Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: BREAKING: Heat will amnesty Mike Miller today

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Joel barely played last playoffs whereas Miller was co-hero in the clinching game last year and picked up for Wade+Battier when they were struggling.

First WTF move by Pat 'Godfather' Riley.
    Wasn't Riley's call. In fact, he had said they wouldn't amnesty anyone. Obviously got overruled by the owner (who bitched big time about the luxury tax penalties during the CBA negotiations).

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Joel barely played last playoffs whereas Miller was co-hero in the clinching game last year and picked up for Wade+Battier when they were struggling.

First WTF move by Pat 'Godfather' Riley.

It wasn't Pat's decision, he clearly expressed that he wanted to keep Miller and the rest of the team intact.

I usually hit open layups

I remember seeing a lot of Heat fans saying Arison would be willing to pay the tax. (Maybe that was another forum)nWell this proves he isn't. Only one true baller in the NBA. The Russian.

He's done in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by protox
    I remember seeing a lot of Heat fans saying Arison would be willing to pay the tax. (Maybe that was another forum)nWell this proves he isn't. Only one true baller in the NBA. The Russian.
    More like deep pockets, mafia style!

And this is why i was against Knicks signing mwp. If you gonna sign him, at least sign him when there's nobody else.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    Wasn't Riley's call. In fact, he had said they wouldn't amnesty anyone. Obviously got overruled by the owner (who bitched big time about the luxury tax penalties during the CBA negotiations).
    Jesus isn't the Heat owner a billionaire? Guy should learn from Prokorov, stop being such a cheapass over millions when you will make it back in no time. If the Heat don't 3peat because some big time shooter was missing it will be a shame.

I'm guessing Miami got another guard lined up? Mo Williams?

Feck, I loved Mike Miller. Best 3 point shooter in the league, that 3 pointer of his was so clean. Teams would be stupid not to get him.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Thank god, probably the purest shooter in the league. One of the contenders will pick him up.

If the Nets beat the Heat, some funny memes can be created with Prokorov laughing at Arison with some text saying "I got 99 problems but the luxury tax ain't one".

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Jesus isn't the Heat owner a billionaire? Guy should learn from Prokorov, stop being such a cheapass over millions when you will make it back in no time. If the Heat don't 3peat because some big time shooter was missing it will be a shame.
    Yeah but Prokorov is about 4 times the billionaire that Arison is.

Wonder if thismmeans miami uses their MLE

He is, but he's extremely cheap and was bitching about the luxury tax all the time. The big 3 and their success with all these championships and finals appearances, and obviously having Lebron was making him so much freakin' money. Keeping Mike Miller who was one of the gang and part of this whole thing since the beginning and who was a contributor to the last championship should have been easy for him.

Believe me, Prokhorov is watching this and is getting a boner about the possibility of getting Lebron next year. His willingness to pay will interest Lebron.

Huh? He is duh.. Hense why the big 3 are still together.

NBA sixth man of the year

I'd tend to agree when you're talking about a championship franchise, but it's also not my $15 million dollars to save. That's usually how guys like that get and stay rich.

I think everyone understands that Mike Miller isn't worth 6+ million a year considering he's worthless in the regular season and most of the playoffs, but he does show up in the Finals. Guys like that are who really win you championships. The stars are always going to carry the team, it's the guys like Miller that make big plays to put you over the top. Joel Anthony was giving them NOTHING. I get that he wants to save some money. Probably couldn't have met Riley (didn't want to amnesty anyone) halfway and done Anthony.