Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default The Rockets sending everyone but the kitchen sink for Howard meeting

"The Rockets plan to send general manager Daryl Morey, coach Kevin McHale, owner Les Alexander, Olajuwon and current Rockets James Harden and Chandler Parsons to recruit Howard, the source said."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...es-source-says

Banned

Default Re: The Rockets sending everyone but the kitchen sink for Howard meeting

Smart move.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: The Rockets sending everyone but the kitchen sink for Howard meeting

Despite the hard push the Rockets will make, I still see Dwight foolishly staying with the Lakers when it's all said and done.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

All they need now is Pat Riley.

Banned

Trust me, as a Lakers fan, it's not worth it for Houston to do this. Howard's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Despite the hard push the Rockets will make, I still see Dwight foolishly staying with the Lakers when it's all said and done.
    The Kobe stans, which make up 80% of the Lakers fan base, hate him and are driving him out of the city. Dwight is Texas bound.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Trust me, as a Lakers fan, it's not worth it for Houston to do this. Howard's not worth it.
    Kobe on Dwight: "We saw what he could do at the end of the year when we all started clicking

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    The fact that we haven't seen any denial of ESPN's report that he's likely gone, I think the writing is on the wall.

Banned

[QUOTE=tikay0]Kobe on Dwight: "We saw what he could do at the end of the year when we all started clicking

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    and Kobe is the only guy that can tame Howard and he was still acting childish. Who would be the voice to Dwight at Houston?
    Kevin McHale. He'd actually have a coach that understands the big man position and can help to refine his game.

McHale teaching howard all the tricks in the book would be awesome for the Rockets and Dwight.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

I'll be so torn if Dwight goes to Houston. I love McHale, Morey, and pretty much the entire Rockets roster. Hell, even Houston fans I like. ...but god I don't want Dwight to win a title. Ever.

Cot dayum!!

Does Howard put the Rockets into championship contention? I really don't think so, unless Harden, Lin and Parsons take their games to new heights.

Howard would probably downgrade their offense too because he thinks he's entitled to a bunch of touches in the post for some reason.

Lakers get

Jeremy Lin
    Thomas Robinson
    10 million trade exception

Rockets get

Dwight Howard

The Lakers then use that 10 million trade exception to sign Andrew Bynum in a sign and trade - one year deal.

Banned

This will be the main reason why he doesn't sign with Rockets.

David Baumann @DavidBaumann33

Olajuwon's role in all this, source says: Mentor, work with him before practice, talk w/him & basically be another coach for Dwight Howard.
    Basically, your post game sucks. So we will have Hakeem work with you. You really think a guy like Howard wants to hear that? He's pretty much set in his ways. He's been in the league long enough to improve and he has already worked with Hakeem.

He didn't improve his free throws and his teammates were Kobe and Nash.

I won't say he comes back to the Lakers because I don't think he likes the pressure that comes with playing with the Lakers and then you have Kobe as a teammate. Very hard shoes to fill.