Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Stephen A Smith had the rumors flowing today....

The world according to Stephen A Smith....he basically said this is what he's hearing, he's not sure what will hapen, so don't ask him. He's just letting us all know..

1) Melo is 50/50 to return to Knicks. Lala loves LA, Melo likes LA, Melo is not sure what Knicks will look like year after, always random chance Lebron could go to LA with Melo. Segways to....
    2) Lebron is possible to Cleveland. However, there is a small chance (he's told people) that he might consider the Knicks if they could clear cap room, lose Melo. (Yes, we are starting this again.) However Lebron may want to stay with Heat until Riley retires...
    3) again at which point the Knicks would be a strong consideration. (Note: I don't believe for a second this WILL happen, just reporting what was said.)
    4) Lebron's main draw in Miami is Riley, his main draw to Cleveland is settling accounts with people he wronged, his main draw to NY is the stage at MSG with the Knicks. (Sorry Brooklyn...you were not mentioned in this cluster**** of rumors.) IF he comes to NY btw, there was a long list of things the Knicks must change. So if you suddenly see the media policy at NY change and Allan Houston get a more prominent role as GM, then maybe some of this is true as these are things Lebron would like.)
    5) Wade is going to retire in two years so he wants Lebron to stay till then.

Yes, this was all discussed. Fire away.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

Default Re: Stephen A Smith had the rumors flowing today....

Stephen A is just grasping at straws to grab attention.

I would give one year of my salary to spend 20 mins embarrassing these fools in front of the American audience.

I can't see any of that happening.

Wade retiring at 32/33?
    Bron to NY? What for? He knows joining more teams in the middle of his prime will look weird for his legacy.
    For that reason the only move I see happening is Miami or Cleveland, and I just don't see Cleveland as a possible destination after what happened.

NBA lottery pick

Stephen A is deep in the entourage game. His word is almost as good as Woj when it comes to these rumors.

I thought the Melo stuff had some logic although he badly misquoted Melo (he took the same Melo denial from last week and made it sound anything but). Then he started with the Lebron stuff which was all over and just pulled from the air IMO.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

Wade retiring at 32/33?
    Bron to NY? What for? He knows joining more teams in the middle of his prime will look weird for his legacy.
    For that reason the only move I see happening is Miami or Cleveland, and I just don't see Cleveland as a possible destination after what happened.
    Nothing tops joining forces with two other all-stars. He doesn't care at this point what people think. He probably won't even wear a headband next year.

Wade retiring at 32/33?

If wade retiring has any tread it has to be because he feels like his body can't hold up at such a young age. That's all I can think of

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    I would give one year of my salary to spend 20 mins embarrassing these fools in front of the American audience.

I'd give up one year of my salary to see that happen

Could you imagine these shock reporters having a random guy call them out and embarass them on national TV? Shit would be hilarious

He knows absolutely nothing. Why even bother listening to him.

It's too late for Lebron to come to Knicks anyway. James Dolan would not want him. Lebron had his chance and didn't take it. Lebron is dead to Dolan.

I really don't think Lebron is leaving Miami.

Wade retiring at 32/33?
    It's a small possibility.

I have no doubt Cleveland would welcome him back with open arms if he decided to come back and help them win a title.

The look on yourface would be priceless if you found out Lebron was leaving

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    It's a small possibility.

I have no doubt Cleveland would welcome him back with open arms if he decided to come back and help them win a title.

The look on yourface would be priceless if you found out Lebron was leaving
    Meh, wouldn't hate him if he left and played somewhere else like I did before he ever came to Miami. I wouldn't understand the move, but up to him. Its just basketball in the end.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    If wade retiring has any tread it has to be because he feels like his body can't hold up at such a young age. That's all I can think of
    Steroids can only take your body so far.

Why would LeBron be talking about these hypothetical scenarios in the midst of a possible dynasty? Or even thinking about it?

I would be shocked to see LeBron leave Miami in 2014. Absolutely shocked.

It just doesn't make sense to me. I feel he would make the dissipating ill feelings toward him even worse. He would be known as the biggest front runner the league has ever see. A guy with zero integrity or loyalty. A real POS and someone you just can't respect.

If LeBron, for some crazy reason, is actually thinking/talking about this shit, and is actually considering jumping to another team.. then not only is he a paranoid freak with physiological issues, but also a complete and utter moron who's brain never fully developed.