Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: guys with girlfriends or wives

let's be real.

the #1 topic of all guy discussions is pusssy.

since both of you were with your wives, obviously that topic wasn't possible.

he probably thought you were a f@g too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    let's be real.

he probably thought you were a f@g too.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I think the easiest topic is what they do for work.

that's a good one.

Nowadays with the economy so sh*tty and so many people underemployed or unemployed i don't bring up work unless they bring it up first. I don't wanna offend or embarrass anybody.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    who ****ing cares? If you cant find anything else to talk about besides sports or meat, you are a dumbass
    Oh burned...

However, these two guys will agree with you...they too don't trust a man who won't eat a good old fashion hot dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuma
    LOL at all these clowns pretending they're all cultured and have highly intelligent conversations about non-sporting topics on the regular.

If you don't like sport, you will never be an alpha male. Sport is the physical materialisation of the male gender. It's one against the other, it's a competition, it's what makes great people.

I wouldn't even waste my time on such a weak individual.
    If you wanna go that route you, then one could argue watching sports is as beta as it gets. Why would an alpha male watch and cheer on OTHER men? flawed logic.

Yes I enjoy sports but I dont expect everyone else to nor do I think less of anyone who doesn't. I agree however, that sports is an easy ice breaker usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2877
    have you ever been " forced " to hang out with your girls friend and her BF/husband and the guy doesnt like or follow or care at all about sports?

last night I had to hangout with my wifes friend amd her husband

Naturally being a guy I asked " you looking forward to football season? I cant wait. Whose your team? "

his response " I dont follow football. Never been a fan. "

my response - " oh. cool. You a Laker fan? How do you think theyre looking? " ( just trying to make conversation )

his response " no idea. I dont like basketball "

now its really awkward. To top off the night I find out hes a vegan. Not meat at all

so this guy im forced to hang out with doesnt like football, basketball, any sports and is a vegan. Wont eat any meat

I cant trust a man who doesnt like sports and doesnt eat steak or chicken, hell any types of meat

anybody agree?
    Never had that problem, because sports isn't usually a opener for talks with strangers unless its apperent they love basketball or association football.

Vegans, though annoy me from personal experience. If they do it for themselves they are fine most of the time, but some to it to stand on a moral pedestal and those people just suck. Even if they don't admit it they judge you for your archaic behaviour of eating meat. That kills the "groove" of the evening.

Next time talk about the veganism. Feel out if he's a "shove the opinion down the thorat guy" or laid back about it. If the latter show some interest. This should open things up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Vegans, though annoy me from personal experience. If they do it for themselves they are fine most of the time, but some to it to stand on a moral pedestal and those people just suck. Even if they don't admit it they judge you for your archaic behaviour of eating meat. That kills the "groove" of the evening.

I'm sometimes confused by moral vegetarians that don't like "the way" animals are killed by big corporations, yet they still won't eat meat even if it is an animal killed the way they said that it should be killed.

Btw, this really should have been in the Off Court Lounge. Just because of a vague mention of sports does not mean it should fit in the NBA forum.

NBA rookie of the year

Work on your social skills/become more well rounded if the only thing you can talk about with someone else is sports.

Also lots of people men and women dont care about sports at all. Many of them are extremely intelligent and nice people.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2877
    have you ever been " forced " to hang out with your girls friend and her BF/husband and the guy doesnt like or follow or care at all about sports?

last night I had to hangout with my wifes friend amd her husband

Naturally being a guy I asked " you looking forward to football season? I cant wait. Whose your team? "

his response " I dont follow football. Never been a fan. "

my response - " oh. cool. You a Laker fan? How do you think theyre looking? " ( just trying to make conversation )

his response " no idea. I dont like basketball "

now its really awkward. To top off the night I find out hes a vegan. Not meat at all

so this guy im forced to hang out with doesnt like football, basketball, any sports and is a vegan. Wont eat any meat

I cant trust a man who doesnt like sports and doesnt eat steak or chicken, hell any types of meat

anybody agree?
    Obviously he

Saw a basketball once 50_40_90_'s Avatar

On the flip side...

The dude probably judged OP as well...

And thought he was a knuckle dragging neanderthal douchebag because he watches sports and eats meat - typical meathead aging fratboy who high fives his buddies wearing striped shirts untucked.

Not airballing my layups anymore

If you cant communicate with him, beat him. lol

I would ignore him and talk with your wife and her friend..

I never force talking with someone who gives a short answer and never asks back.

These days, kindness doesnt work. He would've started talking if you were bit cocky.

Or maybe he was forced to come too, and hated it more than you did lol.

[QOTE=DCL]let's be real.

he probably thought you were a f@g too.[/QUOTE]

Or talk about tits. Just check out women passing by. Something like that.

need to up your ice breaking convo game bruh. surprisingly op, not all dudes follow sports.