Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Homeowner charged with attempted murder after shooting unarmed black 14-year-old.

So he saw this kid in his driveway.. Kid obviously didn't see him back. He had a free shot at him, and he cocked it at his head. Not even torso straight head shot.

You can't react with force that deadly.. Uneccessary

Default Re: Homeowner charged with attempted murder after shooting unarmed black 14-year-old.

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    nope .. get it through your head .. home is sacred .. don't fk with it .. if you get shot, it's on you .. I'll say it again .. your home is the one place where you should ALWAYS feel safe and secure .. anybody who makes the decision to terrorize someone's home is putting their life on the line .. it's totally on them .. this guy needs to be freed and left alone asap
    Homicide is not justifiable in the act of trespassing under LA law. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Homicide is not justifiable in the act of trespassing under LA law. That's it.
    homicide is always justifiable in the act of trespassing .. don't fk with a man's castle .. it's sacred .. even more so if he has a family .. 'that's not it' .. Louisiana has stand your ground ..

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/...fdefense.laws/

http://thomasvalonzo.com/blog/2013/0...-defense-laws/

"Hazouri says his security cameras allegedly show the 14-year-old scaling his neighbor's fence and eight minutes later the police cars pull up."

"All I know is that Merritt had told his family that he had said: 'Freeze!' and it looked like the guy turned at him and had his hand on his hip.
    not only did he break into a man's domain late at night while the man is with his family .. he then makes a threatening move when told to freeze ..

set this man free so he can return to his family already

the fact that certain people here are actually trying to defend the perp and attacking the homeowner defending his family is quite telling .. I wonder what the rap sheet on some of you looks like

He wasn't in the course or robbing or burglarizing, so no, shooting him was not justified.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23

He wasn't in the course or robbing or burglarizing, so no, shooting him was not justified.
    wtf ? he jumped over a 6' wrought iron spiked fence of a stranger's house at 2 am .. wtf do you think he was doing, looking for easter eggs ? .. he crossed the line just by that act alone ..

I provided you with the law in wriiting .. you don't wanna read it .. that's your problem .. this was 100% unequivocally justified ..

perp jumps a high fence(bypasses a clear deterrent telling him he cannot go in there) .. homeowner steps out and tells him to freeze .. perp doesn't freeze and makes a threatening move .. nothing to see here .. this won't even go to trial .. bet on it

wtf ? he jumped over a 6' wrought iron spiked fence of a stranger's house at 2 am .. wtf do you think he was doing, looking for easter eggs ? .. he crossed the line just by that act alone ..

I provided you with the law in wriiting .. you don't wanna read it .. that's your problem .. this was 100% unequivocally justified ..

perp jumps a high fence(bypasses a clear deterrent telling him he cannot go in there) .. homeowner steps out and tells him to freeze .. perp doesn't freeze and makes a threatening move .. nothing to see here .. this won't even go to trial .. bet on it
    It may not go to trial. Just saying you can't shoot someone for trespassing alone. I don't know all the details.

I've learned better than to argue with your type, though. Peace.

homicide is always justifiable in the act of trespassing .. don't fk with a man's castle .. it's sacred .. even more so if he has a family .. 'that's not it' .. Louisiana has stand your ground ..

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/...fdefense.laws/

http://thomasvalonzo.com/blog/2013/0...-defense-laws/

not only did he break into a man's domain late at night while the man is with his family .. he then makes a threatening move when told to freeze ..

set this man free so he can return to his family already

the fact that certain people here are actually trying to defend the perp and attacking the homeowner defending his family is quite telling .. I wonder what the rap sheet on some of you looks like
    what threatening move exactly? they clearly said the kid was unarmed so lets not act as if he was reaching for a weapon. You do alot of dumb things at 14 because you`re still a kid. Im not excusing his actions but i dont think he deserves to die over this.

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    what threatening move exactly? they clearly said the kid was unarmed so lets not act as if he was reaching for a weapon. You do alot of dumb things at 14 because you`re still a kid. Im not excusing his actions but i dont think he deserves to die over this.
    He deserves to die.

He was on someones lawn at 2am.

THAT IS A DUDES HOUSE! HIS SANCTUARY!

This man had kids and a wife.

Your telling me if a guy is on your lawn at 2am you are going to ask him whats going on? tell him to leave? call the police?

No, you are going to shoot him twice in the head!!

enough with the semantics .. being dumb and stupid doesn't excuse you from this kind of behavior .. he jumped over someone's high fence at 2 in the morning .. as a homeowner, I'm gonna assume you have bad intentions .. he CROSSED THE LINE once he decided to do this .. it's not my job to figure out if you're there for milk and cookies .. it's not about what he 'deserved' .. it's about protecting the house .. the end .. you don't wanna get shot, don't fk with someone's house .. simple

Listening on the radio home tonight they were talking about this. Wound was on the right backside of his head. SPECULATION by the location of the wound is and the blood evidence is he was trying to climb out of the yard when he was shot. That's why the policeman interviewed said the kid was not a threat.

Dude77 : Do you even think before you post?

No way for the shooter to know that though.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    He deserves to die.

He was on someones lawn at 2am.

THAT IS A DUDES HOUSE! HIS SANCTUARY!

This man had kids and a wife.

Your telling me if a guy is on your lawn at 2am you are going to ask him whats going on? tell him to leave? call the police?

No, you are going to shoot him twice in the head!!
    I'm going to invite him in for a game of poker.

And if I start losing, then I shall shoot him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by qrich

I'm going to invite him in for a game of poker.

And if I start losing, then I shall shoot him.
    That's why you are part of that population that should not own a gun. You don't know the difference between a threat or not.

I know you are joking but if you think like this, it's better you just let the gun owners handle things.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    No way for the shooter to know that though.
    Well he atleast knew that the kid was trying to run away and not confront him and he still shot him in the back of the head twice. His lame attempt at an excuse saying the kid did a threatening gesture wont work.

Well he atleast knew that the kid was trying to run away and not confront him and he still shot him in the back of the head twice. His lame attempt at an excuse saying the kid did a threatening gesture wont work.
    He just didn't want the kid to get away.

He wanted to make the kid pay, he didn't feel threatened at all. He was simply angry that some kid was on his property, and when the kid tried to get away, he shot him.