Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2431323334
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: THE ONE: Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez - Sept 14th!!

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Once Broner beats Maidana, Matthysse is next. He said he wants him.
    I hope he does want him. Broner better have a beard if he wants that fight. Maybe he knows something we don't?

Did he say that before or after the Garcia fight?

Once Broner beats Maidana, Matthysse is next. He said he wants him.

Thurman would literally kill Broner if he fights him next year. Malignalli is a a Bum, and Broner didn't even destroy him. Broner is the next Andre berto.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Thurman would literally kill Broner if he fights him next year. Malignalli is a a Bum, and Broner didn't even destroy him. Broner is the next Andre berto.
    Malignaggi is not a bum, he just doesn't have any power. If Paulie could punch, he'd be an elite fighter. He just wasn't born with that ability. He's still a good boxer who has made a lot of guys look bad over the years, even in his losses. I mean, Malignaggi dominated Pablo Cesar Cano just before he fought Broner. Cano is not exactly a slouch (barely lost to Mosley a few months back).

As for Thurman, he is just as unproven as Broner if not moreso. Even though I think Broner is overrated, he's probably better than Berto ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I hope he does want him. Broner better have a beard if he wants that fight. Maybe he knows something we don't?

Did he say that before or after the Garcia fight?
    He's been saying it for a while. He said he wanted he Argentina boys. After he gets done with Maidana he wants Lucas. If he fights just like Danny GArcia, he should win easily. And I think Broner is a little better than Garcia.

He's been saying it for a while. He said he wanted he Argentina boys. After he gets done with Maidana he wants Lucas. If he fights just like Danny GArcia, he should win easily. And I think Broner is a little better than Garcia.
    He's a completely different kind of fighter. First of all, Garcia has a world-class chin. We know nothing about Broner's beard. Secondly, the main thing giving Matthysse problems in the second half of the fight (along with his eye) was the combination punching by Garcia. Broner tends to pot shot with one or two punches at a time.

I wouldn't draw anything from Garcia-Matthysse when it comes to predicting a Broner-Matthysse fight. The biggest question is, can Broner take that kind of power? Garcia could, but he's not exactly your run-of-the-mill chin.

And, Matthysse will hit Broner, who is often a stationary target.

I think Broner's biggest problem is his potshotting actually, a fighter that young should be throwing way more combos, he shouldn't be potshotting so much at this stage of his career.