Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Default so should this lady be indicted too?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3635097.html

video in link

[QUOTE]In a surprise twist to an already brazen killing, a woman who fatally shot a man in public at a gas station also apparently videotaped the victim as he lay dying on the ground.

The altercation between the victim, Daniel Lewis, and an unnamed woman occurred around 7 p.m. Sunday evening at a gas station on Houston's southeast side, according to local ABC affiliate KTRK.

In an argument captured on surveillance camera, Lewis and the woman appear to argue for a few minutes before she pulls what police believe to be a .22-caliber rifle out of her car and shoots Lewis several times at close range.

After shooting Lewis, the woman in the video then pulls out a camera phone and records the scene, according to Houston station KHOU. The woman eventually left the scene, but a witness recorded her license plate and police were able to track her down. She is currently being held for questioning, although no charges have yet been filed, according to KHOU.

"My brother is harmless, he's harmless and he wouldn't have hurt her. He wouldn't have hurt nobody," a man identifying himself as Lewis' brother told KHOU. "She just didn't know him, you know. Because if she'd have known my brother, she'd have known that Poochie wouldn't have hurt nobody.

Default Re: so should this lady be indicted too?

in texas, if you are white and kill a non white person, you can borderline get away with murder

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    in texas, if you are white and kill a non white person, you can borderline get away with murder
    watch the video

Texas, nothing to see here.

shooting at him should be the last resort i don't see why she couldn't have gotten away

so the legal expert in the video explained that the person did not need to get away and is justified in using deadly force if she believes her life is in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    shooting at him should be the last resort i don't see why she couldn't have gotten away
    there is no duty to retreat

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

He swung first. That's an undeniable fact, and relating to the Martin case the mere speculation that Martin started it was enough to keep Zimmerman free. So I don't see how the woman is convicted of anything, maybe you can say she didn't need to fire more than once but that's not much of an argument.

And on a practical, "let me not get myself killed" front, if you see thatrifle you should probably back off. He brought the proverbial knife to a gun fight.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Her taping his death is real weird though.

He hit her first and it's on video. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Her taping his death is real weird though.
    yeah, that was pretty creepy.

anyways, it's fairly obvious that the lady was within her right. i'm just wondering what everyone thinks about stand your ground laws in this context.

Decent college freshman

Totally justified, textbook self defense and a good example of what Stand Your Ground law was intended to be

Filming a dead body is weird though. What are you gonna do, post the pics on Instagram?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Totally justified, textbook self defense and a good example of what Stand Your Ground law was intended to be

Filming a dead body is weird though. What are you gonna do, post the pics on Instagram?
    She didnt know she was on film, probably wanted proof he had a knife on him.

Totally innocent imo. he hit her, and who knows what he wanted to do. Who hits a chick for turn him down?

In texas stand your ground laws are in effect, combined with the clear video tape she wont be charged. I dont think there is going to be huge political pressure to charge her either.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    He swung first. That's an undeniable fact, and relating to the Martin case the mere speculation that Martin started it was enough to keep Zimmerman free. So I don't see how the woman is convicted of anything, maybe you can say she didn't need to fire more than once but that's not much of an argument.

And on a practical, "let me not get myself killed" front, if you see thatrifle you should probably back off. He brought the proverbial knife to a gun fight.
    Who swings on someone with a rifle?