything? We don't know who the "good" guys are over there. What a mess.

NBA Superstar

Brilliant!

Support a bunch of Muslim Extremists so they can get power and turn another country into their Sharia playground.

A decade later go back and start a war with them because of their extremist society and rhetoric.

I hate to go all conspirator on everyone, but this seems like a future investment in the military industrial complex.

EDIT: Agree with everything JellyBean says above, read his post after posting mine.

civil war? aint nobody got time fo dat

just ****ing nuke the bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Brilliant!

Support a bunch of Muslim Extremists so they can get power and turn another country into their Sharia playground.

A decade later go back and start a war with them because of their extremist society and rhetoric.

I hate to go all conspirator on everyone, but this seems like a future investment in the military industrial complex.

EDIT: Agree with everything JellyBean says above, read his post after posting mine.
    yes, it sounds exactly like afghanistan !.... ................if obama forgot i will gladly send him a dvd of rambo 2..........

National High School Star

Where's Jay Carney aka KevinNYC?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    Awaiting his talking points from the "Nobel peace prize winner" in Chief.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Here we go again /smh -_-

why can we just watch them blow each other up, isnt that a win win, no need to get involved

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Oh boy. Today we are giving aid the rebels. Tomorrow we are fighting the rebels. Do we ever learn? Didn't the whole Bin Laden thing teach us anything? We don't know who the "good" guys are over there. What a mess.
    That's basically what it comes down to for me. That part of the world is so fucked up, and this type of thing has come back and bitten us on the ass more than once the last few decades, so who is to say it won't again?

Good old US of A, doing the bidding of the Saudi's. For anyone keeping notes at home, Saudi Arabia has long been pushing to be the head of an Middle Eastern union, it is entirely coincidental that the only roadblock's in its path such as Saddam Hussein, Mubarak, Assad and Iran are one by one being knocked off.

With this situation, the U.S. can either side with a tyrant in Assad, or a group of "rebels" largely composed of foreign jihadist's looking to instill an authoritarian form of fundamentalist religious government that would make the Taliban proud.

The only win is for the Saudi's, and the various members of the U.S. military-industrial complex.

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    Good old US of A, doing the bidding of the Saudi's. For anyone keeping notes at home, Saudi Arabia has long been pushing to be the head of an Middle Eastern union, it is entirely coincidental that the only roadblock's in its path such as Saddam Hussein, Mubarak, Assad and Iran are one by one being knocked off.

With this situation, the U.S. can either side with a tyrant in Assad, or a group of "rebels" largely composed of foreign jihadist's looking to instill an authoritarian form of fundamentalist religious government that would make the Taliban proud.

The only win is for the Saudi's, and the various members of the U.S. military-industrial complex.
    The "tyrant" angle is overblown. He's no saint, but people of all creeds and nationalities have lived in relative peace in Syria even when Assad's father was in control. The Christians support him, as do all Alawites and most Shiites...there are very recent youtube videos of him walking through crowds of at least 10,000 people shaking hands and kissing babies. It looked like he was absolutely revered. You don't get that reaction if you're doing things worth the title "tyrant."

Anyone hear about Iran sending troops to aid the Syrian pres?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    The "tyrant" angle is overblown. He's no saint, but people of all creeds and nationalities have lived in relative peace in Syria even when Assad's father was in control. The Christians support him, as do all Alawites and most Shiites...there are very recent youtube videos of him walking through crowds of at least 10,000 people shaking hands and kissing babies. It looked like he was absolutely revered. You don't get that reaction if you're doing things worth the title "tyrant."
    Not to mention he ended the decades long rule by mandate of the Ba'ath party. Some polls indicate he has 65-70% approval, unheard of in the west.

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
    I have been wondering the same thing. It seems to be quite out of character for him to vanish when big time news with political rammifications shows up on msnbc. He is probably just lurking rather than completely disappeared, as he did post this shortly after being called out in his obama slobberfest thread about a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    I've been staying out of this, because I don't believe many people actually understand how the NSA program works and why judges have found that it's legal and constitutional.

To me those are the prerequisite to having a rational debate on this.
    Read that post a few times and let the absurdity of what he is saying really sink in. As other people pointed out, since when has Kevin ever stopped debating someone who doesnt "actually understand how **** works"?? Longhorn of all people would know that Kevin loves to debate people who dont know what the fvck they are talking about.

My guess is that Kevin is unable to find a cnn opinion page or semi credible blog that can accurately describe his opinion, therefore he has gone lurk mode until further notice.
    Last edited by Nanners; 06-17-2013 at 04:59 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Didn't see this one coming!