Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Breaking: US and Britain pledge to use force within two weeks in Syria.

[QUOTE] WASHINGTON

   

Default Re: Breaking: US and Britain pledge to use force within two weeks in Syria.

i'm concerned. and maybe at some point i want to take a lot of my time and energy to study this issue deeply... which would be time and energy taken away from other projects of mine, of course.

those projects are precious and important to me.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    WHY IS EVERYONE OK WITH THIS>?!?
    Let's imagine a world where everyone isn't okay with this. Now what? Civil war? Terrorist attacks? Is there anything you or others would do besides criticizing Obama on an internet forum? Protests have basically one purpose in a democracy: Give people the opportunity to vent their anger for a few days, after which most of them go home and shut up. So what is your point exactly? It simply doesn't matter if "everyone's okay with this".

And speaking as a German who actually knows the history of how Hitler became our dictator...you should stop comparing the current U.S. government to Germany before WW2.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    Let's imagine a world where everyone isn't okay with this. Now what? Civil war? Terrorist attacks? Is there anything you or others would do besides criticizing Obama on an internet forum? Protests have basically one purpose in a democracy: Give people the opportunity to vent their anger for a few days, after which most of them go home and shut up. So what is your point exactly? It simply doesn't matter if "everyone's okay with this".

And speaking as a German who actually knows the history of how Hitler became our dictator...you should stop comparing the current U.S. government to Germany before WW2.
    Hold him accountable. Possibly move to impeach him.

Make these drone strikes NATIONAL NEWS.

I know history. Im not saying that Obama is Hitler. Im just saying is this is how travesties begin. Slowly and gradually, keeping it quiet at first. Obama has set a precedent. Who knows where future leaders will take it in the next 20 years.

I know history. Im not saying that Obama is Hitler. Im just saying is this is how travesties begin. Slowly and gradually, keeping it quiet at first. Obama has set a precedent. Who knows where future leaders will take it in the next 20 years.
    This might be true regarding to the U.S. today. But it was an entirely different thing in Germany before WW2. Not even close. I understand your opinon about the Obama government, but you shouldn't bring Nazi Germany into the discussion. It just kinda annoys me because I'm German myself, lol.

Hold him accountable. Possibly move to impeach him.

Make these drone strikes NATIONAL NEWS.

How do you make news national news? No one gives a ****. Bad on them, but it's not hidden news, it's on even the crappy networks that people watch. BUT NO ONE CARES. News networks can't broadcast things no one wants to see.

And you need to stop with the Hitler comparisons, that's ridiculous. The situation in the US is nowhere near the same and the philosophy and extremism is nowhere near the same. If you understand it's not the same don't say it.

Here's an idea. How about the UN asks all the non Sunnis in Syria who they'd rather have in power and act from there? I guarantee the overwhelming majority would rather have Assad (not a saint, but very moderate for the region) over the people burning down churches and screaming "Allahu Akhbar" every 20 seconds. Don't believe everything you hear on the news, people.

The "saving the children from gas" rhetoric is comical. I've yet to read one source with proof any biological weapons were used by Assad's forces, and we're using it as our main reason to take action in Syria.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OJ SIMPSON 2.0
    As long as they take of the bad guys who want to hurt us, I'm fine with it. Go Obama, USA USA!!! Show those Terrorist what America is all about!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    How do you make news national news? No one gives a ****. Bad on them, but it's not hidden news, it's on even the crappy networks that people watch. BUT NO ONE CARES. News networks can't broadcast things no one wants to see.

And you need to stop with the Hitler comparisons, that's ridiculous. The situation in the US is nowhere near the same and the philosophy and extremism is nowhere near the same. If you understand it's not the same don't say it.
    Do you not have reading comprehension? Im not saying the US is like Nazi Germany. I'm saying that it used similar tactics when it comes to getting the public to buy in to horrible atrocities. Start small and keep it quiet.

It is so easy to make it national news. TALK ABOUT IT MORE. The major stories on the news are not necessarily the biggest stories going on at the time-just what's the most marketable. THE NEWS DECIDE WHAT THEY TALK ABOUT and force feed coverage down people's throats! They should do the same with the drones. It's a big f*cking deal that Obama is murdering American citizens without trial.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by code green
    Here's an idea. How about the UN asks all the non Sunnis in Syria who they'd rather have in power and act from there? I guarantee the overwhelming majority would rather have Assad (not a saint, but very moderate for the region) over the people burning down churches and screaming "Allahu Akhbar" every 20 seconds. Don't believe everything you hear on the news, people.

