Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Magna Carter Holy Grail

Actually the trap rat snap can pass for a punchline. Extremely elementary and played out though.

Anybody saying The Gifted is better than MCHG is insane. The Gifted sucked ass. Just same old Wale doing spoken word over beats attempting to be deep on every track. Makes it worse is that to get listeners he attempts to ride the wave by randomly throwing in a track with Nicki Minaj & Juicy J on the album that comes out of nowhere.

Born Sinner...I will not cosign because I've heard the same shit from Cole since 2009. Songs about crushing over girls then saying he doesn't need them followed by a song about how a girl broke his heart followed by a song praising Jay-Z followed by a song crushing on a girl. Almost forgot about the tracks about things his mom told him growing up & his high school basketball team. Then he has multiple songs that feel like he's just dick riding other rappers. Yes, it's cool to pay homage to Nas but sounding like a bitch on a song, dedicating 4 minutes to Nas being disappointed in you for your shitty Work Out single off the last album could've been used on one of his EPs because that song took the shine off him especially when Nas KILLED that beat 10x better than Cole did a couple weeks later. I won't even get into how the production on his tracks are T.I.-esque and have sounded the same for YEARS! At least Wale's style of beats have changed since his Seinfeld mixtape days.

High School Starter

where can I download album?

not saying brans is better than jay, but for all you n*ggas sticking up for jay, we have to be honest here....dude was still lazy on most of these songs

Serious playground baller AboveTheRim.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    not saying brans is better than jay, but for all you n*ggas sticking up for jay, we have to be honest here....dude was still lazy on most of these songs
    He was extremely lazy on the songs on this album. There honestly wasn't a single track that he went in on.

I thought this album was enjoyable, but regrettably very forgettable. I really didn't have much desire to give it a second listen (I will, I just don't want to right now). It seems like people are just hyping it because of the beats, there's really nothing special going on lyrically.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    Anybody saying The Gifted is better than MCHG is insane. The Gifted sucked ass. Just same old Wale doing spoken word over beats attempting to be deep on every track. Makes it worse is that to get listeners he attempts to ride the wave by randomly throwing in a track with Nicki Minaj & Juicy J on the album that comes out of nowhere.

Born Sinner...I will not cosign because I've heard the same shit from Cole since 2009. Songs about crushing over girls then saying he doesn't need them followed by a song about how a girl broke his heart followed by a song praising Jay-Z followed by a song crushing on a girl. Almost forgot about the tracks about things his mom told him growing up & his high school basketball team. Then he has multiple songs that feel like he's just dick riding other rappers. Yes, it's cool to pay homage to Nas but sounding like a bitch on a song, dedicating 4 minutes to Nas being disappointed in you for your shitty Work Out single off the last album could've been used on one of his EPs because that song took the shine off him especially when Nas KILLED that beat 10x better than Cole did a couple weeks later. I won't even get into how the production on his tracks are T.I.-esque and have sounded the same for YEARS! At least Wale's style of beats have changed since his Seinfeld mixtape days.
    I feel you with the Wale thing but Cole just be rapping bout his life and experiences. Just everyday shit that average joes go through.

You want him to rap about bugattis and millions

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    I just listened to it in shower...so all i heard was the beats and i couldn't hear a word ...but the beats were pretty cool.
    So now i've listened to the album one full way through again, this time in my car as i've been driving over the past few days.

It seems the beats were better than the lyricicism on this album.

I'll give it a 8/10 in total. This may change as I listen to it again though...because i was driving and i couldn't really pay attention to it as much as i wanted to, and half of Jay-z shit that he says requires some close attention with his double entendres and wild references and all of that.

MC[HG is easily the album of the year so far... anybody who says otherwise is in denial. Ppl complain about Jay's content, but what do you expect from Jay at this age? all he knows is money. I personally think the lyrics are good enough to go well with the outstanding production. I dont expect lyrical shit from Jay anymore, so when he does go in, its a bonus. This album was built to succeed, the team behind it was too beast.

Best rap album since GKMC.

Jay-Z - Best rapper of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    and half of Jay-z shit that he says requires some close attention with his double entendres and wild references and all of that.

I honestly find Jay-Z a little boring now.

I enjoy the album, most def.

The productions make it very strong but for ppl doggin Jay for corporate B.S. and saying his lyrics are weak, how many hip-hop artists that make references to some of the stuff he does while still getting huge sales?

Most of the artists that are intelligent, cultured and worldly enough to have the sophistication that Jay-Z does in his references, nobody outside of rapheads even heard of.

The album is a success in my book. I think it's a lot more personal than Blueprint 3 and Watch the Throne was a concept album that ultimately, left a lot to be desired sans like two real ass songs.

http://freshcutroc.wordpress.com/201...ta-holy-grail/

Here's my little breakdown, track by track for those interested

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heavensdevil
    MC[HG is easily the album of the year so far... anybody who says otherwise is in denial. Ppl complain about Jay's content, but what do you expect from Jay at this age? all he knows is money. I personally think the lyrics are good enough to go well with the outstanding production. I dont expect lyrical shit from Jay anymore, so when he does go in, its a bonus. This album was built to succeed, the team behind it was too beast.

So you admit that it's lyrically not all that, and then proceed to call it album of the year?

I give MCHG a 3/10. Even the most recent stuff I've heard from Ja Rule >> Jay Z.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveRings
    So you admit that it's lyrically not all that, and then proceed to call it album of the year?

I give MCHG a 3/10. Even the most recent stuff I've heard from Ja Rule >> Jay Z.
    this man speaks the truth

I deleted MC so fast after skimming through it

pure trash, not one redeeming quality song about it

National High School Star

no matter how good his lyrics are, there are so many tracks where musically it makes my ears bleed. it's like listening to someone do a bad karaoke. i cant ignore it, srs, it's that bad. is he tone deaf???

Quote Originally Posted by heavensdevil

No way man, Jay z just got a bunch of cash together and threw it at the best producers. His songs sound good but just like you said he aint got shit to rap about. His album has no focus, no directions. Its just a bunch of songs with hot beats. He flows nice about random bullshit but its still random bullshit.

Id say Kanye's album is better(not that much better) as far as piece of work goes. It will stand the test of time much better. Jays album is forgettable. Once I get tired of the beats theres not much else to listen to.