Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Lance Armstrong is spot on(Re: James PEDs debate)

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    That being said, if it's HGH for recovery in the offseason, I couldn't care less and actually support its use when players are hurt/in the offseason. Pretty silly for it to be banned as of yet since the side effects seem to be unknown (someone correct me if in wrong), but unless there's proof that it negatively impacts players' lives down the line it's completely asinine for it to not be permitted. Just another medical procedure that helps guys heal (and one if the best at doing so).
    It matters because it gives them an unfair advantage over the players who aren't using it because it's banned.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    It matters because it gives them an unfair advantage over the players who aren't using it because it's banned.
    But I'm saying, why not remove the ban?

Apologies if I was unclear. I don't think it should be used while banned, but the ban should be lifted.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

So you're telling me that LeBron James, the best basketball player in the world, the most famous basketball player right now, a 4 time MVP, a 2 time Gold Olympian, a 2 time Champ and 2 time Finals MVP is doping? If there was any indication of him taking illegal drugs it would have been brought up already. No way the most popular player playing for the back to back champions is taking PEDs.

Lance should pay more attention to Chris Froome, the current king of his "clean" sport.

The guy is so juiced that the EPO is coming out of his eyes and he looks drugged whenever he speaks

Guy even needed to "get a oxygen" when he finished the stage today. I would say blood infusion to prevent drug poisoning.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    So you're telling me that LeBron James, the best basketball player in the world, the most famous basketball player right now, a 4 time MVP, a 2 time Gold Olympian, a 2 time Champ and 2 time Finals MVP is doping? If there was any indication of him taking illegal drugs it would have been brought up already. No way the most popular player playing for the back to back champions is taking PEDs.
    Not that I think he's necessarily on something (I don't), but how would any of that preclude him from use? The NBA is notoriously behind the curve with regards to testing, and if he was using (again, I'm not accusing him) it would be easy enough to skip a cycle before/during the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    No way the most popular player playing for the back to back champions is taking PEDs.
    People are still that naive after Lance? What, is basketball supposed to be a clean sport, unlike MLB? If PEDs help baseball players, track athletes, and cyclists, don't you think they would help basketball players?

It's weird. We seem to care deeply if someone on the track, the road or the diamond is juicing. We don't seem to care much at all if it's football or basketball.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RagaZ
    http://www.twitter.com/lancearmstron...8392622080?p=v

So true. The American media is too afraid to get into these speculations. They fear that people will lose interest, which means less $$$$.
    Yet, baseball, which is considered to be a bigger sport than basketball went through a big media scrutiny over PEDs.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Yet, baseball, which is considered to be a bigger sport than basketball went through a big media scrutiny over PEDs.
    LMAO yea right... baseball hasnt been bigger than basketball since the 60s, chump.

if anything, the steroid scandals give baseball MUCH NEEDED attention. damn you are foolish.

Earned not given

Says who?

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Side effects are impossible to know because they make brand new drugs everyday and they're usually designed specifically for an athletes body. A drug can be designed for one player only. Personally, I have no problem with use for recovery and honestly don't care if you use it for performance. I don't want kids doing it the same way I don't want kids drinking or smoking but when you're old enough and not developing...why not?

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    People are still that naive after Lance? What, is basketball supposed to be a clean sport, unlike MLB? If PEDs help baseball players, track athletes, and cyclists, don't you think they would help basketball players?

It's weird. We seem to care deeply if someone on the track, the road or the diamond is juicing. We don't seem to care much at all if it's football or basketball.
    Well I just don't think it's very likely that he's doping. We won't know for sure until he undergoes tests.

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Side effects are impossible to know
    No it's not... look at Wade's jaw. That's a side effect.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    LMAO yea right... baseball hasnt been bigger than basketball since the 60s, chump.

if anything, the steroid scandals give baseball MUCH NEEDED attention. damn you are foolish.
    Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    Says who?
    The MLB makes like twice as much as the NBA does in profit, if not more. It's a much more lucrative sport with much more money pumped into it.

Yet, baseball, which is considered to be a bigger sport than basketball
    Dude, seriously? Baseball is irrelevant until the playoffs (LOL at 180 regular season games). It's on par with hockey in terms of "popularity". I'd say it's just a few notches above Major League Soccer.

NFL (by a wide margin) > NBA > MLB == NHL > MLS

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

The MLB makes like twice as much as the NBA does in profit, if not more. It's a much more lucrative sport with much more money pumped into it.
    I guarantee the only reason they make more is because they literally have twice as many games. I'm sure the ratings for the NBA are much higher