Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: The 2013 Nets = The 2012 Lakers

The Nets will be better than this. They are a playoff team. I'd even wager they are a top five seed (four might be stretching it if they keep losing). But this isn't a title contender, because they are old and slow, and because they have too many guys (Lopez included) who have injury issues. AK47 misses 20 games a year, and another 10-15 he's nicked. Deron is always nicked it seems. Lopez is a bad step away from being out months. And KG, PP and Terry are really ****ing old. They have a shitload of talent, but depth doesn't help in the playoffs when you need your top 7/8 ready to go.

For some reason everyone expected the Nets to easily overcome the age of their roster, not have injuries and with a rookie coach jell quickly into a title contender. That's a lot of things that don't normally occur having to occur.

It's the same thing as the Knicks, to be a contender A to F must occur, we just have a different A to F. It's just too much to expect. And (also like the Knicks) digging a hole is a problem if you have injury issues because you need to dig out shorthanded.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    That was an oddly personal attack, considering I think that post will be 100% proven right.

Seems the guy who needs to do the attacking is the insecure one, eh?
    Are you Toronto last year Bargs or Toronto 2 years ago bargs or last few games Bargs (but not Atlanta game). Might have been a compliment...

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The Nets will be better than this. They are a playoff team. I'd even wager they are a top five seed (four might be stretching it if they keep losing). But this isn't a title contender, because they are old and slow, and because they have too many guys (Lopez included) who have injury issues. AK47 misses 20 games a year, and another 10-15 he's nicked. Deron is always nicked it seems. Lopez is a bad step away from being out months. And KG, PP and Terry are really ****ing old. They have a shitload of talent, but depth doesn't help in the playoffs when you need your top 7/8 ready to go.

For some reason everyone expected the Nets to easily overcome the age of their roster, not have injuries and with a rookie coach jell quickly into a title contender. That's a lot of things that don't normally occur having to occur.

It's the same thing as the Knicks, to be a contender A to F must occur, we just have a different A to F. It's just too much to expect. And (also like the Knicks) digging a hole is a problem if you have injury issues because you need to dig out shorthanded.
    It's not all this. It's plain and simple...the third quarters and third quarters alone. The Nets would be 8-2 had they won every third quarter so far. It's not like the Nets are playing awful for an entire game. It's just that damn third quarter when they go to shit and it's 99.9% of the reason why they are 3-7.

Quote Originally Posted by niko

I still think they get the #4 seed unless Atlanta keeps it up.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    It's not all this. It's plain and simple...the third quarters and third quarters alone. The Nets would be 8-2 had they won every third quarter so far. It's not like the Nets are playing awful for an entire game. It's just that damn third quarter when they go to shit and it's 99.9% of the reason why they are 3-7.
    You talk about the fourth, getting wiped out in the third and coming back in the fourth and still losing means nothing except the team took their foot off the pedal. Essentially the Nets are a bad 2nd half team.

I still stand by they play too fast and too frantic for a team whose center is enormous and who have a bunch of older rotation players.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    I still think they get the #4 seed unless Atlanta keeps it up.
    Based off what? The Nets need to get the 4 seed based on their play and their play shows no indication of even making the playoffs. We can't pray for Atlanta to suck. Nets are going to be 10 games under .500 very soon and force a contraction. Next week we have LA ( Kobe likely to play), then Houston then Memphis. Three likely losses in a row.

This team has been sorely egregious.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Based off what? The Nets need to get the 4 seed based on their play and their play shows no indication of even making the playoffs. We can't pray for Atlanta to suck. Nets are going to be 10 games under .500 very soon and force a contraction. Next week we have LA ( Kobe likely to play), then Houston then Memphis. Three likely losses in a row.

This team has been sorely egregious.
    Based upon the fact they play in the East.

Indy
    Miami
    Chicago
    Brooklyn
    Atlanta
    NY
    Charlotte
    Detroit

is my guess.

Right now we have 7 losses, but are only 1.5 game out of the 4 seed because we only need to win the Atlantic and Philly has 6 losses.

Actually, half the league (15 teams) has 6 or more losses.

We are fine and I tend to be rather pessimistic.
    This trolling makes me laugh. The Knicks are so bad and have even less hope than us so they create thread like this.

Sucks for my boys Pierce and KG, but hey I guess the more lotto picks the better

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Sucks for my boys Pierce and KG, but hey I guess the more lotto picks the better
    If this season went totally south (Lopez got hurt, something that just tanked any title possibility even if things went well), I think KG retires. PP, he likes it but KG without the chase isn't going to be happy.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Nah theyll get it together and then everyone will be praising Pierce and KG for being the guys that righted the ship and blah blah blah.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Not like the Knicks are any better

Banned

Nets are hot garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Not like the Knicks are any better
    But to be fair, no one considers us contenders and just about everyone predicts us to have a worse record this yr than last while the Nets are the new super-team that's supposed to at least make it to an ECF.

how many more games till we crown op as ISH nostradamus?