Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The ISH'ers Champion!

Default Re: Howard wanted LAL to Amnesty Kobe, trade Pau/Nash

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    that's not the relevant image you should be posting
    Not quite relevant either:

Last edited by PickernRoller; 07-11-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    So he wants to be the face of the franchise and the only superstar on the team but, he still wants to compete for a championship. Then he decides to go to Houston where Harden's the face of the franchise. Wtf does this guy want?

Who knows with that clown. If he's your no1 option on offense you're going to have a bad time

This is like the perfect spill your hate and fustration thread for Laker fans

Been tough for you guys the last 12 or so months, I'd never thought I would say Laker fans would face one thing after another fustration for an extended period before.

What used to be the prestige and history of being a "Laker" of the past and being run by the most successful owner ever in Jerry Buss, is now looking more like an unstable and unknown franchise run by Jim who players don't have the same kind of respect for, making one blunder after another.

Now, I know alot of you guys say that you will turn it all around and still be the same dominating franchise, but how can you be so sure with Jim running the show? And things like losing Howard and not hiring Phil happening?

I don't know, Jim seems to be a big problem there...

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    that's not the relevant image you should be posting
    So Dwight could see into the future?

He wanted Kobe out before the injury.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

In 2004, Kobe demanded the Lakers get rid of Shaq or he wasn't resigning.

Dr Buss traded Shaq, and then Kobe re-signed the very next day after Shaq was traded.

If Dr Buss was alive, he would have amnestied Kobe, re-signed Dwight (the future), and built around him.

Instead, the Lakers are stuck with an injured 35 year old egomaniac and no future.

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
    Well they should have amnestied Kobe. It was a poor decision on the part of the Lakers to side with Kobe over Dwight. I could understand it back when Kobe was in his prime to chose him over Shaq. But Kobe is pretty much done and clown or not LA needed Howard.
    That's just stupid. Kobe has been carrying the team the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    In 2004, Kobe demanded the Lakers get rid of Shaq or he wasn't resigning.

Dr Buss traded Shaq, and then Kobe re-signed the very next day after Shaq was traded.

If Dr Buss was alive, he would have amnestied Kobe, re-signed Dwight (the future), and built around him.

Instead, the Lakers are stuck with an injured 35 year old egomaniac and no future.
    Dwight wont win a ring until he learns to makes his fts

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Dwight wont win a ring
    fixed

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    So he wants to be the face of the franchise and the only superstar on the team but, he still wants to compete for a championship. Then he decides to go to Houston where Harden's the face of the franchise. Wtf does this guy want?
    Howard is already the man on Houston. Give me a ****ing break with the "Harden is the face" talk.

Very good NBA starter

If you wanted to be "the man", why not stay in ORL?

If you want "to win", why don't you wanna play with one of the best players in the league and a guy who has already won it all 5 times?

If you want Kobe to "pass the torch", why are you mocking him behind his back and talking trash to teammates about him? Why are you going through so many stretches of complete disinterest? Why are you complaining about touches even though you're getting more post-up touches than any player in the league other than Al Jefferson? Why are you refusing to run the P&R? You really think Kobe is going to want to hand the torch to somebody like this?

Dude is a complete joke.

I can understand Howard's frustration with the "passing of the torch" and don't blame him for leaving LA at all. Most in his situation probably would have gone to Houston after what happened last season. Although, I do think him wanting LA to amnesty Kobe and trade away Pau and Nash is a little much.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kobeef24
    I can understand Howard's frustration with the "passing of the torch" and don't blame him for leaving LA at all. Most in his situation probably would have gone to Houston after what happened last season. Although, I do think him wanting LA to amnesty Kobe and trade away Pau and Nash is a little much.
    Shaq was traded when he was a 3x Finals MVP because Kobe threatened to leave LA if they didn't get rid of Shaq.

Dr. Buss sided with the younger Kobe and traded Shaq, and kept his future player.

Now, the Lakers made a huge mistake. They sided with the older washed up injured 35 yr old player, and let their younger star, their future walk away.

There was actually a chance for Chris Paul to go to the Lakers if Dwight was there and Kobe was gone.

Now the Lakers have no future. And Kobe wants the max contract again.
    Last edited by 3LiftHeatCurse; 07-11-2013 at 08:38 AM.

The Lakers should have released Bryant under the amnesty. It might have been good for the league. It would have perhaps solidified the notion from here on out that players should be primarily concerned about themselves and their future while not forgetting to approach the NBA as a business. I think it would have also instantly countered the logic of the criticisms and negative sentiments that are expressed when players demand to be traded. Such an amnesty would have been the ultimate business over sentiment move.

As for how it would work out with the Lakers... their viewership and earnings would take a major hit.

Now a Cavs fan again

I feel sorry for Kobe stans so blinded by their loyalty to their hero that they refuse to accept that he basically ruined their future. Dwight is a rare talent entering the prime years of his career. He is a game changer defensively this league hasn't seen in years.

Kobe on the other hand is an aging volume shooter who doesn't quite impact the game the way a true superstar does (not anymore at least). We'll see who was more important when the Rockets meet the Heat in the Finals and the Lakers are headed for the lottery led by Kobe.

Dwight

Kobe haters

All I have to say about that