Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Default Re: Was Kobe better than Jordan at any apsect of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Goddamn Kobe even copied the facial expression
    "My favorite player was Magic." ~ Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Better handle, mostly in terms of isolation play with a live dribble, although I would say he's slightly better at most other aspects of dribbling too. Having binged on his highlights lately, I would say he has better footwork too.

never thought I'd see this: Kobe has better footwork than MJ.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Better long range shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I think he could handle the ball better, shoot better, more skilled passer (inb4 explosion), more diverse scoring repertoire.... Just in general, individual skills

Jordan obviously beats him physically. Kobe can't move like Jordan. Doesn't have his physical strength. Doesn't apply his skills in a maximized way. Doesn't apply his skills to team gameplay as much as he could.
    I don't know about the skilled passing and the diverse scoring repertoire. Jordan's repertoire, particularly in before baseball, was insanely diverse.
    Last edited by Stringer Bell; 11-27-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

[QUOTE=rhythmic

Quote Originally Posted by Mirko Cro Cop

There is no scientific evidence suggesting any links b/w HGH use and hair loss. It would be anabolic-androgenic steroids that would cause him to lose his hair, and if he was really on HGH, then he was definitely on the juice.

And so are most top athletes in most sports whether you people like it or not.
    This is true. Actually, what kills your hair follicles is high levels of DHT (dihydrotestosterone). Its converted from testosterone. HGH would have to heighten T levels, but it doesn't do that. However T levels get converted to DHT thus hair follicle miniaturization and eventual complete baldness should hair loss be progressive. Considering that MJ's father was completely bald, its more than likely it was hereditary. If anything, HGH would actually help with hair loss as it could potentially help hair follicles as each individual hair follicle is a single organoid.

Only way MJ could have held onto his hair would have been through the use of DHT inhibitors like Finasteride, more commonly known as propecia. But since that wasn't available until around the mid 90s, it wouldn't have mattered. Minoxidil (active ingredient in Rogaine) could have potentially regrown some, but that wasn't available until late 80s either. By that time, MJ already lost a significant amount of hair. Its likely his hair loss was in a diffuse thinning pattern. Probably noticed it go thin everywhere so he shaved it all off. Where as guys like LeBron* it starts off with the hairline and then creeps back and starts to thin out everywhere else later on. I

Now, putting aside how stupid 9erempiree is and his claims that MJ had small d!ck syndrome, there's no way MJ would have taken Finasteride as it fvcks with hormones, sexual drive and can cause impotence. So he probably valued (as he should) a functioning d!ck rather than his hair. Minoxidil could have also had side effects such as rapid heart beat. Neither are a steroid however NBA could have potentially had regulations on the two and I'm sure team owners/managers would be against the use of Minoxidil considering its potential dangers to an athletes heart.

As for 9erempiree' clueless buttbuddy Trollsmasher, MJ's body in later years developed more as he trained much harder to overcome the Pistons. This is known, but those with an agenda against MJ will say otherwise. I see this often from LeBron* stans but they never say anything about the whopping difference in body size between LeBron* in his first few years vs. his* current years.

In summation: 9erempiree and Trollsmasher are both ignorant fools.
    Last edited by kamil; 11-27-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    I hope you Kobe stans realize how much of a disservice you are doing to your deity Kobe Bryant with all of these futile Jordan comparisons

He isn't as good as Michael Jordan. He just isn't. That is the consensus reality. And no matter how much you try to delude yourselves and delude others into thinking that that's not the case, no matter how many attempts you make to bring up these misguided facts and statistics to aid your argument, he just isn't as great. You all subconsciously know this.

But Kobe is still a legend. He's still one of the most memorable, entertaining, greatest players of all time. He is his own player. And endlessly comparing him to an eve greater player will only make Kobe look worse by comparison. No body cares that player like Bird or Magic haven't accumulated as much acclaim or as many accolades as MJ, because they're still legends in their own right, amazing players who have carved out their own legacies and have established their greatness.

It's the same thing with Kobe. Accept the fact that he is his own legend, and stop making these idiotic comparisons. Quit obsessing over these "all-time GOAT rankings" and just enjoy the game.
    It would have been nicer to just watch Kobe play and enjoy him for what he is instead of all these damn Jordan comparisons. It's like the Jordan worshippers got scared that Kobe would match Jordan's greatness, and Kobe's worshippers delude themselves into thinking that Kobe is MJ's equal (or better than him).

MJ is better than Kobe. So what? And then Lebron always has gotten MJ comparisons. I like doing comparisons, but the media and fans go overboard with it and it gets tiresome.

Learning to shoot layups justin12140's Avatar

I think Kobe has better footwork then Jordan did. Besides that hes a better shooter behind the 3 point line

Quote Originally Posted by justin12140
    Besides that hes a better shooter behind the 3 point line
    Probably about it. Everything else is at worst a wash between the two.

Saw a basketball once

kobe's a better ball handler

just as good as a shot creator

and is a better overall shooter.

Jordan's better everywhere else but kobe keeps up with him in most things.

Losing in the finals...?

Saw a basketball once

kobe's better looking, jordan is ugly and dont even get me started on lebron.

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

people will always compare Kobe with MJ because Kobe models his play after MJ

and now there is another called Paul George trying the same gig

Local High School Star

I could only laugh about MJ copied Bryant.

MJ had an unique style.
    Example, MJ doesn't do 360s dunks (although I have seen) because he considered them as D. Wilkins signature dunks.