Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Do you think life exists elsewhere in the universe?

Answer the questions based on your belief.

If you do believe life exists elsewhere:
    Last edited by Scholar; 08-20-2013 at 12:59 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Do you think life exists elsewhere on the universe?

I have heard there are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on earth.

Many of those stars have planets that orbit them. I find it hard to believe we are the only planet in the universe that supports life.

Based on that Yes I think life exists elsewhere in the universe.

I hope we discover them in our travels. If the discover us, we are in trouble. It will be like when the european ships found native peoples.

Do you think we've ever been visited by extraterrestrials?
    No I do not. Any species technologically advanced enough to travel the light years necessary to reach earth would have conquered us by now. Eg. Euros traveled to the new world, proving technological advantage over native americans. Euros ****ed them up.

Do you believe aliens crashed in Roswell, AZ?
    No same reason.

Do you think those life forms look the way Hollywood depicts them or do you anticipate they look more human?
    No i suspect they would look completely different. All life forms on earth evolved in the same environment so we have some similarities, and are mostly carbon based. These aliens could be silicon based, they could have 5 different genders for all we know.

Do you think we will ever be visited by ETs in such a way where everyone in the world knows about it? (eg. they appear in a large city & videos of them go viral)
    If they get here, they came for a reason. Based on what I know of human history when someone comes for you, it isnt good for you.

Do you think ETs will be benevolent or are you expecting a war of the worlds to occur should aliens ever come to earth?
    War of the worlds. Not so much war, as the would be much more advanced than us if they managed to come here. 1 sided beat down.

And lastly, will ET existence change your perspective of religion?
    I am an atheist so no.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: Do you think life exists elsewhere in the universe?

There has to be imo, In general majority of humans are not very smart I'm sure there is far superior beings out there.

   

what is your real question, scholar?

that you'll never be alone at any stage of existence or non-existence?

nono, you'll never be alone, according to this man:

Hume>Kunt.

Sounds like a set of questions you get from a middle school student

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    what is your real question, scholar?

that you'll never be alone at any stage of existence or non-existence?
    I'm just curious about people's thoughts on the subject. I know a few people who truly believe we, humans, are alone in the universe and that there isn't any other intelligent life out there.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

When it comes down to it our earth is the size of ant. Our universe is just endless and endless. There's millions of planets out there. Oh and just because humans can't live in a certain planet because of the climate doesn't mean other life forms can't.. Too many people think if human life can't exist = no life at all.

So to the answer to your question, no doubt but of course we'll never know(atleast in our lifetimes)

-Sometimes I wonder the meaning though. Such as what if we are an experiment for some advanced civilization and we are basically some lab rats. What if the big bang was a controlled simulation?
    -what if we are in a matrix?

But I can support the theory that "aliens" have visited us before although in the early civilization of man to help guide him and all. I can also support the theory that aliens gave life to us like in Prometheus.

There's so much theories that it just boggles your mind.

Banned

The secular crowd tends to support the "its so big, there has to be!" argument.

Then they deride creationists who believe earth/life is too intricate to have happened by chance. And usually in an arrogant manner, like "omgz ever heard of science, redneck? hahahah"

The "its so big, it has to!" So-called 'theory' has the same amount of empirical validity and logical reasonin as creationism.

Just remember that, you silly lil hypocrites.

As for the war question I think once we are advanced enough as a specie we might have to defend our planet from invaders. Right now our civilization isn't lucrative for us to get invaded from some superior civilzation

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    The secular crowd tends to support the "its so big, there has to be!" argument.

Then they deride creationists who believe earth/life is too intricate to have happened by chance. And usually in an arrogant manner, like "omgz ever heard of science, redneck? hahahah"

The "its so big, it has to!" So-called 'theory' has the same amount of empirical validity and logical reasonin as creationism.

Just remember that, you silly lil hypocrites.
    What do you think exactly? How is that view different than the existence of god,"If you can't prove he doesn't exist...."?

It's a bit more logical to think there's life outside of earth when there's literally millions of planets and not to mention the fact that most of space is uncharted for us...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

No I do not. Any species technologically advanced enough to travel the light years necessary to reach earth would have conquered us by now. Eg. Euros traveled to the new world, proving technological advantage over native americans. Euros ****ed them up.

If theyre so advanced what would they need to conquer a tiny rock for? Your answer inherently underestimates the vastness of space and insignificance of Earth. Europeans also discovered fruit flys and worms and ants in America, yet made no attempt to "conquer" them.

You remind me of gigantes. Pretentious intellectual, minus the intellect.

NBA rookie of the year

If theyre so advanced what would they need to conquer a tiny rock for? Your answer inherently underestimates the vastness of space and insignificance of Earth. Europeans also discovered fruit flys and worms and ants in America, yet made no attempt to "conquer" them.

You remind me of gigantes. Pretentious intellectual, minus the intellect.
    There were many insects people have tried to exterminate because they were a nuisance. Perhaps they would want our resources and consider us insects.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    What do you think exactly? How is that view different than the existence of god,"If you can't prove he doesn't exist...."?

It's a bit more logical to think there's life outside of earth when there's literally millions of planets and not to mention the fact that most of space is uncharted for us...

I am agnostic about extraterrestrial life, just as I am about the existence of god. In neither case do I feel there is enough evidence to date to render even a "probably" in either direction.

Scientists cannot explain how the universe is speeding up its expansion. Its an impossibility given our understanding of physical law, yet its happening. Thy dont know why electrons behave like particles when you observe them, but waves when you dont. They cant understand why its impossible to determine BOTH an electrons location and its velocity, when mathematically it should be, but its not.

Reality seems to have certain locks on it that are thus far impenetrable. The generation of life on Earth is in that category. You dont even know definitively how life formed here, how can you say you know it exists somewhere else??? Bah. Its actually quite silly when you think about it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    There were many insects people have tried to exterminate because they were a nuisance. Perhaps they would want our resources and consider us insects.

If theyve gotten here from lightyears away, they regenerate their own resources. They do not need the MINISCULE amount of resources Earth contributes to the universe.

Unless day be like flossin dem gold chain$ n get dat shit on discount here at da Earf yo!

NBA rookie of the year

If theyve gotten here from lightyears away, they regenerate their own resources. They do not need the MINISCULE amount of resources Earth contributes to the universe.

Unless day be like flossin dem gold chain$ n get dat shit on discount here at da Earf yo!

looks interesting but I have no idea what you said.