Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2013 US Open Thread

STAN THE MAN!

Ive got nothing against Murray. IN fact i was hoping he would get into the finals and face Nadal because those two havent faced each other in a while. I thought it would be a classic match. But i just love it when other players in the top 10 can bring their game. It makes tennis a lot better in general. the top 4 (Nole/Rafa/Anday/Fed) are so ridiculously better than the rest of the tour, its almost like a monopoly. But with Gasquet and Wawrinka in the Semis, two underrated players on the tour who struggled for years against the top 4, its just great for the sport.

Now i hope Stan can pay back Novak for that heartbreaking loss in Australia. That was a great match

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Wawrinka is such a legend. I'm not really a hardcore tennis fan, but i saw one of his matches like half a year ago and ever since I'm a fan of his.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

i like his game better than murray to be honest. that is why i pick him and i knew he can win vs murray... but i still think djokovic gets this..

i also think wawrinka might have a trouble vs nadal so its 1 vs 2 ....

This Djoker vs. Youzhny match could be interesting. He's beaten Djoker 3 times in 8 matches.

Banned

Wawrinka didnt just win he made Murray look like a nobody.

Waw waw wrinka!

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    This Djoker vs. Youzhny match could be interesting. He's beaten Djoker 3 times in 8 matches.
    naw, i think djoker and nadal are on a collision course. i give wawranka a better chance against djoker than i do with gasquet against nadal. djoker and nadal is a toss-up but i am hoping nadal wins it. they're both looking great though.

   

awesome... my boy djokes is through to the semis.

not really sure anyone can touch nadal at this point, but we'll see...

Djokovic has been insane this tournament outside of that one dropped set against Youzhny... Playing some great tennis. It'd be fitting for him and Nadal to play in the final seeing as they have been the two best players by far. Saying that though, Stan is in some fine form.

I dont doubt that Nole is a top 2 player right now in this tournament but hes been playing some crappy ass players. The other night he played Granollers, absolute joke that hes in the top 100. Youzhny's the only decent player he has played so far and he was probably burnt out from playing in the dead heat in 5 sets vs Hewitt. That match was great, but took a lot out of both players.

We will see if Djokovic is battle tested enough vs Stan and eventually Rafa.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    I dont doubt that Nole is a top 2 player right now in this tournament but hes been playing some crappy ass players. The other night he played Granollers, absolute joke that hes in the top 100. Youzhny's the only decent player he has played so far and he was probably burnt out from playing in the dead heat in 5 sets vs Hewitt. That match was great, but took a lot out of both players.

We will see if Djokovic is battle tested enough vs Stan and eventually Rafa.
    Stan is a great match up for him. Presents the same problems for him as Federer, who he actually doesn't have an easy time against, despite what recent records show in majors.

   

so we have some stan stans in this thread?

Wawrinka is playing out of his mind, handling Djoker right now. I don't think I've ever seen anyone hit as many winners against Djoker as Wawrinka is right now.

STAN Da Man keep stanning!

1 set closer. stan