Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Are tattoos out of style?

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    This isn't a pissing contest. I'm just saying that it's no longer trendy to get tattoos. I have seen people and celebrities remove their tattoos.

It's out of style in my opinion.

its an opinion pulled directly from your ass

we should all listen to you more sir

(BTW, I have zero tats)

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    There are different types of tatted up people from everyone I've known well that has them..

You have the guy who has tattoos as a legit hobby.. Sleeving legs and arms big chest tattoos etc. They aren't trying to look cool, just kind of get caught up in it and look at it as a hobby.

Then you have the guys and girls who get the remembrance tattoos for someone that died or some other reason.

Then you have the meatheads or cool guys slutty girls that only have one or two tats in the most visible places.. Girls all variety of tamp stamps and guys lower arms inner biceps tribals etc.

^^those are the worst and you can usually tell a lot about someone based on what kind of tats they have and where they're located.
    Exactly. Like I said you can tell who has them for appearance and who has them because they mean something. An example is a lot of the abstract tribal stuff that isn't even a picture of something/they can't explain what it is. For example:

The Rock has a tribal tattoo. There's a whole writeup on it: " In early 2003, Dwayne traveled to Hawaii to have his family history tattooed on him

NBA Superstar

Until tattoo removal because super accessible and affordable, I feel like tattoos are going to be forced to be in style. Well, on second thought, I guess "out of style" could mean the new folks coming through (youngsters) may opt not to go the tattoo route, leading the current era of people being on sort of an island of tattoo, where they're known as the generation for widespread tattoo application.

The more I think of it, I suppose there's a good chance that'll happen. If this era of random people getting tattoos eventually comes to an end, there's going to be a big pocket of people identified by the mere presence of body sketches (i.e. "Yeah, she's from the tattoo era").

I would personally never get a tattoo because the things that mean enough to get tats from my life are things I don't feel the need to have inked onto my skin. My brother is the opposite tho and I can appreciate why people get them. Just not my style.

Anyone who gets too judgmental either way usually ends up looking foolish.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

The tattoo removal industry makes more money off people, than the tattoo industry. Amazing how that works.

I don't care either way, until someone has the dumbest reason ever to get inked up.

Oh, you have barbed wire, Chinese characters, a tribal pattern, a bird, a skull, a flame, and your kids names tattooed on your chest.
    Yeah, wow, original, cool. /sarcasm
    These are the idiots that take what could be artistic and symbolic, and turn the whole culture into a group of meatheads. The 75% that make the 25% of amazing tats look bad. And of course, if you're dumb enough to buy into it with a piss-poor reason, you're stuck defending it.

[QUOTE=B-Low]Exactly. Like I said you can tell who has them for appearance and who has them because they mean something. An example is a lot of the abstract tribal stuff that isn't even a picture of something/they can't explain what it is. For example:

The Rock has a tribal tattoo. There's a whole writeup on it: " In early 2003, Dwayne traveled to Hawaii to have his family history tattooed on him

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    8 right now, probably gonna be 10 soon. And it's pretty simple how these always go. People without tattoos say negative things about them (which is why they don't have them) and people with tattoos defend them (which is why we do have them). Repeat every few months, rinse with warm water.
    Okay but what is the exact reason that you got them for?

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Okay but what is the exact reason that you got them for?
    WIthout getting too specific, they represent different people/phases/aspects of my life so far, and as I have more big influences and events I'll get more to commemorate those

I have one that represents the bond between me and my dad, one that represents my childhood, one that i got to commemorate my college graduation because that was something people always said I could never do, 2 to represent my development as an adult after college and growing from the mistakes I made during those years (got those alongside the college one), one to represent my family's New Orleans heritage etc etc etc. Each one has a different meaning and I could type up paragraphs upon paragraphs explaining the story behind each if I felt like it. Of course a lot of people say "you don't need a tattoo to remind you of those things" blah blah blah. But hell by that logic we don't need photographs to hold onto memories of life's events. We lived them so why should we need a visual representation? Again, it's just something I like to have and something I will continue to add onto as time goes on, whether it's "in" or not.

But yeah that's always been my thing: if i can type out an explanation of WHY I got it, then there's justification for getting it. Some people will get like a flower and there's no real justification besides "it's pretty". I mean if that's their thing then fine, it's their body, but I personally wouldn't get one if I didn't have a reason I believe justified it, and in the case of all of mine, I do.

WIthout getting too specific, they represent different people/phases/aspects of my life so far, and as I have more big influences and events I'll get more to commemorate those

I have one that represents the bond between me and my dad, one that represents my childhood, one that i got to commemorate my college graduation because that was something people always said I could never do, 2 to represent my development as an adult after college and growing from the mistakes I made during those years (got those alongside the college one), one to represent my family's New Orleans heritage etc etc etc. Each one has a different meaning and I could type up paragraphs upon paragraphs explaining the story behind each if I felt like it. Of course a lot of people say "you don't need a tattoo to remind you of those things" blah blah blah. But hell by that logic we don't need photographs to hold onto memories of life's events. We lived them so why should we need a visual representation? Again, it's just something I like to have and something I will continue to add onto as time goes on, whether it's "in" or not.

But yeah that's always been my thing: if i can type out an explanation of WHY I got it, then there's justification for getting it. Some people will get like a flower and there's no real justification besides "it's pretty". I mean if that's their thing then fine, it's their body, but I personally wouldn't get one if I didn't have a reason I believe justified it, and in the case of all of mine, I do.
    Please tell me it's not a Spongebob tattoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Please tell me it's not a Spongebob tattoo.
    Nope, somehow even nerdier

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

WIthout getting too specific...
    You don't need to justify your tattoos to anyone but yourself. Anyone in here saying a tattoo that means something is "OK" and a tattoo that someone just thinks looks good is "stupid" is being ridiculous. Absolutely, have your opinions about tattoos, whatever, but when you start drawing the line at "Oh ok you have a reason for your tatty thats so cool dude!" to "Oh you just got a tattoo cause you wanted one, that's retarded," that's just absurd to me. It's an individual's body. They don't have to f*cking explain themselves to you. Get over yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    This isn't a pissing contest. I'm just saying that it's no longer trendy to get tattoos. I have seen people and celebrities remove their tattoos.

It's out of style in my opinion.
    Out of style for people who aren't into them, in style for those who are. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    You don't need to justify your tattoos to anyone but yourself. Anyone in here saying a tattoo that means something is "OK" and a tattoo that someone just thinks looks good is "stupid" is being ridiculous. Absolutely, have your opinions about tattoos, whatever, but when you start drawing the line at "Oh ok you have a reason for your tatty thats so cool dude!" to "Oh you just got a tattoo cause you wanted one, that's retarded," that's just absurd to me. It's an individual's body. They don't have to f*cking explain themselves to you. Get over yourselves.
    I agree with this, but the only difference is those that later regret those tats. If you get a tattoo, then do it because it's what you actually want. Treat it like a permanent decision.

i think tattoos look cool, just depends on what they r and how good the artists are

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    totally agree

tattoos are only for black people. they look terrible on white guys.
    black ppl get some of the worst tatts ever, and u can even tell what they are.