Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Are tattoos out of style?

I have zero tats but I am a huge fan of tattoo art, and am familiar with many of the better tattoo artists...

Mike DeVries...LOVE this guy's work

I've thought about getting tatted many times...*IF* I ever did I would acknowledge it completely a fashion statement and just because I do think it looks cool, but as awesome as a lot of tattoo art is right now I still have troubles thinking about what I would think "looks cool" the rest of my life...

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    I never said it was a reminder i said it was a representation. Insecurities are the result of a lack of confidence in something, and a sign of uncertainty. If I was uncertain about something I wouldn't have the confidence to get the tattoo in the first place.

Again, if you don't have any, you can't say why people who have them, have them. I know you like playing devils advocate, so I'm not gonna get worked up over this, but I also know that there are people who legitimately think the things you're saying and I'm just making it known that the stereotypical reasons why non-tattooed people assume people get them, are inaccurate in a lot of cases. Do some people get them for attention or to look cool? Yes of course. But there are also just as many people who have legit/personal reasons for getting them.
    Dude you're arguing with two known retards here in budadii and 9erempire. He doesn't even care about tattoos he's just trying to bait people while awkwardly trying to promote that he "builds his body" (nobody who actually lifts saying that shit), when he's most likely some scrawny Asian kid who does a 1000 pushups but still has 8 inch biceps

I'm just sayin man don't let these guys offend you. They're both no older than 17 and they're not the sharpest tools in the shed

^^^ that sleeve is just disgustingly awesome

Banned

It seems like we have two types of people and their tattoos. The ones that mean something to the owner and the owners that think it's cool.

Here's why I think they are the same exact people. Trendy types or ignorant types.

Tattoos with meaning: If a part of your life was meaningful, shouldn't you always remember it? You don't need to be that feeble minded to need something permanent to remind you of that person or moment.

Fashion Tattoos:
    Equally bad. They get tattoos based off of fashion. It's now out of style, now they are stuck with it. Tramp stamps fall into this category.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

Fashion tattoo.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers
    Dude you're arguing with two known retards here in budadii and 9erempire. He doesn't even care about tattoos he's just trying to bait people while awkwardly trying to promote that he "builds his body" (nobody who actually lifts saying that shit), when he's most likely some scrawny Asian kid who does a 1000 pushups but still has 8 inch biceps

I'm just sayin man don't let these guys offend you. They're both no older than 17 and they're not the sharpest tools in the shed
    yep, it's beyond weird that these guys spend so much time just to get a rise out of strangers behind the guise of anonymity

That is dope.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MetsPackers

Why you so obsessed with me? Lyin' that you're sexin' me.

Are you upset with me?

http://youtu.be/xTVTfLfwrrw?t=49s

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Fashion tattoo.
    yep, nothing wrong with that either

he might have some explanation for what it all represents to him and what it means to him personally but at the end of the day it is quite obvious the real reason he got it is because he thinks it looks cool on him, and I have no problems with that because to me that sleeve does look cool...

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Of course. Doesn't need to be acknowledged, I mean, that's how all the discussions on most sites go. But in this particular instance, I'm right by saying tattoos are for insecure punks because you don't really have an argument against it.
    How can your opinion be "right", it's subjective, of course there's no argument.

No hositility here, but I also wonder what compels someone to say something like "tattoos are for insercure punks". There was obiviously a reason behind it, whether it was to get a reaction, or maybe someone with tattoos violated you in the past? Curious.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Blue
    How can your opinion be "right", it's subjective, of course there's no argument.

No hositility here, but I also wonder what compels someone to say something like "tattoos are for insercure punks". There was obiviously a reason behind it, whether it was to get a reaction, or maybe someone with tattoos violated you in the past? Curious.
    He once made a thread about having a 2inch *****, so i'd say that has something to do with it.

NBA Superstar

I still have troubles thinking about what I would think "looks cool" the rest of my life...
    Ha, yep. Same here. I don't have anything I feel that needs to be memorialized on my body and I most certainly don't think I could think of something cool enough to make myself believe that I'd always love it.

Sometimes I look back to my senior year of high school (2002) and try to imagine what kind of "cool" tattoo I would have gotten if I somehow decided I was undoubtedly going to get inked up. I'm pretty sure it would have been an unmitigated disaster. I figure it would have been either a Hieroglyphics logo, a basketball with my high school jersey number inside, or perhaps my girlfriend's initials.

Tattoos on everyday folk don't really bother me either way. That said, I do tend to see a few different categories of people in this regard. It seems I know a few who are sincerely interested in the idea of body art and committed to it. More often, it feels as if most I know went the "cool" route. It's those tats I tend to look at years later and think, "Man, they're stuck with that forever."

[quote=B-Low]Exactly. Like I said you can tell who has them for appearance and who has them because they mean something. An example is a lot of the abstract tribal stuff that isn't even a picture of something/they can't explain what it is. For example:

The Rock has a tribal tattoo. There's a whole writeup on it: " In early 2003, Dwayne traveled to Hawaii to have his family history tattooed on him

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

I dont have one, but maybe I will someday. Name of my children, some nice quote or something like that. Or some reminder of smt big in my life. Right now, I cant tell surely, but I simply dont see a problem with it. Tattoos, smoking, alkohol, drugs, whatever. Its your body and you have right to do whatever you want with it. I dont like guys who are arguing because someone is doing things that he likes.
    But I must say I dont like those tattoos with no meaning, like that one posted here already. My friend has 2 greatest ones that I have ever seen on his back. Couple of lines for his dead mother on the left side, and nice quote on a paper on the right side. And it looks cool too.

College superstar

Many of you don't understand what insecure means.