Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57

Thread: 2013 Offseason

  1. #1
    Where Brooklyn at? MTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,273

    Default 2013 Offseason

    This has been the most successful offseason for us in years.

    Hire Jason Kidd as head coach w/ L. Frank, R. Rodgers, E. Hughes.

    Draft Mason Plumlee at #22 pick

    Trade Brooks, Humphries, Jospeh, Wallace, Bogans (S&T), and 3 first round picks for Pierce, Garnett, and Terry.

    Sign Kyle Korver "Pretty much in the bag"
    Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine

    Says one rival GM with interest in one of this summer's most coveted shooters: "Hearing Korver to Brooklyn is in the bag"
    For the first time, our Nets team is the attractive team that all the vets want to go to. Feels good man

    What else do you guys think we need to do? I think resigning Blatche is a must. It'll make our bench so much better if he comes back. Also this is probably wishful thinking but adding someone like Tony Allen would make us a very tough team to beat. We're lacking perimeter defenders and he is one of the best.

  2. #2
       
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    i

  3. #3
    Where Brooklyn at? MTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,273

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    Honestly we don't know who's involved in the trade until July 12. First it was Toko in the deal, then it was MarShon, now its Reggie. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

    And also I feel like MarShon is different from T-Will and CDR. MarShon never spoke out against his team mates or the coaches. He was visibly upset for not playing most this season but I don't recall him ever going on Twitter and complaining to the world. I'm just happy that he landed on a rebuilding team where he'll get plenty of shots and show the world he can play. Good luck to him, he was one of my favorite Nets the last 2 seasons.

  4. #4
       
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    i agree, he was definitely more mature than those two. i guess it's more the athleticism, scoring ability and x-factor that made me lump them together. plus the gun that some guy was holding against my head!

    but it's a shame... players like marshon could have been our homegrown joe johnsons or jason terrys, etc. because it gives me more satisfaction to see a player who came up through the team than an overpriced one who came via trade or FA. it's cool to learn their stories and watch them evolve... not just on the court, but as people.

  5. #5
    Where Brooklyn at? MTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,273

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i agree, he was definitely more mature than those two. i guess it's more the athleticism, scoring ability and x-factor that made me lump them together. plus the gun that some guy was holding against my head!

    but it's a shame... players like marshon could have been our homegrown joe johnsons or jason terrys, etc. because it gives me more satisfaction to see a player who came up through the team than an overpriced one who came via trade or FA. it's cool to learn their stories and watch them evolve... not just on the court, but as people.
    Totally agree. That's why everyone loves Brook, we drafted him and he's the only player left from that 12-70 year. The way the league is today, he'll probably end up getting traded later in his career but I hope he stays a Net for the majority of his career. Maybe get his number retired one day. He would be our Kobe, Dirk, Timmy D (players that stayed on one team for their whole career).

    Also its sad that Pierce didn't get to stay on the C's and retire but I ain't complaining.

  6. #6
    NBA Legend Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    Stupid Bucks trying to steal Korver...


    We need Kirilenko now that Korver is likely gone, or its season over.

  7. #7
    College star D12"Magic"'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    N. Jersey
    Posts
    3,952

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    I feel Ty Taylor should get the back up PG role, hes looked good when he played for us, remember the game against the Pacers without D-Will? Taylor lead us in OT to beat them, he is our quickest and for a small guy our most athletic player.

    There's a reason we are looked at as a team with no young talent, but lets change that and and give him minutes

    He played really good for Kansas and went to the Championship game, obviously the best player their was T-Rob but their starting PG was Taylor.


  8. #8
    Where Brooklyn at? MTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,273

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    I feel Ty Taylor should get the back up PG role, hes looked good when he played for us, remember the game against the Pacers without D-Will? Taylor lead us in OT to beat them, he is our quickest and for a small guy our most athletic player.

    There's a reason we are looked at as a team with no young talent, but lets change that and and give him minutes

    He played really good for Kansas and went to the Championship game, obviously the best player their was T-Rob but their starting PG was Taylor.

    I heard Coach Kidd will be giving him a chance to prove himself in the summer league. He still needs to learn how to limit his TOs and pass the ball like a natural PG. I agree with you totally I want Ty to be our backup but we should still sign a PG because its always safe to carry 3.

  9. #9
    Where Brooklyn at? MTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,273

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    Korver resigns with ATL. Damn, Marc Stein's tweet got me all excited.

  10. #10
    NBA Legend Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    Damn these shitty Bucks and Hawks do know how to mess up with our plans. There aint many good FAs left, I hope Billy King does not lose his calmness to sign any stupid euroleague players for Mini-MLE. If so he should be fired immediately.

  11. #11
    Where Brooklyn at? MTing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    4,273

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Damn these shitty Bucks and Hawks do know how to mess up with our plans. There aint many good FAs left, I hope Billy King does not lose his calmness to sign any stupid euroleague players for Mini-MLE. If so he should be fired immediately.
    We might be going with Bogdanovic. I don't know much about him cept hes a shooter but after how Mirza played last season, I don't know if I want another euroleague star that needs time to develop. We need someone who can contribute right away.

    Theres also Delfino who I wouldn't mind. What do you guys think of Matt Barnes? He brings defense off the bench which we need but he shot 34% from three last season.

  12. #12
    NBA Legend Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    15,278

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    Quote Originally Posted by MTing
    We might be going with Bogdanovic. I don't know much about him cept hes a shooter but after how Mirza played last season, I don't know if I want another euroleague star that needs time to develop. We need someone who can contribute right away.

    Theres also Delfino who I wouldn't mind. What do you guys think of Matt Barnes? He brings defense off the bench which we need but he shot 34% from three last season.
    Please no Euroleague scrubs, Billy King should be fired if he uses Mini-MLE on those trash.

  13. #13
       
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    barnes only shot 34%? i think he just needs another tattoo. that

  14. #14
       
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    i didn't want ashton korver anyway.

  15. #15
       
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    13,249

    Default Re: 2013 Offseason

    holy hand grenade... AK47 passed up big money with minny to come play for the nets for the mini-MLE... making prokhy pay a tonne of penalty money. nets payroll blowing the knicks out of the water but prokhes dun care! :D

    only problem... we never did get our 3ball specialist did we? hope this doesn’t come back to haunt us when the enemy defense needs to be stretched to the fullest.

    and blatche passed up a lot of extra money to re sign. sweet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •