Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: THE ONE: Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez - Sept 14th!!

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

pissed? not at all
    yes you are. You must be a Mexican, Floyd has taken out more of your people than joe arpaio lmao

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Disagree. Being confused and losing a wide decision to Mayweather is no mark of shame. I hear people saying, "why didn't he just fight like Cotto?"

Canelo is not Cotto. That isn't how he fights and, if he had fought that way, it would have likely been an even wider decision (maybe CJ Ross would have given it to Floyd, even) or a possible stoppage. That's not his game.

I thought he did fight with passion. He just doesn't have the skill to go against Mayweather at this stage and probably never will. It is what it is.
    In the 12th round during the last minute he looked like he had given in, like Floud tamed him. Thou he would go con swinging. I expected a lot from Canelo, not a win but a better account of himself. After awhile I expected him to take Mayweathers shots just to try to make something happen...

I admit I'm not a big fan of FM's fighting style, I prefer brawlers and love watching Ward/Gatti, Morales/Barrera style wars and yeah I can appreciate the fact that FM's whole deal is to jab and punch and gtfo of the way but that's a boring style of fighting IMO and have no idea how Mayweather gets paid so much money when most casual boxing fans (like me) also find that style pretty boring Are there that many hardcore fight fans?

Seriously, Canelo got out boxed but I don't think FM ever seriously hurt Canelo...watching the fight on Mexican TV and even they were outraged at the judge who called it a draw. They think giving Alvarez even two or three rounds would be overly generous, they scored every round for Floyd.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    In the 12th round during the last minute he looked like he had given in, like Floud tamed him. Thou he would go con swinging. I expected a lot from Canelo, not a win but a better account of himself. After awhile I expected him to take Mayweathers shots just to try to make something happen...
    Like I said, that was pretty much exactly what I expected, so there was no disappointment here. I actually thought he gave a pretty good accounting of himself considering the disparity in skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Umm, no it wasn't.
    Lol at this idiot homer who has no clue.

Floyd is just that good. Made Canelo look like a bum. Overall, a lackluster main event but you can attribute that to Mayweather's virtuoso skillset making a young strong champ in Canelo look like an amateur.

As for the co-main, Garcia put on a boxing clinic on Matthyse, I'm very impressed. Gotta admit I slept on Danny a bit but I gotta give it to him...he's damn good.

BTW CJ Ross should be banned from judging. More proof that women dont belong in this field.

Umm, no it wasn't.
    Alvarez had 15 lbs on him and mayweather toyed with him LOL

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Mayweather at 36 just damn near pitched a shut out against what many people regard as the best young boxer in the sport who had never lost and who out-weighed him by 15 pounds in the ring.

Nope, not impressive.

Before Canelo fought Trout, many on here were saying he was overrated, and that he hadn't fought anyone worth mentioning, and now the tune has changed. Had this been a 27, 28 year-old Canelo, I'd be impressed.

Before Canelo fought Trout, many on here were saying he was overrated, and that he hadn't fought anyone worth mentioning, and now the tune has changed. Had this been a 27, 28 year-old Canelo, I'd be impressed.
    Only tune that has changed is your homer tune; you're a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Danny Garcia is the real Deal.
    I told everybody.

Floyd vs. Cotto was a competitive fight because FMJ traded punches with Cotto.

I picked Floyd as the 2013 Ring Magazine fighter of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I told everybody.
    Can't wait to talk to GOBB. He went to the fight and PMed me yesterday about who to take in the Garcia-Matthysse fight.

I told him put money down on Garcia by UD. Where you at GOBB?!

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I told everybody.
    Garcia opened my eyes tonight.... he's a force.

Took a lot of hard leather from LM (a couple flush), didnt flinch. Kept his composure and proceeded to beat the brakes off LM.

I was at some of the 5-6 punch combos he was throwing up top and to the body...

When Canelo's 28, he'll probably be past his prime. Guys who turn pro at 17 and have 50 fights under their belt at 23 don't have the same career arc as guys who take a more traditional road.

And, Alvarez was overrated after Trout, because a lot of people were saying that he could beat Mayweather. Obviously, that wasn't close to being true.

Doesn't make the win any less impressive. Spin it how you like, this was a huge night for Mayweather in every conceivable way... money, perception, legacy.