Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default I Honestly Feel Basketball Isn't The Same After Seeing LeBron

There will never be another player like him in NBA history. By far the most exciting player in NBA history imo. The combination of elite defense, 3pt shooting, slashing, playmaking, historically good playoff games (Headband game, Cramp game, Game 5 Detroit, Game 6 Boston, etc.) It's literally gotten to the point that I find everyone in the league absolutely boring. I am hoping Wiggins is the real deal for the sake of entertainment. It's going to be an awful day for the league when this man retires.

Default Re: I Honestly Feel Basketball Isn't The Same After Seeing LeBron

i honestly feel basketball isnt the same after seeing boris diaw shut down the best player in the game

Saw a basketball once

burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Local High School Star

Silk not even hiding his gay love for Lebron now Guy sits around all day in his basement paradise thinking about his true love Lebron

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    i honestly feel basketball isnt the same after seeing boris diaw shut down the best player in the game
    All I remember is LeBron's Headband Game, one of the best Game 7s in sports history, and winning Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    There will never be another player like him in NBA history. By far the most exciting player in NBA history imo. The combination of elite defense, 3pt shooting, slashing, playmaking, historically good playoff games (Headband game, Cramp game, Game 5 Detroit, Game 6 Boston, etc.) It's literally gotten to the point that I find everyone in the league absolutely boring. I am hoping Wiggins is the real deal for the sake of entertainment. It's going to be an awful day for the league when this man retires.
    Let me get this straight, because it's one thing to be a stan of a player so much that you actually talk trash about his team and teammates surrounding him. But this is a whole new level of stan-dom that I've never seen before... Are you actually telling everyone that you are not even a fan of basketball, ONLY a fan of Lebron James? Because a basketball fan does not find everyone in the league to be "boring" - a basketball fan loves basketball played at the NBA level, period. But your actually saying right here right now, that all you care about is Lebron and everything else is boring and your not interested in it?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    All I remember is LeBron's Headband Game, one of the best Game 7s in sports history, and winning Finals.
    Amazing clutch performance in Game 7! I think he had 18 points in the 4th quarter and OT in Game 6!

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    Amazing clutch performance in Game 7! I think he had 18 points in the 4th quarter and OT in Game 6!
    Simply amazing. Still in awe of those last two games.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Let me get this straight, because it's one thing to be a stan of a player so much that you actually talk trash about his team and teammates surrounding him. But this is a whole new level of stan-dom that I've never seen before... Are you actually telling everyone that you are not even a fan of basketball, ONLY a fan of Lebron James? Because a basketball fan does not find everyone in the league to be "boring" - a basketball fan loves basketball played at the NBA level, period. But your actually saying right here right now, that all you care about is Lebron and everything else is boring and your not interested in it?
    I'm a fan for life of the game. But no one else can do what Lebron does. We have seen the best do it. It might be a long time before he is ever topped. Maybe forever

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    Silk not even hiding his gay love for Lebron now Guy sits around all day in his basement paradise thinking about his true love Lebron
    It's a really nice basement though.

He's kind of a coward. All the natural talent in the world, but like the cowardly lion (his logo) he doesn't have the heart of some of the more likeable players I've ever seen in terms of competitive intangibles: Jordan, Iverson, etc.

The whole going to Miami thing was pretty bogus. He had the stage set in his hometown of Cleveland to live out a story book tale, every boy dreams up of living as an athlete. It was a soft move. His passiveness at times is also alarming.

But at the end of the day, he's been the savior of modern basketball for America. He's the best player I've seen since prime Jordan. The best HS player I've ever seen, by far. Ready for the league both in body and skill by 17 or 18 years old. He's a basketball switch army knife. 6'8, PF sized PG ... who moves with the fluidity and handle of a guard, extremely athletic like he was created in a lab or from another planet.

Great decision maker, and passer. Willing to get teammates involved. A 6'8, smart, efficient, rebounding version of Stephon Marbury almost.

Can score at an elite level as well. Defends PG - PF, at an exceptional level. Great team, rotations defender. Basically an evolutionary basketball melting pot of all that came before him: Magic, Pippen, Hill, Penny, McGrady and a dash of MJ. He's a top five all-time talent, and his resume will probably put him top five all-time as well.

LeBron was the guy who bridged the gap between the post MJ era of stars who played at times extremely selfish. LeBron could pass, and basically re-integrated that into superstar's games. A dash of Bird and Magic there. Which was great to see. He also helped bring out nation in international competition back to the prominence it once wise while bringing in the ability to pass. Which IMO is his most redeeming and dangerous weapon as a player.

As for Andrew Wiggins? I don't believe the hype yet. He hasn't been as impressive to me as LeBron was in HS. His handle and passing ability leaves a lot to be desired, let alone on LeBron's level at that age.

Sunshine State

He's actually pretty boring to watch.

Love Live Life

This guy Silkk is on another level.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    He's actually pretty boring to watch.
    I agree, I think Steph Curry is much more fun to watch than Lebron.

MJ changed the game. I watched him when I was very young with my dad, I was a Laker fan and didn't like Kobe at first because I thought no way this kid was going to be the next MJ. I grew to love Kobe, and he is really fun to watch, probably the second most fun player to watch in his prime.

MJ however, was on another level. He was exciting and inspired such confidence and he almost always backed it up.

There hasn't been a player that can guard all 5 positions like Lebron. We will probably never see that again.