Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Trayvon Martin: The Movie being discussed for 2015 release

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    OP didn't write that.
    Am disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    OP didn't write that.
    I meant the original post not the original poster, the content. Is OP always referring to the user and not the post? Sucks he didn't write it though. Where did it come from?

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    OP's post was exaggerated. Its based on the image that the media tried to sell of trayvon. Media showed a picture of a 12 year old trayvon when they were first talking about the story.

We later found out how he was 17 years old and tall and athletic. Also we found out that he wasn't the perfect angle the media initially reported. None of that is all that relevant, as Trayvon never didnt anything deserving of being killed. Its just that the media was super biased toward him.

A realistic version of the movie imo, would show a teen with some problems in school, that enjoyed weed and fighting and cussed a lot. But it would also show Zimmerman as a guy who racially profiled him and thought he was a criminal because of his appearance. At some point yes Trayvon fought zim and got the upper-hand.
    Since you are one of the more balanced articulate guys that says Trayvon's past should be attacked... Just curious as to why you still only present the negatives of Trayvon? Should the movie show Zim fighting a cop? Terrorizing his East Indian coworker calling him a terroist? Bullying girlfriends/fiances? At least two neighbors saying he didn't like black people? Being fired from his security job for being too aggressive with patrons? Fiance going to the police station getting a restraining order. Heck even Zim molesting his niece?

How four people now have brought up cases against him and all four have backed down including a police officer? Zim being a notorious liar? Four people saying he was very confrontational: A neighbor, a co-worker, a boss, an ex-fiance'- who else do you need? Wife and wife's dad, yeah, got them too. Being unemployed riding a gas guzzler and his wife having left him yet again for another weekend when the stuff went down but you all over Trayvon's height and him fighting a lot.

Zim's past is much more relevant in the narrative. Without Zim's attitude/aggression/dislikes and profiling there is no story. Trayvon was doing no wrong and RAN to evade Zim by Zim's own account.

'Speaking to TMZ last week, the 43-year-old hip-hop star said he would make sure he broke every rule in boxing “to make sure I f**k him right up”. He also threatened to urinate in his opponent’s face if he won.'

[QUOTE=Dresta]'Speaking to TMZ last week, the 43-year-old hip-hop star said he would make sure he broke every rule in boxing

Starface let DMX pee on him one time. He said it smelled like vitamins.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Flash88
    Travyon, played by Jaden Smith, is shown at school, raising his hand in lit class. The wise Hispanic teacher, played by Antonio Banderas, calls on him. Trayvon stand up and recites lines of Shakespeare in a hip, cool, but moving rap. As he sits down Banderas smiles and nods at him with a wise, knowing approval.

Trayvon is seen hanging out after school on the lush greens of the front school yard with his friends, featuring the girl who played Precious, plus a mix of races: a white blonde girl, a Hispanic kid, an Urkel-looking black nerd, a white kid with his hat on backwards. A veritable Burger King Kids Club.

Cut to a dark apartment, where Zimmerman, played by Luis Guzman, is doing pull-ups, with the words FEAR and HATE inked on his knuckles. He then practices shooting his empty gun at himself in a mirror. "You talking to me?" Guzman says. "You in MY neighborhood?" He then sits down to watch Birth of a Nation.

Cut to Trayvon at home, at the dinner table with his parents, played by Jamie Foxx and Maya Angelou. They discuss Tray's future plans of being an airline pilot. "It's a mighty big responsibility," Jamie Foxx says. "Having all those souls onboard." "I know," Jaden/Tray says. "I want to be like Sully some day though."

After dinner his little brother asks him if he can go get some candy and tea. Even though it's raining out, Tray agrees. In slow-mo he zips up his hoody, pulled from the dryer.

Cut to Zimmerman patrolling the streets as rain pours on his uncovered head. He does tuck-and-rolls across neighbors' lawns, pulling out his gun and pointing it at dark shadows. A cat crosses his path and he fires at it. He chuckles mercilessly.

"Keep the change," Tray says with a smile to the woman working at the convenience store. With the snacks for his brother he walks out of the store, not before passing by a magazine with Sully on the cover. Tray smiles.

Cut to Trayvon skipping down the sidewalk. A group of multicultural young males is there smoking pot. "You wanna get high?" one asks. "No," Trayvon answers, "then I'll never be able to be a pilot." He continues to skip down the path and eventually enters the condo complex.

As Trayvon turns a corner, a sweaty and enraged Zimmerman emerges from the shadows. "Where do you think you're going, ******?"

Trayvon stumbles on his words and tries to answer but is silenced when Zim cold cocks himself with the gun and starts beating himself on the back of his own head. "Help! Help! Somebody help me!" Zimmerman screams.

"Please sir, I just want to return home to my brother and finish my homework," Trayvon pleads.

"That's too bad," Zimmerman says. He then empties his entire gun cartridge into the baby-faced teen. "It looks like your dog ate it.
    "

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Raymone
    Starface let DMX pee on him one time. He said it smelled like vitamins.

NBA Superstar

You forgot the part where Guzman/Zimmerman drives off with a "Bush Cheney" Bumper sticker
    Last edited by russwest0; 04-21-2014 at 12:06 AM.