Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: What is your IQ?

someone should find a ''reliable'' IQ test online that we can all pass and compare the results. Something that wouldnt take too long.

   

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    someone should find a ''reliable'' IQ test online that we can all pass and compare the results. Something that wouldnt take too long.
    if you're going to go to that trouble, you should make sure it's in accord with the wechsler II and stanford-binet. because then the results would be useful outside of ISH.

where can you find the best one online ?

I suppose the one would be something from "which figure follows next" series. Those excercises are universal and fairly descriptive... Anything else online might not be a professional tool and have countless flaws in them. I mean if you can get them free it's probably not a real tool.

Apparently the average for Americans is 98 - http://www.statisticbrain.com/countr...st-average-iq/

I don't know my IQ but I would be willing to bet I'm probably slightly above average with like 100-110 IQ. Mental intelligence isn't my strength, it's definitely physical intelligence... but my IQ is definitely higher today than it was when I was in High School (age 25 now).

I'd be willing to bet most of the posters here have slightly above IQ's as well. Most of us are probably fairly well off and raised in similar environments which has a lot to do with IQ scores.

5-time NBA All-Star

Who saw the movie Prisoners?

Why did they keep saying that Alex who had a 10 year IQ and henceforth could not ride the RV or answer basic questions? What teh fuuk.

Last tiem I fukking checked a motor skill is a motor skill and its fairly easy to learn.

Fukkin 5 year olds are competently playing Gran Turismo 3.

Surely they can translate that sh!t into real life autmobiles.

코비=GOAT

Iq tests were designed to identify cognitive deficiencies. Scores for people that are average or above average have no meaningful conclusion except that they are proficient with the skills required for that specific iq test.
    Last edited by shlver; 10-07-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Anyone that typed 135 and above is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
    Everyone on ISH is an intellectual prodigy. Also, we all have huge penises.

Somewhere around 140-145, but it has been a long time. I have a certificate somewhere. I am quite sure I got dumber though.

Banned

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

My IQ is infinity [COLOR="White"]plus 1.[/COLOR]

Local High School Star lpublic_enemyl's Avatar

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    Iq tests were designed to identify cognitive deficiencies. Scores for people that are average or above average have no meaningful conclusion except that they are proficient with the skills required for that specific iq test.
    But the test is made up of a number of sub-tests that measure a fairly broad range of abilities. Obviously no test is going to measure every facet of human cognitive ability, but the IQ test is reasonably broad in terms of what it is measuring. A "specific IQ test" isn't just a few memory and comprehension questions. And part of the purpose of having a lot of sub-tests is that even if someone is proficient at one or even several sub-tests they won't be proficient at all of them (on average).

The important bit isn't the throwaway line "IQ tests only measures how well someone can do on an IQ test" because they do provide us with more information than that - even at the high end. But rather that a score on an IQ test does not necessarily tell you everything you need to know about that person's current or future ability or situation. An IQ test should be used alongside other measures and records.
    Last edited by miller-time; 10-08-2013 at 10:05 PM.