The "saving the children from gas" rhetoric is comical. I've yet to read one source with proof any biological weapons were used by Assad's forces, and we're using it as our main reason to take action in Syria.
    As soon as I heard this story I immediately thought it was either a fabricated story or the US themselves set off the gas attack as an excuse to go in to Syria. Pure Cesare Borgia. So sick of the US doing this shit. When we keep our knows out of other countries business we actually are a really great country but these needless wars are dragging us down.

****ing US dipshits once again interfering in something they should stay out of.

Instead of letting relatively nonantiwestern and nonfundamental Assad win and squash those fanatical rebels, they are going to support those religious idiots and we in Europe will receive another fresh wave of emmigrants and refugees fleeing a land ruled by mad Allah akbars...

Thank you very much!

Do you not have reading comprehension? Im not saying the US is like Nazi Germany. I'm saying that it used similar tactics when it comes to getting the public to buy in to horrible atrocities. Start small and keep it quiet.
    Wrong. It was well known what Hitler was up to. He was imprisoned for treason in the 1920s, My struggle/Mein Kampf was released around 1925 and was sold a few hundred thousand times before Hitler rose to power. The NSDAP ( Hitler's party) had around 800.000 registered members before he even became elected. Every single aspect of the Third Reich, from the Holocaust to Euthanasia and widespread invasions were outlined by Hitler long before he rose to power, and people were either too lazy to inform themselves ( these dumbf*cks shouldn't be allowed to vote in the first place), or knew exactly what was happening and didn't mind. You can't compare this to Obama at all. Not even the methods. It's nonsense whether you like it or not. Hitler did nothing surprising at all, if you know what happened in the 1920s, which you obviously don't.

No offense, but your inability to admit when you're simply wrong is pretty annoying. You're probably a smart kid, but claiming to know history when you actually don't really doesn't help much if you're talking to people who actually know their sh*t. And again, I'm German myself...so your postings kinda make me shake my head. Hitler was doing exactly what he was talking about for more than a decade before he even rose to power. Obama isn't. Completely different scenarios, so just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    ****ing US dipshits once again interfering in something they should stay out of.

Instead of letting relatively nonantiwestern and nonfundamental Assad win and squash those fanatical rebels, they are going to support those religious idiots and we in Europe will receive another fresh wave of emmigrants and refugees fleeing a land ruled by mad Allah akbars...

Thank you very much!
    oh fukk..........it

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    Wouldn't it be better if no one engaged in unnecessary wars, instead of just someone else?
    yes please

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    Wrong. It was well known what Hitler was up to. He was imprisoned for treason in the 1920s, My struggle/Mein Kampf was released around 1925 and was sold a few hundred thousand times before Hitler rose to power. The NSDAP ( Hitler's party) had around 800.000 registered members before he even became elected. Every single aspect of the Third Reich, from the Holocaust to Euthanasia and widespread invasions were outlined by Hitler long before he rose to power, and people were either too lazy to inform themselves ( these dumbf*cks shouldn't be allowed to vote in the first place), or knew exactly what was happening and didn't mind. You can't compare this to Obama at all. Not even the methods. It's nonsense whether you like it or not. Hitler did nothing surprising at all, if you know what happened in the 1920s, which you obviously don't.

No offense, but your inability to admit when you're simply wrong is pretty annoying. You're probably a smart kid, but claiming to know history when you actually don't really doesn't help much if you're talking to people who actually know their sh*t. And again, I'm German myself...so your postings kinda make me shake my head. Hitler was doing exactly what he was talking about for more than a decade before he even rose to power. Obama isn't. Completely different scenarios, so just stop.
    I admit when I'm wrong. You are failing to understand my point again.

I AM NOT COMPARING OBAMA TO HITLER.

Just the method hitler used to achieve his concentration camp plan.

First make them sew gold stars-harmless, no one raised a fuss.

Then start making laws discriminating against them.

Then Kristallnacht.

Then seize their property and assets.

Then murder them.

SIMILAR TO HOW I SEE THIS DRONE THING PANNING OUT-

first a few unconstitutional air strikes targeting american citizens.
    Everyone seems to be ok with this so far.

So who knows how far someone else will take it.

It is a dangerous precedent to set.

Before you know it we can have US presidents sending robot assassin drones to kill American citizens on US soil without trial due to them being a "threat to national security" in the eyes of the president.

We really aren't so far away from that.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 08-27-2013 at 03:00 PM.